Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-07-2008, 02:03 AM   #136
Eos
to be surprised

alright this is my morning & night regimen:

i believe in a healthy diet and a rigorous exercise routine. if my face is a little puffy, i'll put on an ice pack while doing sit ups... i can do a 1000 now.
(okok sorry. for people who dont get it, that was a reference to a movie. ;D i cant do a 1000 situps unfortunately.)

in all seriousness: i used to have quite a bit of acne. it was mostly on my forehead and an occasional cyst on my chin or whiteheads on my cheeks. NOW i have really nice skin (no seriously i stand in front of the mirror and just admire it ^__^) and i only have acne once a month when auntie flow comes to visit.

BENZOYL PEROXIDE will get rid of your acne for you. you REALLY have to stick with it though!! at first it is SO drying to your skin, and it won't seem to make a difference and it'll just irritate you. but if you stick with it and moisturize well, after a month or so you will see major improvements.

this is my regimen:

morning: - wash with neutrogena daily face wash
- put on cetaphil moisturizer with 15 SPF
- put on additional 55 SPF sunscreen (im asian and i tan really easy! im not into the tan look either)

night: - use neutrogena face scrub (exfoliator with beta-hydroxy acid)
- use 10% benozyl peroxide on forehead, area around nose, chin, or put a big blob of it on spots that are coming up)
- Kiss My Face Peaches & Creme Moisturizer with 4% alpha-hydroxy acid

and thats it! im also looking into buying queen helen's mint julep mask because it supposedly stops acne and i've just heard only good things about it!
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2008, 11:45 AM   #137
an deiner Seite
Hell doesn't love them.

http://www.clearasil.ca/en/creams/creams-skin-tone.shtml

I noticed a difference RIGHT AWAY using this stuff!
It's skin colored, so it helps hide your acne while treating it. (You can get normal, non-colored, if you don't prefer tints)

After about three days or so, I noticed a major difference! My acne was almost all gone, and so was the redness!

All you do is wash your face like you normally would, then put a VERY THIN layer of the cream on. It dries like a powder, so if you put too much on, you will see it. If you put too much on, no worries! Just dab your fingers in water and put it over where you see the dried cream.

I swear by Clearasil. It's the only thing that works for me.

I've been using it for a few months, and my skin is acne-free, except for a few blackheads. XD

Before (first picture), and After (second picture):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC11186.jpg (44.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SDC12364.jpg (50.9 KB, 0 views)

Stocking - Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Rikku - Final Fantasy X
Frodo Baggins - Lord of the Rings
Baby - House of 1000 Corpses/the Devil's Rejects (for Zombie Walk)
an deiner Seite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 12:10 AM   #138
Hello Nozzy
fujoshi beeeeaaam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eos View Post
- Kiss My Face Peaches & Creme Moisturizer with 4% alpha-hydroxy acid

and thats it! im also looking into buying queen helen's mint julep mask because it supposedly stops acne and i've just heard only good things about it!
That moisturizer, I LOVE it. I keep hearing about the "cat pee" smell it takes on when it gets old, but haha, it's still worth it.

Queen Helene's is a really nice product for the price; I also use it as an overnight spot treatment sometimes.
Hello Nozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 12:36 AM   #139
ChibiToon
What have you done?

This is something I recently read about that really works...

To reduce the redness of a pimple, dab some Visine on it. Especially the advanced stuff. It seriously reduces the red enough in order to cover it well with makeup! (And it only takes a few minutes, too!)

CT

Future Cosplays: More APH, Angel Sanctuary, CCSakura, K-ON, TsubasaRC, and Kuroshitsuji.
ChibiToon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #140
samantha_ai
scary and damaged

My best acne tip is DO NOT PICK AT YOURSELF.

I've had a bad habit of picking at my acne since I was in 4th or 5th grade (in 11th now) and now I'm all scarred up and whatnot. Popping your zit only spreads the bacteria and causes more inflammation- it NEVER helps!
If you do have to pop a white head, make sure to wash your hands immediately before and afterwards. If you're having trouble trying to find a face wash product and you've been searching for a while I'd recommend Biore. I searched for years for something that would work for me and in the end that's what finally helped.

Also, make sure that you moisturize correctly for the seasons. Winter is coming up and if you don't moisturize for the dry cold harsh air, you'll end up breaking out.
Same goes for summer, if you moisturize too much then- you'll clog your pores.

A lot of the science behind skin care is finding the right balance that works for you- so unfortunately you might have to test a lot of products before you find the ones that are right for you.
Unread 11-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #141
TALLESTnicole
Nice bananas!

There'a also no shame in visiting a dermatologist, even for mild acne.

2 years ago i was on every single acne treatment untill they finally put me on accutane, which cleared my skin up. But there are alot of health risks involved with it, and it apparently screws around with your emotions (that bit has never affected me).

If you have mild acne, the dermatolagist will probably prescribe something mild and tell you how to take better care of your skin (ex. how to wash it, warm vs. cold water, what type of cleanser to use, etc) and probably give you free samples of stuff to see if it works before you buy a whole jar/ tube of the stuff.

its alot easier than trying to figure it out through trial and error, thats for sure.

Also, do EXACLTY what the acne products/ dermatolagist says to do! I've half assed it before and it can make your skin worse and cause you to waste money.
TALLESTnicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #142
ladymatsuya
Is it naptime yet?

Oh god, I love this thread. Thank you everyone for posting so much help!!! You all are fabulous. I am very cruel to my skin, I pick at it, and yell at it, and tell it that I hate it and that it has no friends...you get the point. I always pop whiteheads to get the bacteria out and the ones that harden up underneath the skin's surface usually turn into bloody gashes because I am impatient and mean to myself. I have tried SO HARD to refrain from tearing apart my face, but I just can't stop myself. I think I have some kind of acne OCD or something. That's my explanation and I'm sticking to it.

I can never tell whether salicylic acid helps or makes it worse. It seems to vary wildly from product to product at random. I have no explanation for this. Benzoyl peroxide is the devil. I am ridiculously allergic to it. My eyes in particular get red, dry, itchy, and puffy if it gets anywhere near them at all. Proactiv is fail for me all around. I'm really getting tired of over the counter and I hate going to the doctor, so...no dermatologist.

I tried the apple cider vinegar remedy that someone posted, and I will continue that for a while to see if it helps. I always drink an apple cider vinegar concoction whenever I get a sore throat and it always massively helps with that, so WHY NOT. I'm also going to go shopping and try going on a green diet for a week as recommended and see if that helps as well. And I'm going to buy the vitamins recommended here. Hopefully I can find some natural "green" solution for me, since all the chemical-y type products seem to make things worse and/or I'm allergic to them. :/

Last edited by ladymatsuya : 11-05-2008 at 10:49 PM.
ladymatsuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 01:13 AM   #143
Jaisuke
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by an deiner Seite View Post
http://www.clearasil.ca/en/creams/creams-skin-tone.shtml

I noticed a difference RIGHT AWAY using this stuff!
It's skin colored, so it helps hide your acne while treating it. (You can get normal, non-colored, if you don't prefer tints)

After about three days or so, I noticed a major difference! My acne was almost all gone, and so was the redness!

All you do is wash your face like you normally would, then put a VERY THIN layer of the cream on. It dries like a powder, so if you put too much on, you will see it. If you put too much on, no worries! Just dab your fingers in water and put it over where you see the dried cream.

I swear by Clearasil. It's the only thing that works for me.

I've been using it for a few months, and my skin is acne-free, except for a few blackheads. XD

Before (first picture), and After (second picture):

I can't see any blemishes/pimples on your before photo <.<
You have nice skin already I think o...O ?
Jaisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 02:03 PM   #144
Frosty~RLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcat View Post
I use AcneFree (it's like ProActiv, only it's a bit cheaper and available at places like Target and Wal-Mart) at night, most nights. I use a Neutrogena scar-fading peel twice a week, but I haven't noticed any dramatic differences.
Ah, I use AcneFree, too! ^^ It works really well!

*~Next Cosplay: North Italy/Veneciano and fem!Prussia at A-kon~*

~Frosty[RLF]
Frosty~RLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #145
JustBeMeltdown

HEYYYYY, heyheyheyheyhey!!! I've had acne since I was seven and it was really bad acne a few days ago I put baby powder on it and the day after it looked like moderate!! my friend tried it too and it did the same for her(except she only had, like two pimples and I have cysts and rosea and all that)! I'll keep doing it and report back! I had this big cyst too that kept me from smiling or stretching my face and I poked a tiny hole in it with a needle and put some baby powder in it and now I can smile!
NOTHING has worked for me but that! And I've even been on dermatologist pills! I have another post here somewhere... the softness only lasts for like a day though...if you keep using it it may stay nice!

Last edited by JustBeMeltdown : 11-06-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Unread 11-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #146
an deiner Seite
Hell doesn't love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_MaD_hAtTeR_ View Post
HEYYYYY, heyheyheyheyhey!!! I've had acne since I was seven and it was really bad acne a few days ago I put baby powder on it and the day after it looked like moderate!! my friend tried it too and it did the same for her(except she only had, like two pimples and I have cysts and rosea and all that)! I'll keep doing it and report back! I had this big cyst too that kept me from smiling or stretching my face and I poked a tiny hole in it with a needle and put some baby powder in it and now I can smile!
NOTHING has worked for me but that! And I've even been on dermatologist pills! I have another post here somewhere... the softness only lasts for like a day though...if you keep using it it may stay nice!
wow! I'm gonna try that! Thanks!
so, since you were 7? That's really early o_o

Stocking - Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Rikku - Final Fantasy X
Frodo Baggins - Lord of the Rings
Baby - House of 1000 Corpses/the Devil's Rejects (for Zombie Walk)
an deiner Seite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #147
JustBeMeltdown

yeah, my mom is what...46 and she still has it, it runs in our family
Unread 12-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #148
Caldoria
Caldoria

I think I get problems the day before and after I get to a convention. I think it's the stress of getting costumes ready and just being away from home, even if I'm having fun. I try not to touch my face (bacteria) and drink lots of water to combat the problem. And then my problem is gone AFTER the convention.
Many of you are probably under 20? My skin used to behave very, very differently then, and I never found a good solution as a teen. I tried prescriptions, but it seemed time was the best medicine for taking most of my skin problems away.
BUT, I think my advice for everyone young and old is to avoid using your hands and other devices to mess with existing blemishes. It's pretty tempting to get a quick fix, though. If you've tried your quick fix and have damage, use a concealer! I use a really, really inexpensive kind that comes in a lipstick type tube. I put it on reverse of some people: Over foundation and then I cover with a good powder. I haven't tried the green type yet, but color logic tells me it'll help cancel out red tones. My other half seems in love with my concealer. After accepting some at a convention, he sometimes uses it for work days (he probably does not mind me telling about it. He's man enough to not be ashamed or scared of makeup!).
Someone mentioned freckles. I recommend a "brightener". It sometimes takes a little time to notice it working. I use it to stay pale when I've gotten sun, to even out my face's skin tone (good for photos). It's often in "ethnic" skin care sections of stores. The one I use has a chemical in it that may be a little dangerous for long term use, so if you're worried, you could look for something with kojic acid (popular in Japan?). The products I see with this ingredient tend to be expensive and maybe harder to find. I have seen some skin cream with kojic acid at a natural foods store.

Last edited by Caldoria : 12-02-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Caldoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #149
GorgeousAstro
The Gallant Fighter

The best stuff I have used for clearing up my skin is an apricot scrup. I prefer St. Ives over the various other scrubs on the market. The scrub will remove oil and dry skin off your face.

Earlier remarks in this thread are very true, and are often overlooked: your diet and your daily habits greatly impact your skin (and the rest of your body). The biggest factors that helped improve my skin (aside from the apricot scrub), was replacing soda with water and carefully washing my hands before I touched my face.

For make up, I like to use a Loreal cover up followed by powder to set the cover up. I've heard that theatrical make up companies, like Ben Nye, work very well too.

LiveJournal of the Wish Granter

~ASTRO'S WISHLIST 2009~
ANIME BOSTON PORT CON MAINE
CONNECTICON ANOTHER ANIME CONVENTION
More to come! ♥
GorgeousAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 07:12 PM   #150
Sakurai_Atsushi
Yaoi Guy, in a girly body

So I saw these make up tip videos, and the thing is, I think they're in Korean, so I have no idea what's being said, or if there's mention of the products they use, but I'd really like to know. they made the girl's face look like it was perfectly flawless, even when some had beauty marks or things like that.

T.T I'm a makeup newb, so for cover-up is that the same as foundation? if not, then is foundation the powder used to set it? -confused-
Aizenism :3?
Sakurai_Atsushi is offline   Reply With Quote