Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 06-19-2017, 01:48 PM   #451
loz64

I won "Best in Show" and a memorial award at Anime Mid Atlantic's cosplay fashion show this past weekend! I've become addicted to entering cosplay contests and now that I'm officially a journeyman I want to step up my game.
Alice Elliott | Aqua | Impa (SS) | Princess Hilda | Rosalina | Pajama Link | Airy | Agitha | Lolita Spock | Lolita Uhura | Eureka | Riyo Chuchi | Belgemine | Anise Tatlin | Ganondorf (Hyrule Warriors) | Master Eraqus | Lolita Mario

Visit my Facebook page for professional photos, progress photos, con reports, tutorials, and other fun stuff: https://www.facebook.com/MythrilArts
loz64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-25-2017, 04:20 AM   #452
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

So two good things happened yesterday:

1. Made it out in public presenting actually around other people who didn't know. Reasonably certain I didn't get clocked by most of them. I mean yes it was a costume rather than normal clothes but a step is still a step.

2. Got back to find the letter from the GIC saying I was officially on the waiting list sat on my mail pile.

I think we're cooking now.

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2017, 04:32 PM   #453
KoroKoro

My wigs for Vaporeon and Lenalee Lee came in and they're absolutely perfect! All I have to do is make the ears/tail for Vaporeon and then find a pair of red pumps for Lenalee and I'll be set.
KoroKoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2017, 04:11 PM   #454
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Admittedly a very tiresome trip out to Toronto, but seeing a dude walking with his cat on his shoulder was pretty cute.

DTAC/Holiday Fan Days 2017:
Ruri Kurosaki, Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2017, 03:11 PM   #455
Sonic Whammy
Time to PRESS YOUR LUCK!

Small little things: This past Friday was my 16th wedding anniversary, and to celebrate, us and the kids spent the last few days up in Lake George, NY. First time we'd been up there in 3 years where it was once an annual staple of my wife's family. The kids really enjoyed it, and there's still more to do the next time we go back, whenever that should be.

Brian "Sonic Whammy" Sapinski
Lost Silver Productions
Host of Game Show Megamix
Subscribe on Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter (@GameshowMegamix)
Sonic Whammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2017, 04:19 PM   #456
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Finally finished my batch of white bats! Still left to do, the batches of black, teal blue, orange and my minky lavender ones....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2017, 06:34 AM   #457
Yukeshiro

I have gathered almost everything for my upcoming project! Yay! I know it's to early to celebrate because I have got one final exam to take this Thursday, but then I can finally craft! Please keep your fingers crossed for me!
Yukeshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2017, 12:43 PM   #458
AlaizabelCray
Welcome to My World...

I found LOTS of photos of my cosplays at Comic Con. This normally NEVER happens!

My old college has TONS of job openings and I applied for two this week. And I had an interview yesterday with a local non-profit. Let's see how this all goes.

https://www.facebook.com/AlaizabelCrayCosplay
AlaizabelCray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2017, 12:42 AM   #459
TeaForThought
Knows nothing

I got my new skates yesterday, put in five hours of ice time and they feel great.

I can't believe I was worried about a rough break in process; I'm so happy, everything just feels right when I'm on the ice.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2017, 01:28 PM   #460
Sugar.Code
D'Arvit!

Some guy yesterday randomly told me I looked like Noctis from FFXV and then gave me a high five. Best part is I was actually casually going for that, so that was awesome.
Also I love looking in the anime/manga section of this site and seeing, like, OHSHC, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Soul Eater, etc. as the series with their own sections. It's like a portal back to 2007-ish and I love it.

F! Ardyn Izunia - Final Fantasy XV - Done!

Logix Fiscario - Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky

Escha Malier - Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
Sugar.Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2017, 09:04 AM   #461
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

^ I keep feeling like there's a 2007 revival happening too. Code Geass is getting a new series, the live action FMA, Naruto is (somehow?) still alive and well...??

Otakon was stellar. The FLOW concert was so so so much fun, and I saw so many friends, and got some great shots of the cosplays I did wear. Cannot freaking wait to get to another con!

In other news, I had a second round interview with a company I'm really excited about yesterday. (Though I guess I should say "second round" lightly; this was a triple header technical interview with 90 minutes of problem solving, whoooo.) Crossing fingers that it was good enough, because I'd be so stoked to work for these guys.
  • General Revamps (N/A): ??% (---) Summer 2017
  • Director Lucretia (The Adventure Zone) : 15% (Prop Work) Fall 2017
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2017, 12:35 AM   #462
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
I got my new skates yesterday, put in five hours of ice time and they feel great.

I can't believe I was worried about a rough break in process; I'm so happy, everything just feels right when I'm on the ice.
I feel the same way

As for me I got a pretty good birthday haul this year (well I always do haha. My family knows my tastes well). This birthday has been the most relaxing in awhile. I also consider the Venus wig I bought being a gift from me to...myself xD. And Fan Expo - so glad this is happening. Much better than moping around at home. Plus an upcoming trip to my Uncle's house will add to the winding down before heading back (sorry for the school saga...school is just really toxic for me. But I know I'm not the only one.)

DTAC/Holiday Fan Days 2017:
Ruri Kurosaki, Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2017, 05:08 PM   #463
Respawning

Was given a PS4 for my birthday yesterday, now I can finally play Horizon Zero Dawn! It will make cosplaying Aloy easier since I think I want to do one of her armors.

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel
Working on: Ciri Witcher 3

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2017, 05:31 PM   #464
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Got my American Duchess boots for historical costuming and OMFG I LOVE THEM. They were expensive but they're beautifully made, fit great and are amazingly comfortable! Usually my feet reject heels like I were allergic, I put these on and an hour later took a half hour walk on pavement/sidewalk, with a backpack of stuff for half of it. Not a bit of soreness in my feet, just a little irritating me around the edges where I need thicker socks to cushion my bony ankles, and they're not even broken in yet! Not regretting the $300 investment at all. (Would have been $250 including the shipping and our crappy exchange rate... but customs fees, suddenly! ARGH.) I'll be able to use these for every Victorian outfit I make for many years. Hell, and whenever I feel like fancy boots, if I have the time to put them on.
(I bought these beauties! http://www.american-duchess.com/inde...product_id=238 )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 08-30-2017 at 05:34 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2017, 07:10 PM   #465
Respawning

So I've started joining my friend on her Twitch stream doing some cosplay work and it's actually been pretty fun. And yesterday's stream Evil Ted came and chatted with us! We completely fangirled out! We are huge fans and either came off as annoying or endearing (I'm hoping endearing).

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel
Working on: Ciri Witcher 3

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote