Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 06-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #136
Ion
イオン

Quote:
Originally Posted by season3 View Post
I'm looking for prescription colored contact lens I can buy online for Alois Trancy cosplay. My eyes are a light grey-ish color, but it's a pain to not be able to see well when I'm out cosplaying and have the wrong eye color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inya Urahara View Post
I need little help. I'm going to my eye doctor soon to do their training for contacts and I'm going to get grey for my eyes. However, for my Kaito cosplay I want to get blue contacts so it won't look funky and I'm not a blind money since I'm very much near sighted.
Inya Urahara, I am not sure exactly what you are saying what with "not a blind money" etc. but concerning both yours and Season3's inquries:

I would suggest scrolling up a few posts to look at Dalibar's massive compilations and the beginning of the thread which has links to posts recommending certain lenses. There is also the list I was compiling as well which includes both regular cosmetic and circle lenses in blue. You both may want to consider Acuvue or Freshlook lenses that come in cosmetic colors if you want a more natural look. They are often cheaper or you can bring a trial certificate to your eye exam and get some trial colors for free.

Also Cosplay Lab has a variety of lenses that are very fair in price and can come in your prescription. For a noticeable colored lens that is not a circle lens, I really like ColorMax lenses because what you see is what you get. The stock images are accurate and the colors work on all eye colors as they are very opaque.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Mikazuki Munechika - Touken Ranbu | D.VA - Overwatch | Jadis - Chronicles of Narnia
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #137
Inya Urahara
Agent Mozell

@Ion

I meant "blind monkey". >_> Typo.

Anyway, I don't know how to tell the difference between circle lenses and non-circle lenses so I wanted to avoid a site that sold both. I've looked at that site you recommended and I wanted to be sure that I didn't order circle lenses by mistake.
Inya Urahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #138
Ion
イオン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inya Urahara View Post
@Ion

I meant "blind monkey". >_> Typo.

Anyway, I don't know how to tell the difference between circle lenses and non-circle lenses so I wanted to avoid a site that sold both. I've looked at that site you recommended and I wanted to be sure that I didn't order circle lenses by mistake.
Circle lenses are just a type of lens typically with a dark circle around the edge manufactured in Asia. They may have an enlarging effect. There is nothing wrong with them if you buy legit brands like Geo, EOS, Dueba, i.Fairy, Waicon, etc.

If you absolutely do not want circle lenses, stick with anything sold on CosplayLab's page, Coastal Contacts, 1800Contacts, or pretty much any major American-based company as they do not sell circle lenses.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Mikazuki Munechika - Touken Ranbu | D.VA - Overwatch | Jadis - Chronicles of Narnia
Unread 06-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #139
AleriaCarventus
Your mother's table!

Are there any natural-looking yellow-brown lenses that aren't circle lenses? I'm willing to wear them if there aren't any normal ones, but I'd rather not. I wear prescription contacts on a daily basis, so I'm used to them. I've never worn circle lenses, so I'm not really sure if they'd be comfortable. These are for Kanade from Angel Beats.

This one's tricky too - anything remotely similar, even if it's just in colour and doesn't have the cat-pupil, to the Cheshire Cat's eyes? Thanks for your recommendations!
VCon - Daenerys Targaryen (GoT)

GottaCon - Jhoira of the Ghitu (M:tG)
TsukinoCon - Makise Kurisu (Stein's Gate)
AleriaCarventus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 02:42 AM   #140
atlantisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleriaCarventus View Post
Are there any natural-looking yellow-brown lenses that aren't circle lenses? I'm willing to wear them if there aren't any normal ones, but I'd rather not. I wear prescription contacts on a daily basis, so I'm used to them. I've never worn circle lenses, so I'm not really sure if they'd be comfortable. These are for Kanade from Angel Beats.

This one's tricky too - anything remotely similar, even if it's just in colour and doesn't have the cat-pupil, to the Cheshire Cat's eyes? Thanks for your recommendations!
I also wear prescription contacts regularly (acuvue or whatnot) and when I started trying out circle lenses they were comfortable for me -- they just felt a bit thicker on my eye than normal, so you'd want to get used to that. I made sure the base curve matched my regular contacts too.

For Kanade I'd recommend the EOS Dollyeye Brown (http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...t/P1120243.jpg) but they are a circle lens. The diameter is 14.2 and base curve is 8.6 so they are not too enlarging. EOS lenses, from my experience, are very comfortable. Otherwise I think the best you are going to get from a natural looking non-circle lens would be a hazel color.

My deviantArt!
Upcoming cons: ALA, Anime Conji, Fanime, Anime Expo
atlantisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 03:38 AM   #141
AleriaCarventus
Your mother's table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantisan View Post
I also wear prescription contacts regularly (acuvue or whatnot) and when I started trying out circle lenses they were comfortable for me -- they just felt a bit thicker on my eye than normal, so you'd want to get used to that. I made sure the base curve matched my regular contacts too.

For Kanade I'd recommend the EOS Dollyeye Brown (http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...t/P1120243.jpg) but they are a circle lens. The diameter is 14.2 and base curve is 8.6 so they are not too enlarging. EOS lenses, from my experience, are very comfortable. Otherwise I think the best you are going to get from a natural looking non-circle lens would be a hazel color.
Oh those do look really good! Would those be these? They're quite reasonably priced, too. Cheaper than my actual contacts haha.
Thanks for your help, I may end up going with those.

Last edited by AleriaCarventus : 06-20-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Unread 06-20-2011, 11:59 PM   #142
SilverInsanity
Evil Pastry

Alright guys I have another challenge for you. I am in need of some orange contacts, which by my misfortune happens to be a very unpopular color in contacts apparently. I plan to use them for two cosplays, Konan and Kyoko. As you can see Konan has hard orange eyes while Kyoko has softer more and slightly more natural looking eyes. So that rules out the froggy contacts since they seem too harsh for Kyoko, and the Eclipse contacts have large pupil holes (I saw some reference pics) and I have blue eyes so I don't have the luxury of passing my exposed iris off as part of my pupil like people with dark eyes. :/

I did some digging and found the Wolf Eyes by Create Eyewear on Lens4Less, they look much different in real life then in the photo and i was lucky enough to find a youtuber with them here. So they really look orange. XD I am pretty suspicious however because they are cheap, does anyone know anything about the sight selling them?

Sorry if I wrote a novel here but I have been researching off and on for a while and my head is kind of spinning right now. Opinions? Suggestions?
SilverInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #143
Hagane No
Don't call me "Robin"

Anyone know where I can obtain gold TORIC circle lenses Or a color similar to gold? Prescription.
Hagane No is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #144
Ion
イオン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane No View Post
Anyone know where I can obtain gold TORIC circle lenses Or a color similar to gold? Prescription.
Unfortunately for toric lens wearers, the choices are limited unless you buy custom lenses from a place like 9mmsfx. I have compiled a small list of what I could find but none of the lenses look like they will be vivid yellow but rather a more muted gold color like hazel or honey. The Soleko Queen lenses seem like they may be comparable to Solotica in terms of color. and look really pretty. List is here http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...1&postcount=47

CURRENT PROJECTS
Unread 06-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #145
Creative Genius
feelin' nerdy

I'm needing contact lenses for Axel from Kingdom Hearts.
here is a picture. (it's actually Axel as Lea..but same eye color.)
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...Hearts/Lea.png

where can i find a color like this? it's not blue..not teal..definitely not green. im lost XP and super picky!
Creative Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #146
Hagane No
Don't call me "Robin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post
Unfortunately for toric lens wearers, the choices are limited unless you buy custom lenses from a place like 9mmsfx. I have compiled a small list of what I could find but none of the lenses look like they will be vivid yellow but rather a more muted gold color like hazel or honey. The Soleko Queen lenses seem like they may be comparable to Solotica in terms of color. and look really pretty. List is here http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...1&postcount=47
Do you know how long it will take for them to make the contacts then ship them? =]
Unread 06-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #147
Ion
イオン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane No View Post
Do you know how long it will take for them to make the contacts then ship them? =]
That depends on each company. If it is not stated on the product page, you can always email and ask. The general consensus seems to be 2-3 weeks before the lenses ship out.

To be on the safe side, I would recommend ordering at least 1.5 months before you need them because the lenses all seem to be made to order save for the Freshlook Colorblends lenses (which ship in 3-5 days apparently). If you place an order abroad, you also would have to figure in transit time and the possibility of the parcel being stopped at customs. Hope this helps!

CURRENT PROJECTS
Unread 06-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #148
Hagane No
Don't call me "Robin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post
That depends on each company. If it is not stated on the product page, you can always email and ask. The general consensus seems to be 2-3 weeks before the lenses ship out.

To be on the safe side, I would recommend ordering at least 1.5 months before you need them because the lenses all seem to be made to order save for the Freshlook Colorblends lenses (which ship in 3-5 days apparently). If you place an order abroad, you also would have to figure in transit time and the possibility of the parcel being stopped at customs. Hope this helps!
right. as soon as i get paid, i'll do that. thanks for the advice =]
Unread 06-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #149
Winters_Cosplay

Hello, I'm trying to find the right color yellow/gold contact lenses for Blair from Soul Eater and I've been having some troubles. Does anyone have any recommendations? Appreciate any help, thank you.

Mew-Pokemon
Noel- BlazBlue

Katsucon 2014 Line Up

Neo Queen Serenity- Sailor Moon
Yui- Fushigi Yugi
Surprise Cosplay
Mew Ichigo- Tokyo Mew Mew
Aang-Avatar

Join my cosplay page on Facebook and watch my journey in cosplay!!!
http://www.facebook.com/WintersCosplay
Winters_Cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #150
AleriaCarventus
Your mother's table!

So since I was looking at the Dollyeye, I thought I should order my Cheshire Cat contacts from the same place to save on shipping - does anyone have pictures of either of these worn?