Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-21-2009, 01:47 AM   #46
lXuXsXt
Residential Pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvShinji! View Post
No offense, but why dont you take advantage of your large breasts that some girls would kill for and play off of them and go as large breasted characters like Urd, Matsumoto, Tsunade and the likes? Just a thought.
I don't know about the others, but I know I like a lot of the male characters more than the female characters.
lXuXsXt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-21-2009, 03:13 AM   #47
Kelley
Devil of Details

Quote:
Just a suggestion. I wasnt meaning to upset anyone.
No offence, dude, but it was kind of obvious and completely unnecessary. Juss' sayin'.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #48
IluvShinji!

Okay. Well I'll just drop out of this thread then since I dont have boobs and wouldn't know anything about trying to hide them
Akito Tenkawa (Martian Successor Nadeisco) [in conception]
IluvShinji! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #49
CelestialAura
~*~ Rawrrrr ~*~

Quote:
No offense, but why dont you take advantage of your large breasts that some girls would kill for and play off of them and go as large breasted characters like Urd, Matsumoto, Tsunade and the likes? Just a thought.
For one, some of those costumes are just asking for trouble. Secondly, not everyone wants "that" kind of attention. Third, there are girls that aren't over 16 yet that have D's or larger and their parents wouldn't appreciate them dressing in those costumes just to "take advantage" of what they have. Lastly, like OurLadyC said, sometimes costumes are about the challange and fun.

I've known a few girls that would dress up in those costumes. But they did it only once, and then quit, just because guys wouldn't leave them alone.
CelestialAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #50
dreamoflife02
are you lovers desu?

Binding really takes a lot of experimenting, and the same method won't work for everyone-- my friend swears by a waist cincher, her sister layers sport bras, and I use tape. (We're all around D cups.) I'm a 32D if anyone was looking to compare, and the flattest I've got was using the open-shirt tape binding method-- basically what you try to do is flatten your boobs to the side rather than straight back to your torso, it cuts back on the uniboob, it's easier to get flatter, and can even give the illusion of pecs if you do it right. Whatever you do, though, don't tape all the way around-- I made that mistake when I wore Lyle at Otakon this year, found I couldn't breathe after an hour in, and had to cut it down the middle. It's helpful to leave a few inches of chest in the front bare for comfort reasons.

Also, fyi, your nipples are tough-- it's the soft skin on the side of your boobs you've got to be careful about.

Otakon '12
Sheryl Nome | Macross Frontier
Aradia Megido [ fancy god tier ] | Homestuck
dreamoflife02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #51
B.B.Backup

Well one thing that might help....

Have you ever noticed that when you lay down, your boobs get a lot flatter? My friends and I are trying to figure out a way to bind when you're laying down, just to make sure it won't hurt us and/or look strange...... Do you think it wil work?
Unread 12-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #52
Nayara
Bonny-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B.Backup View Post

Have you ever noticed that when you lay down, your boobs get a lot flatter? My friends and I are trying to figure out a way to bind when you're laying down, just to make sure it won't hurt us and/or look strange...... Do you think it wil work?
Hm, never considered that, but it does sound logical. The only problem would be the wrapping, right? The moment you shift a bit upwards for the tape to go around your chest the boobs are back.

I'm a 75C, that should be about a 34B in US size if I converted that right. (Okay, not all that much compared to most of the D sizes here).

I use a kind of broad elastic band with a touch fastener that is normally used to flatten the stomach. Kind of like this one ---> http://i49.tinypic.com/1zqpiz8.jpg (though mine is not that broad)

The inner side is a rubber band, so there won't be any abrasions on the skin. The outer side is a kind of roughed up cloth. They're really cheep here (maybe 2-3 €, I bet they're available at Walmart too) but do a nice job of binding down in my opinion. You only need to be careful so your boobs won't get squished together. I usually wear a sportsbra underneath the thing and with some practice it won't be much of a problem anymore. You get the best result when you hold the start of the band to your side while a friend holds the other end and wraps it around you.

Downsides are that it can get very warm under that thing if you move too much because the material doesn't breathe. =___= That and the usual "breathing isn't all that important"-issue.

Still, it's way more comfortable than any other methods of binding I've tried so far. That's how flat I get: http://i46.tinypic.com/2crn15d.jpg
Nayara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #53
B.B.Backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayara View Post
Hm, never considered that, but it does sound logical. The only problem would be the wrapping, right? The moment you shift a bit upwards for the tape to go around your chest the boobs are back.

I use a kind of broad elastic band with a touch fastener that is normally used to flatten the stomach. Kind of like this one ---> http://i49.tinypic.com/1zqpiz8.jpg (though mine is not that broad)

The inner side is a rubber band, so there won't be any abrasions on the skin. The outer side is a kind of roughed up cloth. They're really cheep here (maybe 2-3 €, I bet they're available at Walmart too) but do a nice job of binding down in my opinion. You only need to be careful so your boobs won't get squished together. I usually wear a sportsbra underneath the thing and with some practice it won't be much of a problem anymore. You get the best result when you hold the start of the band to your side while a friend holds the other end and wraps it around you.
What are those called? I have an idea.......
Unread 12-26-2009, 09:21 PM   #54
Nayara
Bonny-chan

I unfortunately forgot the name of the company since I've had mine for ages, but this one here looks pretty much just like mine -> http://i45.tinypic.com/2u8uhyt.jpg (though mine is black >_< )

They're sometimes called "slim waist band" , "waist trimmer", "fitness belt" and what not. Google told me that Bremshey and this company -> http://i45.tinypic.com/2dcc237.jpg sell those things. Or maybe you'll find some by just cruising through some shops (thats how I found mine *coughs*).

I hope this helps a bit
Unread 12-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #55
Carnifex

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurLadyC View Post
Dude, maybe they don't want to do that for every single costume ?

Or maybe they just don't want to at all.

you really are high and mighty you know that, everytime i see a post from you, you are putting someone down for trying to suggest something, good for you (y)

there doesnt seem to be a right way to hide big boobs, sports bras, tape, corsets can all work

Last edited by Carnifex : 12-26-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Carnifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #56
Kelley
Devil of Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
you really are high and mighty you know that, everytime i see a post from you, you are putting someone down for trying to suggest something, good for you (y)

there doesnt seem to be a right way to hide big boobs, sports bras, tape, corsets can all work
I post on this board to help people, and there are a LOT of things concerning binding that people do that are really dangerous, health-wise. I'm sorry that I care. : /
Unread 12-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #57
Nayara
Bonny-chan

But I have to agree that it could've been said in a nicer way, no offence intended.
Unread 12-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #58
Kelley
Devil of Details

I was trying to be as nice and jocular as possible, instead of being critical and pointing out how inappropriate I felt the comment was since it seemed like the poster probably meant well.
Unread 12-27-2009, 11:48 PM   #59
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

I'm not on either side, but I find Kelley to have useful knowledge and advice around these forums, whether or not she seems to have attitude or anything around that area in her writing. Sometimes people have opinions to express in a way they probably don't want to come off as rude or mean. If she feels in a way that somethings inappropriate, she has a right to say so. I'm sure if something in the same category came along, some of you would too. I find advice in different way, whether it comes nice or not.

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps

Last edited by Chergnomebyl : 12-27-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 11:59 PM   #60
Maneki_Neko14
バナナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B.Backup View Post

I've heard of people doing that before, never heard the results, sorry, but it sounds logical enough...

well at S0ME point or another (probably this may)
I'm doing a Black Rock Shooter cosplay
and she has ttiinnnyy boobs! ;__; like an A cup
I'm a resonably sized C (D in some brands) cup

is it alright to cosplay her without binding? I cant really think of a way I C0ULD bind in her outfit.....
and also, do you think I'm small enough for open-shirted characters??
Planned: Legolas Greenleaf|Aragorn|Claude Faustus|JBF Boy|Shizuo Heiwajima

Finished|WIP|Not Started

plans will probably change C:
Current Fandom = Lord of the Rings

Stalk Me?
dA|FB|Cure|YT|Twitt.
Maneki_Neko14 is offline   Reply With Quote