Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Archives > Cosplay.com Picnic - May 4 - Irvine, CA

Closed Thread
Unread 04-02-2003, 08:13 PM   #1
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Info

Where: Mason Regional Park
When: Sunday, May 4th, 10am to whenever

We will continously update this thread with new info as we have it. This is a cosplay event but cosplaying is not required. We will be photographing anyone who would like to be photographed using the scenery of the park as a backdrop, and publishing the photos on the site.

We advise bringing a change of clothes in case you'd like to jump out of costume toward the end.

Parking is $4 per vehicle. We are renting one of the pavillions but there is no charge to attend, the pavillion is on us.

Once I get the exact pavillion number (probably tomorrow as I'm heading up there the check everything out) then we'll start planning out food, drinks, etc. This is a pot-luck style setup but we'll also have a large BBQ pit to use so we'll probably plan on having main stuff like burgers, chicken, hot dogs, etc.

Please keep all discussion of the event in this forum so we can all keep track. I will post more info as I have it available.

Unread 04-08-2003, 12:03 AM   #2
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

More Info.

We have pavillion #3 from 10am to 9pm. I'll post a map soon showing how to get to the pavillion, but it's right next to the entrance area so it shouldn't be hard to find.

I'm looking at getting a couple of portable changing rooms for those of you who wish to jump out of costume while you're there. The closest restroom is about 100 yards from the pavillion, and it's next to a very large pavillion that will no doubt have plenty of people hanging out, so it'll probably be a bit busy there.

We are right up against the lake. The pavillion isn't very big (we're going to set it up as a place for food/drinks) but there is a lot of open and shaded space in the immediate vicinity to hang out at. Lots of ducks and geese too. Although everyone knows geese are assholes.

Weapon policy: No guns of any kind, no realistic weapons of any kind. All other weapon-like props you bring must stay in your car until you're taking photos (like big animated swords that are obviously benign).

More info soon.
Unread 05-03-2003, 01:22 AM   #3
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Here is a link to a map of the park location.

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt...mag=8&newmag=7
Unread 05-03-2003, 01:23 AM   #4
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

We will be in pavillion #3. When you enter, look for the sign that says "Cosplay.com Picnic". We're near the entrance to the park, next to the lake.
Closed Thread