Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 01-16-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
EXsoldierSNAKE

Questions about the parades

I was watching some DC parade videos on youtube and I have afew questions about them. Can anyone walk in them? like anyone in costume or do you have to be part of a group? and about the vehicles some groups use, do you have to do anything special to have a themed vehicle in the parade?

Unread 01-16-2007, 11:25 PM   #2
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

Anyone can walk in the parade . If you're not already part of a group, they'll put you in with someone else - there's groups for Star Wars, Star Trek, Anime, etc. You just have to find the parade sign-up table and, well.... sign up! For a vehicle, I saw plenty of plain ones, so I would assume you don't need anything special if you want to use one.

{ I N L U M I N O }
Space Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 12:57 PM   #3
london2191

They have designated groups, like Ghostbusters, Anime/Video Games, Star Wars, etc. So they'll manage to fit you somewhere regardless of your costume. Not just /anyone/ can walk in. You have to sign up and have a little ribbon. Some people hopped in last year, but it may be more enforced for this one.

As for vehicles, I have no idea. Most of the celebs or whatever that walked didn't walk...but...rode. xD And then the Ghostbusters had their car and there were some bikers. You have to ask the lady/dude organizing the parade this year to see.

You can find most of ALL this information on the Dragon*Con website.
Unread 01-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #4
EXsoldierSNAKE

Ok thanks guys, I just had this crazy idea after watching a jeep full of army guys( I dont remember what they were cosplaying as). and then I saw an SUV drive by with a bunch of Killzone guys on it and it was blaring music. I was thinking it would be awesome if I could get an army jeep or a truck and have a bunch of MGS cosplayers standing in the back of it while Metal Gear music played from the speakers, gahh but i'd never get enough people to do a metal gear costume
Unread 01-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #5
TechieCL
MomoCon HeadStaff

FYI, the guys on the deuce and a half (army) were from Stargate

MomoCon On Tour get your Fan-Fix between conventions. Photoshoots, dances, and more!
TechieCL is offline   Reply With Quote