Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Unread 08-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #1
ChaoticMiracle

Cosplay contest/show-off at J-Town, Markham, Ontario - Sat. August 8, 2015

Hi all,

I was asked to post this here by the organizers of this event.

New Info!
The organizers are holding a Cosplay show-off right before the contests in the courtyard where all cosplayers are invited! Let's show people how fun cosplay is! No registration required for this. Just show up in the outdoor courtyard at J-Town @ 4:00PM

Sorry, forgot to add this info for the show-off. No weapons are allowed due to safety reasons. Thank you for your understanding!

There will be a Cosplay contest at J-Town during their Summer Festival! Here are the details:
  • Time: 4:00PM (Contestants are asked to arrive 2 hours prior to that, so 2:00PM)
  • Date: Saturday August 8, 2015
  • Location: Outdoor courtyard at J-Town (3160 Steeles Avenue E, Markham, Ontario)
  • Details: Both individual or group are welcome
  • How to Register: Please check the link given below
  • Registration Due Date: 5:00PM August 4th, 2015 @ Green Tea Lounge or e-mail Please note that the registration is now closed. Thanks to all of you who registered!
    • If you're 18 or under, please scan the page with your parents/guardians' signature and attach it to your e-mail
    • You can still participate in the contest without registering but you won't be eligible for the prize
  • Note 1: Contest might be cancelled due to the weather or lack of participants (but a show-off can still take place)
  • Note 2: Changing area will not be available.
  • Rules: Please check the second link given below

Prize will be given to the 1st place winner. There are no categories.

Here is the link to the poster. A more detailed post has been posted here.

I know it's a last minute notice but it would be great if you can join us! If you have any questions, it will be best if you post them on the Facebook page linked above.

Thank you, all!

2015/08/05 Updated post with info about cosplay show-off
2015/08/02 Updated post with new information.

Last edited by ChaoticMiracle : 08-05-2015 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Update
ChaoticMiracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2015, 08:39 AM   #2
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

My friend already told me and I was thinking of going (I actually didn't know it was a contest, I just thought it was a little event). Is it anime-only for the contest or is anything welcome? I ask because if its an outdoor event, my only summer-friendly costumes are from western cartoons and if there's nowhere to change...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 08-02-2015 at 08:43 AM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2015, 12:08 PM   #3
ChaoticMiracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
My friend already told me and I was thinking of going (I actually didn't know it was a contest, I just thought it was a little event). Is it anime-only for the contest or is anything welcome? I ask because if its an outdoor event, my only summer-friendly costumes are from western cartoons and if there's nowhere to change...
Hi,

The organizers have updated their post, which can be found here. They mentioned that the costume can be from anything, so Western cartoon characters are definitely welcome

Thanks!
ChaoticMiracle is offline   Reply With Quote