Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Manga Chat

Unread 04-05-2003, 01:19 AM   #1
Velvy

Jackpot at Walden Books

Shaolin Sisters finally came out, and I've been waiting for it forever (but I didn't get it *shame on me*!). I got Happy Mania not knowing it was more or less a hentai..ish manga (it was wrapped in plastic wrap for gosh'sakes!). But I did see a lot of new manga: I.N.V.U., Rem Rem (or something like that), Princess Prince, Digi Charat, etc.

I've never heard of those titles before, well...Digi Charat I have. But I'm curious now, anyone know something about them?

Also for readers of Chobits + Kare Kano, did you like the anime better or the manga?

One last question: Is Angelic Layer any good?

Unread 04-06-2003, 04:58 PM   #2
Kataiya

Angelic Layer is cutesy...if you like that stuff its good. Its alright for me. Its one of those tournament kind...I dunno how to explain it. Its made for younger audiences of clamp tho.

Ive read 5 books of Chobits, but have only seen 4 eps of the anime, so I cant say which is better. The manga is prettier tho.... as for Kare Kano, the anime is more fast pace, but the manga you can read at leisure and dont have to franically hit the rewind button everytime people talk to fast. So, I dunno T.T
Kataiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2003, 05:21 PM   #3
Tenjou

Shaolin Sisters has been out for a little while. I got my copy in February or March. I already have Julin's costume almost finished ^^; I hope you like it! =D
Tenjou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2003, 10:50 PM   #4
cynicallywired

What Happy Mania's in plastic wrap? Anyway... Angelic Layer is really cute but then I didn't really like it.
cynicallywired is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2003, 11:59 PM   #5
Umi
Bass-inating

I just got I.N.V.U a while ago. o.O; It's scary how addicting it is. I'm waiting on the next volume but it doesn't come out till May >.<
Unread 04-07-2003, 09:35 AM   #6
KuroBara
dog of the military

I like the Angelic Layer manga, but love the anime. Seeing the battles animated makes a big difference, and Misaki is less of a flake in the anime. I love I.N.V.U., that and Paradise Kiss are my two favorite tokyopop titles. If you like shoujo, I reccomend those two titles.
Unread 04-10-2003, 08:05 PM   #7
Velvy

I'll be getting I.N.V.U. tomorrow, possibly Angelic Layer, but I reaally want Shaolin Sisters.

And I got the name wrong, it wasn't Rem Rem, it was Tokyo Mew Mew, and it had a bright pink cover.

And speaking of this new jackpot at Walden Books--Who's read Happy Mania??

Last edited by Velvy : 04-10-2003 at 08:25 PM.