Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 02-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
Khorrupt

A big group of genderswapped cosplayers?

I'm not reffering to crossplay here; sorry if this should have gone in the crossplay board still...?

Halloween is a huge thing for my cosplay group, so we decide on the theme really early, and this year we picked "Marvel vs. DC", because our group is fairly large, but now everyone can be happy with their character. The thing is...we're all girls.

Usually, we'd just crossplay, but because of this event at school during Halloween, wearing our costumes is a very, very big deal, and we just don't want to get mixed up in getting labeled as crossdressers. If we cut down the male versions enough that we could still be obvious females doing the male versions, there would be no point in doing them at all.

So we thought that we would just genderswap all of them. But is that really lame? It wouldn't be cut down in any way, shape, or form, other than the obvious changes regarding gender (i.e. no binding, long hair, no beards, makeup instead of masks [ that one's a school policy ]), so what do you guys think about this?
Khorrupt is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
Ilafatyu
That guy

I think it would be cool, personally. Genderswaps aren't uncommon, and for an entire group to do it is pretty awesome. If you want to bring home the point of genderswapping, maybe add heeled boots to costumes that would look good in it. I don't mean cutting off costumes at the thigh and having stripperSpiderman, you know? xD

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 75%
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 0%
Ilafatyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
Khorrupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
I think it would be cool, personally. Genderswaps aren't uncommon, and for an entire group to do it is pretty awesome. If you want to bring home the point of genderswapping, maybe add heeled boots to costumes that would look good in it. I don't mean cutting off costumes at the thigh and having stripperSpiderman, you know? xD
LOL, yeah, that's what I was saying initially is that it would still look basically just like the male version of the hero, but with long hair, and I don't even think that we would swap pants for skirts. But the heeled boots are a good idea; I didn't think of that!
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
emmisu
King of Toast

That'd be cool
I really like your idea of not making it more nude than it has to be. While I don't disrespect or have a problem with girls who "slut-up" a costume (please excuse my lack of a more respectful term) because it's their right to do so if they feel comfortable that way, but I think it can be good for other girls to see that you don't have to be in your underwear to kick butt and save the world.
That reasoning is actually why I decided to comment on this thread. Good on you!

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
Khorrupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmisu View Post
While I don't disrespect or have a problem with girls who "slut-up" a costume (please excuse my lack of a more respectful term) because it's their right to do so if they feel comfortable that way, but I think it can be good for other girls to see that you don't have to be in your underwear to kick butt and save the world.
Thanks XD