Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-13-2007, 02:32 AM   #16
Kagami-chan
Kagami

I don't see why they shouldn't. I would say that Kingdom Hearts would be borderline since there's Disney characters in it. But I wouldn't think that if you went as a main character such as Riku, Sora, or Kairi, that you could get in. Technecally, those are Square Enix's characters, but Disneyland would know that they were from those games. But when I went to Disneyland, the majority were little kids who probably only watched Disney movies and the Disney channel. Kids that probably wouldn't play Kingdom Hearts.

But that's just my idea of it.

[Kagami-chan switched accounts to Buttercup-chan]
[Might be switching back]
Kagami-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-13-2007, 02:41 AM   #17
Nohirexi
The Demented Fate

Jeeze, that seems a little... "Eh" if you ask me. I`ve always wanted to cosplay at Disneyland, maybe as my Nobody O__o; Strange though, because I was just talking to a friend about doing this. @____<

I think they might let you in, depending on who you`re dressed as. If it`s someone directly from a Disney movie, who everyone knows is there daily, then yeah, you might get denied access, but if it`s someone from a video game, with a Disney connection, who knows.
Nohirexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 02:47 AM   #18
arcadiapandora
lessthanthree

Bummer, I wanted to wear my Alice in Wonderland costume at Disneyland ;_;

Next convention: Fanime2009 (damn you real life!)

Commissions: Currently CLOSED.
All commission slots are currently full through May. Check back after Memorial Day Weekend for openings at my website: Pandora's Commissions or visit my ad here on cosplay.com!
arcadiapandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #19
Yumeko
20 years sewing strong

It's not just Disneyland/Disney World. Pretty much all of your major theme parks discourage or out right don't allow cosplay in their parks with the exception of halloween.

However I know that they (Disney) are a bit lax on EGL/EGA because a cousin of mine who lives in Lakeland Fl. went to Disney world with five of her friends. Two girls were into the punk goth look and lifestyle were turned away and they were wearing their regular attire.

"Either you do or you don't. There is no try" Yoda
~~~~~*~~~~~
OniNeko.Net
Specializing in Costumes and Cosplay Commissions for all ages and sizes
My Work Blog
A running commentary of all my projects (Updated: constantly)
My Gallery
Photographs of all my work
Yumeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 11:13 AM   #20
Lisu-chan
Resident weirdo

Just to be on the safe side I will only go to Disney around Halloween time, so I will see Halloween there! (europe BTW) I doubt they know what Cosplay is, but last time I went was little after twin tower thing, and well there were guys with guns around the park... It kinda creeped me out, but they were only on the outside so one Space Mountain ride later it was all cool again!

I'll try to do a Halloween Sora then! XD

Last edited by Lisu-chan : 02-13-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Lisu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #21
ravenmist
I love lamp.

I'm not all too keen on cosplaying in a theme park if it's not Halloween. My sister and I dressed up as fairies for Sea World's Spooktacular, but that was it. I would think it wouldn't be allowed in any form to dress up like that to a Disney theme park, especially if you're not an employee. I wouldn't be happy about it, that's for sure. I know there have been a bunch of people cosplay inside Disney and you see pics all over c.com. I know if someone came into my park (not a child) in costumes I'd be giving them strange looks. I just don't like the whole cosplaying at a theme park when you A) Don't work there as a character (face or other) and B) it's not Halloween or an appropriate time of year to dress up (ie: Star Wars weekened). I just think there are certain times and places for cosplay and theme parks aren't one of them.

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon

Elizabeth - Bioshock Infinite, Oswin Oswald - Doctor Who, Twilight Sparkle - MLP: FIM, Arwen - LOTR
ravenmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 12:57 PM   #22
Zasshu
Rock. Robot. Rock.

the rule at disney world orlando is if you're over 12, and dressed up, you're SUPPOSED to be turned away. they wont turn away younger princesses or pirates and such cuz theres no chance of being mistaken as a face character. around halloween they're lax on it because of the halloween party they have where they encourace EVERYONE to dress up, not just kids....
Unread 02-13-2007, 02:17 PM   #23
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumeko View Post
It's not just Disneyland/Disney World. Pretty much all of your major theme parks discourage or out right don't allow cosplay in their parks with the exception of halloween.

However I know that they (Disney) are a bit lax on EGL/EGA because a cousin of mine who lives in Lakeland Fl. went to Disney world with five of her friends. Two girls were into the punk goth look and lifestyle were turned away and they were wearing their regular attire.
Yes, I remember hearing my sister say that people all gothed or pierced up generally get turned away. Makes me wonder how Roman Dirge (HEAVILY tattooed creator of Lenore) gets in all the time.
Devi 1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 02:46 PM   #24
Kagami-chan
Kagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi 1313 View Post
Yes, I remember hearing my sister say that people all gothed or pierced up generally get turned away. Makes me wonder how Roman Dirge (HEAVILY tattooed creator of Lenore) gets in all the time.
I don't think they'd turn around an idol of sorts.

[Kagami-chan switched accounts to Buttercup-chan]
[Might be switching back]
Kagami-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 07:43 PM   #25
Phantom Pirate
Klokateer

Cosplaying Disney at Disney (only at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party) is usually allowed, as long as your costume isn't quite as good as theirs. I've seen less-than-spectacular Tinkerbells, Minnies, etc, and no one said a word to them other than "Awww..."

Now, If you've worked there in the past/know lots of people who work there, you might get away with a really good Disney costume at Halloween, I've heard of that happening too. But semi-normal, non-Disney things during regular park hours, they slide. Ed Elric, Any plain-clothed characters, kimonos, etc...people might think you're strange, but certainly no recognizable Disney character.

...and of course they let toddlers and younger kids in wearing costumes...I'm not about to run up to a 4 year old with an autograph book XD

Last edited by Phantom Pirate : 03-01-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Phantom Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 08:34 PM   #26
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

BAKA YARO! Damnit I wanntttedd to go to Disney in Cosplay....Dammnit! ディズニーなぜか。なぜ! 私は知らない粗悪品そんなに憎む!

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 08:38 PM   #27
jedimeg16

It is true that Disney discourages all guests other than children in the more "costumey" versions of the characters (with images of the character on the costume itself).

The exceptions are Halloween for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Star Wars Weekends (the last day of my first internship was the first day of SWW 2004 and my parents shipped my full Jedi costume down to me).
jedimeg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 08:59 PM   #28
kkoganei1328
chachamaru!!

disneyland does not allow cosplaying or even costumes to be worn by anyone over the age of like 10. (i think even that's pushing it a bit). no, you cannot cosplay at disneyland on halloween. i was there for the california adventure halloween special. you can ONLY cosplay/ be in costume at that special ticketed event. i saw guests try to get into disneyland thinking they could dress up just cuz its halloween night, and they were flat out turned down. (and that's just at the bag check-out gate!!) they thought everyone was allowed to do so, but all the guests in costumes were going to the california adventure special event. if u wanted to go and dress up at disneyland, they will turn u down.

but if u want to do cosplay, i highly recommend the halloween event at california adventure. it was a lot of fun getting all that candy!!! haha. (bf and i had like 10-20lbs worth !!! )
kkoganei1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 09:01 PM   #29
~daisysakura~
Your Obsessed Fan

Aww, when I saw this thread I suddenly got the earge to do like a Kairi cosplay at Disneyland. XD Aw well... I wonder if Wonderland would allow you to do something like that... *has a craving for funnel cake with strawberry sauce and vanilla icecream now XD*

My Cosplay Log: (kind of abandoned right now... Maybe I'll do something with it at some point...)
Ayame: Frillz That Killz!
~daisysakura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #30
Foos
Monster Hunter Addict!

Wow. It seems Disneyland and Disney World operate differently on the costume policy. Glad Florida is insane enough to have theme parks to accomodate cosplayer weirdness.
Foos is offline   Reply With Quote