Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Con Bravo

Unread 03-02-2016, 08:37 AM   #1
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Who is going?

After being totally impressed last year, I have taken advantage of the early bird pricing. Will be driving each day (though I dislike Hamleton's one way roads). Anywho, what are we cosplaying as?

I would like to bring my gyarados, but since team four star's Nappa will be there (Excited), I might make a ghostbuster outfit except it would be to capture ghost Nappa.

"Captain Canada"
Pokemon trainer inspired something

Samurai Zapdos and Moltres
Revamped Scalemaille Gyarados with armour
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2016, 03:33 PM   #2
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'm applying for Artist Alley, so hopefully I get in this year (got waitlisted, last year, and even if I'd gotten in, by the time they sent out the emails of yes/waitlisted/no the hotels I could afford were all gone). If not, nope, can't afford to go just for fun since I'd need a hotel, and Atomic Lollipop the week before usually wipes me out for a week straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2016, 04:22 PM   #3
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

If you do attend I will visit your booth. I went to atomic lollipop last year and never again. I am too old for that one lol

"Captain Canada"

Unread 03-02-2016, 04:53 PM   #4
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
If you do attend I will visit your booth. I went to atomic lollipop last year and never again. I am too old for that one lol
I'm not the rave/party type, but nostalgia, science center, lots of my favourite fandoms and really damn fun events? It's by far my favourite con. Only con where I have to MAKE myself go home and get enough sleep at night, and force myself to take a break for food. Never been to ConBravo though, since it's always been out of my budget to add it on too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2016, 05:52 PM   #5
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
I'm not the rave/party type, but nostalgia, science center, lots of my favourite fandoms and really damn fun events? It's by far my favourite con. Only con where I have to MAKE myself go home and get enough sleep at night, and force myself to take a break for food. Never been to ConBravo though, since it's always been out of my budget to add it on too.
ConBravo is more of a gaming con I think. Or that's how I will describe it. There was a large vendor area and panels and gaming rooms. There was even a little indie gaming area (so much fun!) There was lots to do - if you are a gamer (and classic gaming too - oh boy I feel old to call SNES a classic), and cosplay events too. I only went on the Saturday last year and really enjoyed it.

Now, I have been there once before - a few years ago, and thought is was boring, but they have turned it around to make a fun con!

"Captain Canada"