I thought I'd show off a makeup I did at ohayocon. This was pretty simple to do if you have the right materials.
- wash the skin and apply vaseline to the eyebrow. wrap the costume in a towel to keep things clean
- Apply a thin layer of liquid latex everywhere except the eyesocket. This greatly eases cleanup.
- Apply a layer of prosaide prosthetic adhesive over the latex. Spirit gum works just fine as a substitute, i just didn't have any. again, keep spirit gum away from eye.
- unroll a cotton ball and push into the adhesive. Remove any excess.
- Apply more latex over the cotton. Let the wearer hit with a hairdryer to dry the surface of the latex.
- mix 2 colors of PAX to the desired shade (it varies in the screencaps depending on lighting and such, so I just picked what looked good.) I used a mixture of white, burnt umber, raw sienna, phenophalene (sp) blue, and cadmium red. largely becuase i had these colors on hand. The lighter shade is mostly the darker color with more white added.
- paint the inside darker, and the outside lighter, with a distinctive border between them. A decent artist paintbrush works for this.
- tear any hard edges off a foam triangle sponge, as well as some chunks out of the center, and use this to stipple a small amoung of the dark shade onto the light shade, and the light shade onto the dark shade.
- push lots of facepowder into the makeup, and wipe off with a slightly damp towel.
Edit: OK, I misspelled. It's Prince Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I thought i should edit it and add the word in here in case anyone searches the forum for ways to do this character.