Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 05-15-2002, 05:47 PM   #1
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

questions re: kenshin cosplay

It occured to me at some point that the reason I'm going to AX (well the big one) is that Rurouni Kenshin's creator is coming. That was about the point that I realized I was NOT doing Kenshin cosplay, and that this was a bad thing. I really didn't know who to do . . . but I've settled on Kaoru's kendo uniform (simpler than a kimono). BUT, here's part A of the question - in one of the Kenshin manga issues, there is a joke where Kenshin and I think Sano are imagining Kaoru and Megumi. They picture Kaoru as a raccoon-girl (this is part of the "weasel girl" Misao joke later). So I thought, why not do ears and a raccoon tail with the costume? The thing is, I CAN'T FIND that picture of Kaoru. Does anyone know even what arc it's in? It's fairly early. I haven't seen the anime so I don't know if it's in that.

part b - Do tanuki - Japanese raccoon dogs - have different looking tails than NA raccoons? I think they do, like just the tip is black instead of having bands like NA raccoons. Can anyone confirm/deny/tell me it isn't important?

part c - Is is cheesy to save myself some time since I have other costumes to do, and buy Kaoru's hakama and ichiken from a martial arts supply? Has anyone bought commericial hakama? I'm worried the cheaper ones will be cheesy. I found instructions online to make hakama, and it didn't look that hard . . . but I'm not sure.

Ah sorry for the long post. But I really don't know who to ask about these sorts of things. I'll take anybody's opinions gratefully.

Unread 02-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
kanaiganara

wow after all thesse years and no comment im glad to comment 1st haha sigh
kanaiganara is offline   Reply With Quote