Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 03-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #271
<Lenneth>
50/50

Well, I have some Contacts I am looking for that I have yet to find a source for.

Blue Kos-Mos Contacts (another I would like to find are Mirrored Riddick type contacts)

If you know where I can find either please let me know.
<Lenneth> is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #272
AslinnMoonbreez

Okay, I could use some help.
I want to get some contacts for Lulu from FFX, but I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out what colour I should go for. Her eyes are listed as reddy-brown, or she is described as having red irises...Yet, when you look at concept art and some other pictures her eyes just look brown, but in other things (like a screenshot from what I actually think is FFX-2) they do appear to be a very dark red. I have looked through screen shots and all sorts of things, but I guess this is the best picture I can go off: http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1...7451_00066.jpg (which is from FFX-2, but it is the clearest in-game shot I can find). I wish I could go through all the cut-scenes from the game, but my net is too crummy to attempt it. Anyway, what colour would people suggest?
I've looked at a couple I think might work, but a lot of the time I cannot find any pictures for them in someone's eye (especially for light eyes like mine).
I have considered:
- Cafe Mini: Cappuccino Violet WMM-700
- I.FAIRY Venus Red
- Forest: Red WT-B68
- Nudy Quarter: Red WCH-628

Does anyone have an suggestions on what I could use for Lulu? My brain feels like it's about to fall out lol.
AslinnMoonbreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #273
Ion
イオン

@Ink
All of the below are 14mm or 14.2 mm which will not make your irises look bigger and they will ship worldwide.
- Neo Cosmo Sunflower Edge Violet: 2 tone vibrant, opaque purple, nice pattern/effect
- Neo Cosmo Princess Violet: 3 tone, more natural with some blending
- Neo Cosmo Queen Violet: 4 tone vibrant, opaque with some blending near pupil
I own the Sunflower Edge lenses in a different color and really like them. They are bold but not obnoxious. Pinky Paradise has a nice selection of violet lenses too but they are upgrading their site currently and it should be back online around the April 3rd. Just search by color when everything is back online.

@<Lenneth>
Check the 2nd post of this thread under "blue". There are a number of recommendations for characters with icy/bright blue eyes [note some recommendations link to Pinky Paradise products which as I mentioned above, is offline for upgrades until the first part of April]
For Kos-mos:
- Neo Cosmo Sunflower Edge Blue [more blueish]
- Color Max Aqua / Clearly Colors Aqua-tic Allure [more aqua]
- i.Fairy Hanabi Blue [dolly look]
- Sakura Blue aka Candy [dolly look]
- Silver Mirrored Lenses [plano only]

@AslinnMoonbreez
I personally do not like Geo lenses as the colors are barely noticeable on dark eyes unless you have a flash photo so that may be something to consider if you have dark eyes. The other 2 lenses have a lot of black in the design so if your eyes are dark, the color might end up not showing much at all or looking very muddled/broken up. Here is one pic I found of the first lens. It is hardly noticeable even with flash.

When PinkyParadise gets back online, check out their red lens selection. There is a Super Pinky Wine Red lens [looks like this] and a Venus Eye Red Wine lens [which looks like this] and a few others with "wine" in the description that I am forgetting which are both more muted and reddish brown which would be perfect for her. Then you do not have bright red demon eyes nor would they be plain brown.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Mikazuki Munechika - Touken Ranbu | D.VA - Overwatch | Jadis - Chronicles of Narnia
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #274
AslinnMoonbreez

Thank you very much! I have light coloured eyes, which was part of the problem...Any pictures I could find (which often were none) would always have people with dark eyes, so you could never see the design! Which means it's hard for me to judge how they'd look if I was wearing them.

Edit: I ended up just buying the Super Pink Red Wine ones and a pair of EOS New Adult Blue ones (for my Seras cosplay) from Honey Colour. I don't know if they are good or not; but I couldn't really wait around for PinkyParadise to come back up because I need them soon.

Last edited by AslinnMoonbreez : 03-30-2012 at 12:42 AM.
AslinnMoonbreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #275
Braber01

I have astigmatisiam and My eye doctor says I can't wear Colored Contacts is there a brand out there that would work for me and a Paine(FFX-2) Cosplay?
Braber01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #276
Ink
We're all mad here!

Thanks a bunch, Ion!
And the mome raths outgrabe."
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #277
Mademoiselle
Resident Gravity Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braber01 View Post
I have astigmatisiam and My eye doctor says I can't wear Colored Contacts is there a brand out there that would work for me and a Paine(FFX-2) Cosplay?
Well, there's 9mmsfx.net which will make custom ones for you. However, they're at least $100/lens depending on which ones you want.

I feel your pain. I also have astigmatism and I know without asking that I probably can't wear regular lenses. At this point I'm pretty much resigned to just photoshopping all my photos.
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #278
Sushicatt

I'm trying to find some blue lenses with the dark outer ring because I need that "dolly" effect, also with a large diameter.
I have been considering Barbie king size or Geo super angel, their pattern and size its perfect, BUT their blue color is so bright, I need something more toned down, like a bit greyish and not so vibrant, but still being clearly blue and also not creepy-looking
Any suggestions? ^^
Sushicatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #279
Faeriegoddess

I was desperately searching for some Red lenses for my Lulu cosplay last week when I discovered that the site I used to get them from was no longer carrying them in prescription strength. Of course I turned to the trusty message boards here as they have been a great help and after reading through, I decided to take @Ion's advice and I ended up ordering from Pinky Paradise. Not only were the lenses exceptionally priced but they came incredibly fast as well. I ordered on a Thursday evening, paid for the express 3-5 day shipping and Monday morning they arrived!. I am very happy with the fit and the prescription is right on. Thanks again for the great tip! I will be using them from now on.
Faeriegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #280
Blaylock

I'm looking for goat-eye lenses... any color would do, but I'd prefer green *can't find any*
Blaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #281
Ion
イオン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushicatt View Post
I'm trying to find some blue lenses with the dark outer ring because I need that "dolly" effect, also with a large diameter.
I have been considering Barbie king size or Geo super angel, their pattern and size its perfect, BUT their blue color is so bright, I need something more toned down, like a bit greyish and not so vibrant, but still being clearly blue and also not creepy-looking
Any suggestions? ^^
For what you want, it sounds like you are on the right track and just need to do more searching for images to try and gauge how they will look over your eye color. As with many contact lenses, the stock images are heavily photoshopped. The colors are not as "in your face" when worn by people without studio lighting and post processing. The Geo lenses I have tried actually err more on the side of the natural-looking/toned-down than something like DollyEye lenses. To be honest, most of the Geo lenses I purchased looked quite muted over my eyes which was not the effect I wanted.

Barbie King Blue look more like a slightly less intense royal blue.
Geo Angel Blue appear more royal blue and can appear greyish blue over some eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaylock View Post
I'm looking for goat-eye lenses... any color would do, but I'd prefer green *can't find any*
They'd have to be custom-made. Manufacturers only mass-produce lenses that they know will move quickly. Goat eye lenses are not in the highest of demand all the time, hence why they would need to be custom. 9mmsfx makes them, they are yellow but they could make them in green for you. Just send them an email.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Mikazuki Munechika - Touken Ranbu | D.VA - Overwatch | Jadis - Chronicles of Narnia
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #282
Sora-Arashi

Hi, I'm doing a cosplay for Lightning Farron from Final Fantasy XIII And am trying to decide between two lenses.

Both are from thedollyeye.com which I've heard is a reputable site....

First is the puffy 3tones blue

Second is the Fairy Blue

Has anyone had any experience with this seller or the products? I have really dark, almost black eyes.
Sora-Arashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #283
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Sigh...I love it when I think I have a solution and come to find out that things are never as easy as they seem...
I have a prescription for contacts. R- +2.25 and L- +0.75. BC- 8.6 D- 14 mm
Wanted to order contacts from pinkyparadise in a gold to amber color. I have blue eyes...They answered me with 2 G and G (BT02 and 03 I think...) brand lenses that unfortunately have no images of someone wearing them yet they looked nice...
Went to order them and saw they only have - powers...
Stupid question...my eyes are not that bad, I've gone 4 years without any correction and see pretty darn well, -0.00 is plano on pinkyparadise I hope?
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #284
Ion
イオン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhelitta View Post
//snip//
Went to order them and saw they only have - powers...
Stupid question...my eyes are not that bad, I've gone 4 years without any correction and see pretty darn well, -0.00 is plano on pinkyparadise I hope?
Yes, 0.00 is plano anywhere. Sometimes they throw a + or - sign in front of it, like +0.00 or -0.00, but it will always mean you are getting unpowered lenses. FYI, circle lenses are not made in + powers as there is much less demand for that prescription type.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #285
squkyshoes
Meatbuns!

My eye color is probably the hardest color to match unnatural colored contacts with: green.

Could you possibly suggest some brands/styles in unnatural colors (mainly red atm, but some others that aren't in red will be useful for the future) that have a small inner diameter (or any other features) that would make my green eyes less noticeable?
Styles with outer rings and a non-solid iris pattern are preferred, as these contacts will be for my Lilith cosplay.
Ponyo
Finland

Last edited by squkyshoes : 05-08-2012 at 06:27 PM.
squkyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote