Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-23-2007, 06:57 AM   #46
Lucifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brio View Post
ya know what. I'd love to be in your shoes. the mroe cons the merrier...but the less $...not so much
Never said I spent tons of money on cons. Fortunate to work at some, and have birthday's/tax returns to help with the others. It isn't hard to make going to a local convention less expensive, also.

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-23-2007, 01:55 PM   #47
Aleera
Master Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
Never said I spent tons of money on cons. Fortunate to work at some, and have birthday's/tax returns to help with the others. It isn't hard to make going to a local convention less expensive, also.
I second the above. I pre-reg early as often as I can and I've just started to volunteer hosting panels for the local conventions to my area this year.

Also Metrocon will have the registration tiers online once that is set up, if you lock in early it's only $30 compared to say $45/50-ish. Better to paypal sooner than pay more later.
Unread 01-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #48
Eclipseofsorrow
:)

I'll be there for sure. =D We're finishing up My Darcia and Jagara, also Hamona. x3 Dunno if Cheza can make it or not, but it will be a super detailed group. (3 hours alone on one of Jagaras armor peices. >> )

Also, we're maybe brining the beast. xD Leviathan, 20 foot long, dragon costume. Roy still has to get back to me on rules and the likes. o_o;

Oh oH! Hosting this year- Anime Clue! =D If we can secure rooms, it will be a live action clue game with anime themes instead of 30's. x3 Fun fun, you should all go~
Eclipseofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2007, 10:46 PM   #49
Miss Meru
Miss Vallière

Can anyone tell me how the costume contest works... like what day it's usually on & etc.? This is going to be my first Metrocon so I'd like to get an idea ^^
Dragon*Con (Atlanta)

♥♥ cosplay portfolio @ merucosplay.com ♥♥
Miss Meru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2007, 10:27 AM   #50
Aleera
Master Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiuchi View Post
Can anyone tell me how the costume contest works... like what day it's usually on & etc.? This is going to be my first Metrocon so I'd like to get an idea ^^
It is usually on a Sunday and in the past it has run into the late afternoon (around 5 pm). I hope that helps you out. I think you should check out the Anime Human Chessmatch for your 1st Metrocon, it's just awesome. Oh and if you're not staying at a nearby hotel you might have a bit of a hike to the convention center. Tampa can be worse than Miami when it comes to parking, trust me, if you are not staying in a hotel nearby leave time to find parking in your plans.
Unread 01-24-2007, 10:40 AM   #51
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

Oooh, you're the one with the Anime Clue, Eclipseofsorrow? I'll have to make sure our panels aren't at the same time, I wanna see that!

And, it's amazing, but I've already started work on Whose Line Is It Anime. That means no stalling because I have no games thought up. XD
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2007, 11:59 AM   #52
Miss Meru
Miss Vallière

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleera View Post
It is usually on a Sunday and in the past it has run into the late afternoon (around 5 pm). I hope that helps you out. I think you should check out the Anime Human Chessmatch for your 1st Metrocon, it's just awesome. Oh and if you're not staying at a nearby hotel you might have a bit of a hike to the convention center. Tampa can be worse than Miami when it comes to parking, trust me, if you are not staying in a hotel nearby leave time to find parking in your plans.
Yeah, we're definitely checking out the chess match & staying at the con hotel. ^_^ Thanks so much!!
Dragon*Con (Atlanta)

Unread 01-24-2007, 01:23 PM   #53
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

More details on the costume contest, I have both judged and participated in the MetroCon costume contests, and here's the run-down.

Pre-judging normally begins on Sunday around 11am-12pm. You will be assigned a number and wait in line, go in, talk with the judges and have your costume examined for roughly 2 minutes tops. If like at MetroCon: Amano's World, there may be a panel before the judging starts for you to ask questions, get information on line-up and pre-judging, etc. Line-up times will definately be provided in any case so you know when and where to line-up for the stage presentation.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
NiGHTmaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2007, 02:12 PM   #54
Aleera
Master Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiuchi View Post
Yeah, we're definitely checking out the chess match & staying at the con hotel. ^_^ Thanks so much!!
That hotel is brand spanking new, it was under construction last year. You just walk over the sky bridge to the convention center. Much more convenient. I'm thinking of booking at least Saturday there (though it is a bit pricey). I remember other years walking over the old bridge in heels(especially for Masquerade) and now I won't have to walk so much.
Unread 01-24-2007, 05:59 PM   #55
Miss Meru
Miss Vallière

Thank you both so much for the input! It really helps. Most of my friends are skipping Metro for AX or haven't been at all, so it's nice to get some feedback.
Dragon*Con (Atlanta)

Unread 01-25-2007, 02:02 AM   #56
Pantsu_chan
So dericious!

I think I'm in for Metro this year...since I'll just be doing research over summer, I should be able to take some time off and drive over to Tampa. This'll be my first time attending Metrocon!

As to what costumes I'll bring, hmmm. Hopefully my Utada will be done...and this will likely be the debut con for my (currently)secret YamaPi costume (unless I get it done before AnimeSuperCon)! When it gets closer I'll know what other costumes will come along for the ride.
Oren Pierre Alfonso (Kamen Rider Gaim)
Marie Antoinette (2001 Takarazuka Rose of Versailles)

Team Awesome <333!!
Pantsu_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2007, 10:06 AM   #57
AnimeAngel
Back in Black

I'm actually skipping Expo for Metrocon. Expo last year was just horrible and I'd rather give it a break than go again and be upset from the year before. Plus I have obligations at this years Metrocon. It should be fun, and I'm thinking it's going to be worth it.
AnimeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2007, 10:06 AM   #58
AnimeAngel
Back in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylgrrl View Post
As to what costumes I'll bring, hmmm. Hopefully my Utada will be done...and this will likely be the debut con for my (currently)secret YamaPi costume (unless I get it done before AnimeSuperCon)! When it gets closer I'll know what other costumes will come along for the ride.
You're going to ASC? I'll see you there!
Unread 01-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #59
Aleera
Master Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeAngel View Post
You're going to ASC? I'll see you there!
See both of you there.

As for Metrocon, it's also one of the nation's larger conventions but what makes it interesting are all the different events. Largest and best FL con, imho.
Unread 01-25-2007, 03:13 PM   #60
AnimeAngel
Back in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleera View Post
See both of you there.

As for Metrocon, it's also one of the nation's larger conventions but what makes it interesting are all the different events. Largest and best FL con, imho.
Ohhhh!! Awesome ^^

I haven't been to Metrocon yet, so I'm hoping it's a lot of fun! I hear it's a blast.