Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 01-07-2007, 02:25 AM   #1
lost-mind

Quick! Or not...

I was wondering how fast you all can make decent EGL costumes. I would have posted on the general board, but I'm talking EGL XD its so much harder then just a regular costume.

The reason I ask is because I have less then three weeks before AnimeLA and I want to EGL cosplay for their "Gothic Mad Tea Party". I was hoping for maybe some suggestions, easy EGL dress/ accessory/ hat patterns, or just a pat on the back for encouragement XD

Thank you!
-EDdie

Unread 01-07-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
ilumiari
What is "Shower?"

The simplest is an unembellished princess seam jumperskirt, I can make one of those in about 4 hours.

If you don't have access to a Gosu Rori magazine or similar you can buy a regular princess seam pattern and make the skirt a bit fuller. Add a petticoat and headpiece and you are set.
Unread 01-07-2007, 08:58 AM   #3
Meiki

Or if you wanted to go the skirt route! If you don't mind buying stuff, go find a fairly victorian-looking blouse (they're everywhere these days), a pair of knee socks or stockings and some mary janes. And here, here, and here are some good tutorials for basic loli skirts.
Meiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #4
lost-mind

Thank you very much ilumiari & Meiki I appreciate the help more then you know!
Unread 01-10-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
DigitalDeviance
Fakir: Jedi Knight

» *pats on the back for encouragement*
Unread 01-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #6
Nina Star 9
Amano Tsukiko Addict

a simple, elastic-waisted skirt takes little time at all. it still looks nice enough, though it is not the best way to make a skirt if you have time to make something else, but still works perfectly fine. all you do is use a plain rectangle of fabric, embellish it (just rows of lace work best, but bustles and such can be added later), and then add elastic to it. then you can find a ruffly victorian-looking blouse somewhere, i am sure, as peasant style is still huge and it seems to be drifting closer to victorian.

good luck. ;D
Nina Star 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2007, 10:59 PM   #7
lost-mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina Star 9 View Post
a simple, elastic-waisted skirt takes little time at all. it still looks nice enough, though it is not the best way to make a skirt if you have time to make something else, but still works perfectly fine. all you do is use a plain rectangle of fabric, embellish it (just rows of lace work best, but bustles and such can be added later), and then add elastic to it. then you can find a ruffly victorian-looking blouse somewhere, i am sure, as peasant style is still huge and it seems to be drifting closer to victorian.

good luck. ;D
Thank you so very much ^_^
Unread 01-10-2007, 11:02 PM   #8
lost-mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDeviance View Post
» *pats on the back for encouragement*
*sniff* Thanks! I certainly need that!