Go Back   Cosplay.com > Usergroup Forums > Usergroup Discussion and Recruitment

Unread 10-25-2016, 06:17 AM   #1
Nikki Tan

Unhappy didn't have confident to cosplay my favorite character

So, I wanted to cosplay a character from Vocaloid but didn't have the confident to cosplay the character. Why? Because I posted my cosplan ( the character) on Facebook and nobody likes it. I feel like
I'm loosing my confident to cos my favorite character. It make me really sad.
Sorry if I'm being stupid
Nikki Tan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-25-2016, 08:54 AM   #2
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Tan View Post
So, I wanted to cosplay a character from Vocaloid but didn't have the confident to cosplay the character. Why? Because I posted my cosplan ( the character) on Facebook and nobody likes it. I feel like
I'm loosing my confident to cos my favorite character. It make me really sad.
Sorry if I'm being stupid
Okay, first things first:

Never ever, EVER base your want to cosplay someone from how it's responded to by people on Facebook. No one liking it shouldn't even matter to you.
Facebook is the absolute worst thing to try and base your want to do something on, it's a garbage social media platform!

There have been many posts like yours in the past and everyone's response is always the same:
Stop caring about what people "like" on social media or whether or not your post got more than 5 like's on Instagram. Cosplay and work on stuff because you want to, not because it's what everyone wants you to do.

You're not being "stupid" but you're being painfully impressionable by things that you've no need to care about. If you base everything you do on whether or not people on Facebook like something or even care, you're not going to do much with your hobby.

Cosplay because you want to, not because everyone on your social media feed is drooling over it.
You not having the "confidence to cosplay your favorite character" is no one's issue but your own and you've got to get over that hump yourself and just do it.
I hope you get over your personal speed bumps here and cosplay whomever it is that you're wanting to!

Good luck! <3

-Classic Sailor Moon
-Various Overwatch stuff
-Cardcaptor Sakura
-2B, NiER: Automata
-Purah, LoZ: Breath of the Wild

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2017:
None yet!

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:
Animazement '17

Last edited by Milky Bubbles : 10-25-2016 at 09:00 AM.
Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2017, 03:32 AM   #3
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

Um….when you mean you posted it on Facebook, do you mean no one pressed "Like" on it? or there were comments telling you not to? Either way, does it really matter what other people think? If it's your favorite character: Just do it. You're making excuses to not cosplay it if you say no because of what other people tell you. Do you.
SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote