Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.
Unread 04-03-2003, 01:50 PM   #1
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

FFX-2 Yuna thread

Cause members are so uberly confused. =3

I'm really digging the Yuna Gambler class outfit X3 I love the thingie in her hair and the colors of the outfit =D I just want a little thing like her's to wear in my hiar XDDD

Unread 04-03-2003, 02:32 PM   #2
Limeyaku
First-Mate

*nodnod* the gambler outfit is frikkn CUTE! yaaaaaaaaay for sakuradayu who agreed to be gambler yuna to my gambler rikku. and all praise the ULTRA stretchy leftover pink from lebranc! XD
Unread 04-03-2003, 02:42 PM   #3
ChibiRinoa
Dynamic Duo

i had a dream the other night that i made the Dark Gunner costume 0.o is this a sign? will this costume be next on the future costumes!? -big wide grin-
Unread 04-03-2003, 03:14 PM   #4
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

or inverted Blue Mage Yuna...
Unread 04-03-2003, 09:23 PM   #5
Kawaii Yuna
The joy and the laughter!

Yeah!! Phew another Yuna FFX-2 thread opened up! Thank God! lol

Yep Yuna Gambler class outfit is adorable! I'll probably work on that for next year. I'm still in the middle of creating Gunner Yuna's outfit. lol
Unread 04-04-2003, 11:05 AM   #6
Kawaii Yuna
The joy and the laughter!

I was wondering should I buy a belt and pouch that looks similar to Yuna's (which I've looked but to no avail) or make it myself (but have no clue on how to go about that )? Where would I get those silver circular shaped things (I donít know what to call them ) that she has on her belt with the turquoise beads? Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks so very much!

Hey Nessa! Love your Yuna FFX-2 costume so far! Good work!

Last edited by Kawaii Yuna : 04-04-2003 at 04:03 PM.
Unread 04-04-2003, 01:13 PM   #7
marsie
Busty MacHumps

I found my belt on ebay. Tha should be on it's way now. I paid about 3.99 for it. The pouch is fairly simple. I found one of those wallet's on a string and just took the strap off. Then I can use it to keep my money and id's etc when I go to cons.

I have only seen the gambler outfit on a video somewhere but I have not seen any really good pictures of it.

My Yuna is almost done....finally. I had to put my costumes on hold till the sewing machine got fixed. *stupid bobbin*

NessaYuna- I have been studying your pictures on the anijam photo shoot and I have some what of an idea of how you did it. I was going to use a cotton type fabric for that part. From the pieces that I have put together it is coming around. I thank you for the info that you gave in the other thread.

Now the yellow cord rope that is going around Yuna's middle, how is everyone attaching that? I am thinking about either hot gluing or whip stitching it on.

Beth G
Ohayocon Board of Directors

Senior Director of Operations
Unread 04-04-2003, 03:55 PM   #8
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

Oh jeeze, please don't study my pictures O_O;; I don't know whether to be flattered or freaked out O_O; My costume isn't done... cotton type fabric?? I'm confused O_O;
Unread 04-04-2003, 04:00 PM   #9
Limeyaku
First-Mate

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....2&thecat=50 0 <-- neat design, fan altered ^__^

marise, for the yellow 'cord' around yunas waist i think it would look perfect if you picked up a friendship bracelet book and a bunch of yellow embroidery floss.

if you look closely at the cgs, it actually is somewhat like afriendship bracelt-type woven thing...i know cuz i used to make things tht looked exactly the same...but in different colours. ^_^;
Unread 04-05-2003, 02:02 AM   #10
Limeyaku
First-Mate

http://ffx2.guide.free.fr/media_goodies_tiny_bee.htm <-- right at the top is the official inscription on the Tiny Bees. ^____^

it looks like incomplete calligraphy that makes no sense though. O_@

good luck everyone~! ^0^
Unread 04-05-2003, 12:58 PM   #11
yunaffx2
kipper the dog

can i get some hellp for doin gambler yuna i dont know what type of material to use
Unread 04-05-2003, 02:55 PM   #12
Limeyaku
First-Mate

first piece of advice, i would NOT recommend making gambler yuna without having lots of costuming/patterning experience. it's a bodysuit and those are NOT easy to make. especially with all those holes.

second, i wouldn't recommend trying it if you don't have experience with stretchy material. for yuna's gambler, you'd need a VERY stretchy material which is difficult to sew without experience.

referring back to the holes, i'd highly recommend that you find a high quality flesh coloured, super stretchy as well, dance tights or swimsuit material since there is a nearly obscene amount of skin showing where there shouldnt be. ^_^;

with that said, obviously, stretchy material. it needs to be a form-fitting bodysuit. you might be easier off if you bought one, dyed it and altered it.

either way it's a crazy insane costume to make and yes, i'll be taking my own advice when i make it with my cousin to go with my gambler rikku.

good luck!
Unread 04-05-2003, 06:28 PM   #13
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

You can't dye strechy fabric, the dye wont hold.
Unread 04-05-2003, 06:38 PM   #14
Adella
MalonxLink 4 EVAR11

Lycra is made out of mostly rubber (elastic) so it won't hold the dye. I would suggest using a cotton of some sort. ^_^; Cotton can be just as nice and can stretch also. Plus it's thick. the only thing is that you can't machine wash it because it'll get little fuzzies. YOu'll have to get it drycleaned or hand wash it. I'm very in love with cotton but make sure you wash it and shrink it before you sew and stuff.
Unread 04-05-2003, 09:09 PM   #15
AngieRikku
Disasteriffic!

Does anyone have an image of Gambler Yuna, or a website where I could find all the new images?!? THANKS!!!!!! ^_^
Closed Thread