Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Con Bravo

Unread 12-17-2014, 02:45 AM   #1
HidoshiNobunaga
Fire on the Mountain

Post ConBravo! 2015 - Important Dates & Details

Hey folks, this will serve as our official "ConBravo! 2015" thread. If you have questions about the festival or suggestions, this is where to post them.

When:
July 24-26th 2015

Where:
Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen's
Sheraton Hamilton Hotel

What:
Indie video, cosplay, gaming, graphic novels, etc. We're a multi-genre show with a focus on independent creators (that means YOU, cosplayers and comic creators) and gaming (that means YOU, DMs, indie devs, and LARPers).

It's our 6th year and we're expecting between 4500-5000 attendees. Our guest list is slowly forming and currently includes Andre Meadows (Black Nerd Comedy), Jared Knabenbauer (ProJared/Normal Boots), Phelan Proteous (Phelous/Channel Awesome), Allison Pregler (Obscurus Lupa/Channel Awesome), PawDugan (Channel Awesome), and Elisa Hansen (Maven of the Eventide/Channel Awesome).

In the past, we've hosted JonTron, the Nostalgia Critic, the Angry Video Game Nerd, Mark Meer, Mara Wilson, Spoony, Angry Joe, The Super Best Friends Play, The Runaway Guys, VickyBunnyAngel, Kudrel, MeltingMirror, and tons of other greats.

How:
We'll be running registration in three batches:

1. Earlybird Pre-Registration - $35 (starts Jan 23rd)
2. Regular Pre-Registration - $40
3. At-Door Registration - $50

There will also be additional items like a ClubBravo! Supporter Pass ($100, includes goodies and discounts), t-shirts, and other neat stuff coming down the pipe. Some of the info is already up on conbravo.com, some stuff TBA.
1 Summers Lane, Hamilton, ON

Last edited by HidoshiNobunaga : 12-17-2014 at 02:50 AM.
HidoshiNobunaga is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
HidoshiNobunaga
Fire on the Mountain

Our attendee rate at the Sheraton Hamilton Hotel is now open! The Sheraton is our primary official hotel and connected to the Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen's via skybridge, plus it's home to tons of our programming in its second floor and basement ballrooms.
Unread 03-15-2015, 05:22 AM   #3
jackalope

Awesome. It may be early, but I had such an amazing time at ConBravo last year. I'm very hyped about it for 2015. It was my favorite con of the year in 2014, after all. The environment was awesome and so was the venue.

I do have one concern. Last year the line to even for pre-reg was honestly outlandish. It was as bad as an overrun states con. We waited over three hours in line, something that wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't pre-reg, I guess. Is there anything being setup to avoid this happening this year? Just so I know whether or not to show up way earlier than planned.
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2015, 01:43 AM   #4
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Will probably never get this answered since the forums are dying here, but, does ConBravo offer a discount rate for the Crowne Plaza nearby? Sheraton's booked up (and I hate Sheraton hotels anyway) and those Homewood suites or w/e are WAY too expensive. The Crowne's still a bit much for me without a discount, especially since I applied as an artist and I'm trying to make a profit when I go (And I have to pay for the whole hotel...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 11:23 AM   #5
HidoshiNobunaga
Fire on the Mountain

Hey Shinobi, yes, we have a Crowne discount now up on the website.