Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-25-2007, 12:32 AM   #31
mizuhaki

Ok, I remembered another thing. Kind of random and weird, but it helps. Change your bedsheets twice a week, and more often if you apply medication to your face at night. Because you're pretty much rolling around in your filth if you don't change your sheets often.
mizuhaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-25-2007, 12:50 AM   #32
xNagi
japanesenagi@deviantart

Clean and Clear products are good. However, clearing gels can often leave dark spots. >.< I have some marks rights now. So I avoid clearing gels if the pimple is not in its "eruption stage" as I call it.

credit: got my avatar template here
xNagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2007, 05:02 PM   #33
chisainekocat
Harr0

Ditto. I've used Neutrogena's Rapid Clear gel, and instead of clearing the pimple, it just made it into a huge scar.

After a pimple pops, I like to dab a bit of Neosporin on it to keep it from getting infected. It also reduces scar marks.

My old cosplay group: JAC Productions (with Paro Paro Inc friends) jac-productions.com/
chisainekocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2007, 10:10 AM   #34
hinata-hime

[may sound stupid but it works] alchesaltzer tablets, if you get them wet and set them on any acne it works in about a week, but you have to do it every day. it might burn or feel funny cuz, it bubbles but it worked for me...
hinata-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 03:33 AM   #35
xpaku

someone said something about neosporin. I second that definately! The product that I'm in love with is Clean and Clear's spot treatment. I'm not sure exactly what it's called, but it's clear and come in this foil-ish looking silver tube. It's the one acne spot treatment that I will never give up, and it has never failed me. And even if it doesn't completely clear the pimple, it will definately reduce the size and redness. Man, i'm so attached to it... I used to have crap skin, but I realized that when you GET MORE SLEEP it helps a heck of a lot. Sleep is your friend! Cause the reason I used to have bad skin is because I only got 3-4 hours of sleep per night. But now I have nice clear skin w/ the ocasional REALLY annoying pimple, that doesn't have that white spot underneath it. I think it's called a papule, and all you can do is wait it out T.T.

-Clean and Clear Advantage Spot Treatment (<3)
-Soap... face soap, mild
-Astringent on occasion
-Non-comogedic moisturizer. I've been using Olay sensitive complete ever since I started washing my face everyday, but I've never really tried anything else... O.o

Something new I've been using is this stuff by elizabetharden. It's not /meant/ for acne, but it works really well on the little bumps i get. It's this night cream stuff. Good for dry skin too
xpaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 05:13 AM   #36
quelara
board

diluted euycalyptus oil. Just one or two drops in a 1 cup of water should do be good. When i say drops i mean it because the oil is toxic if ingested but we're all smart so we wouldn't drink it and also try not to get any in you eyes.
You're all probably in the US so i don't know if you can get euycalyptus oil. I live in australia and i can get it at the shops.

with toothpaste you should water it down and rub it in. I have herbal toothpaste and a green tea one so i use them and they work well but thats me
Simon - 0%

.hack
Kite - 0%
Azure Kite - 0%

MANIFEST melbourne anime festival -http://www.manifest.org.au/
quelara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 05:21 AM   #37
xNagi
japanesenagi@deviantart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinata-hime View Post
[may sound stupid but it works] alchesaltzer tablets, if you get them wet and set them on any acne it works in about a week, but you have to do it every day. it might burn or feel funny cuz, it bubbles but it worked for me...
I've heard of this from a friend and it did work on her. But never have tried it. ^^

Unread 01-31-2007, 11:42 PM   #38
Touya no miko
TnM

After you wash your face, moisterize so it doesn't dry out. I used proactive for my acne and it cleared up in about less than a month. Use makeup that not harsh on the skin. Liquid foundation doesn't really cover up well and bad for your skin depending on the brand and if it's oil based. Creme based makeups are less harsh and powder base is good and not heavy.
Touya no miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 05:00 AM   #39
xNagi
japanesenagi@deviantart

Use a whitening moisturizer.
Wait for at least 20-30 mins or until you think your skin has absorb the moisturizer.

Then apply a deep spot whitening cream/lotion on those dark spots.

Unread 02-01-2007, 06:54 AM   #40
white_rabbit
rabid fangirl

i would be careful with some products.... especially if your skin is senistive. If a product makes your skin feel dry - stop using it... use a more milder product. Face wash the main culprit for my skin - its very picky with certain products. Even with moisturizer, you need to watch out for that too. One product line i suggest is Dove - their stuff is really good - not expensive either
white_rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2007, 05:48 AM   #41
xNagi
japanesenagi@deviantart

Yep, Dove's good for all skin types. ^^

Unread 02-02-2007, 06:12 AM   #42
white_rabbit
rabid fangirl

oh yeah ^^ their mosturzizers are wonderful too
white_rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2007, 01:49 AM   #43
KawaiiKawai

My skin is really weird, it's flaky, but semi-oily and extremely sensitive... EXTREMELY... and it won't hold makeup either... the only time I need soap is for water-resistant mascara and thick heavy goth makeup- everything else just wipes right off... Freaky....
Neways, I've found that brushing my face with a damp washcloth (no soap) actually helps keeps breakouts to a minimum and dabbing a little bit of firstaid ointment (generic) onto the itchy ones helps... It would also help if I would stop scratching... and drink more water... I agree with changing your sheets at least every week too. It helps with all but the number one cause of breakouts--- stress!
KawaiiKawai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2007, 11:41 AM   #44
NissaElf

I have extremely sensitive skin and bad break outs at times. The only thing I have found keeps the break outs down to a minimum is sea weed. I know it sounds strange but it helps leech out the toxins from the face. I take two tablespoons kelp powder to 1/2 cup natural aloe put it on my face and leave it on for 10 minutes and do this once a week. It does sting a bit if your face is very infected. Afterwards I get a nice glow and smooth feeling skin also removes the flakiness too.
NissaElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2007, 05:58 AM   #45
xNagi
japanesenagi@deviantart

It might also help if once a week, you'll do use a whitening facial mask. ^^