Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-13-2007, 11:01 PM   #31
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

As far as I know for Disneyworld Florida...
If it can pass for normal clothing you're a-ok ^______^

Leon went over just fine :3 Heck, Goofy and Minnie signed my Kingdom Hearts manga XD

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=623343
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=623340
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=623352

~Ari-chan

Unread 02-14-2007, 06:50 PM   #32
s0ra_xx
Wait. This isn't my house

Argh. I'm going to Disney World next year and I was planning on taking my costume. Oh well. I don't want to take that risk and get kicked out. D:
s0ra_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 12:05 AM   #33
Nohirexi
The Demented Fate

I`ll probably do a small, somewhat subtle cosplay when I go back, but who knows. >>; I don`t feel like being kicked out of Disneyland. <<;

SakuraCon 2011
Yukina, Yuyu Hakusho
Mai, Avatar: The Last Airbender
Nohirexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 12:55 AM   #34
Cosplayangel09
Haruno Sakura FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Pirate View Post

...and of course they let toddlers and younger kids in wearing costumes...I'm not about to run up to a 4 year old with an autograph book XD
ROFL^_^
i can picture an adult running up to some poor tired 4 yr old in a cinderella costume and asking for an autograph!^_^oh dear!
"If he rips my arms off, I'll kick him to death! If he rips my legs off, I'll bite him to death! If he rips my head off, I'll stare him to death! And if he gouges out my eyes, I'll curse him from beyond the grave! Even if I'm torn to shreds, I'm taking Sasuke back from Orochimaru!" -Naruto(Shippuuden)[/center]
Cosplayangel09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 02:10 AM   #35
ArchFaith
Daughter of Alderaan

For people who say they've cosplayed Final Fantasy, Fullmetal Alchemist, kimonos, and others, I would say they let you into Disneyland/Disney World just because your costumes were not recognizable Disney outfits. I mean, Selphie from FFVIII or even Winry from FMA would look relatively normal to someone unfamiliar with anime...
Conventions Attended | Shoujocon 2002 | Big Apple Anime Fest 2003 | Anime Next 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013 | I-Con 2005 | Katsucon 2006, 2007 | Otakon 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 | Star Wars Celebration 2007 | New York Anime Fest 2007, 2008 | Wizard World Philadelphia 2008 | New York Comic Con 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 | PAX East 2010, 2011, 2012 | SpringFest 2012 | Castle Point Anime Con 2012 | PAX Prime 2012
This year: AnimeNext 2013 - Otakon 2013 - NYCC 2013
ArchFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 02:17 AM   #36
Queen Anime 99
Call me Queenie. :D

You could probably get away with Kairi because all her outfits are pretty casual. Especially her outfit in KH1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~daisysakura~ View Post
Aww, when I saw this thread I suddenly got the earge to do like a Kairi cosplay at Disneyland. XD Aw well... I wonder if Wonderland would allow you to do something like that... *has a craving for funnel cake with strawberry sauce and vanilla icecream now XD*
Queen Anime 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 12:14 AM   #37
Nohirexi
The Demented Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosplayangel09 View Post
ROFL^_^
i can picture an adult running up to some poor tired 4 yr old in a cinderella costume and asking for an autograph!^_^oh dear!
That`d be so adorable, but so traumatizing. Imagine the poor little kid being chased around by adults x___x;;

SakuraCon 2011
Yukina, Yuyu Hakusho
Mai, Avatar: The Last Airbender
Nohirexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 01:11 AM   #38
tfcreate
Behind the lens since 68

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would you want to cosplay at a theme park? Besides photo ops, I don't see the point. I'm a little confused.
TFC

Rules for life: Rule #7
Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you are.
Anime Midwest Anime Chicago Chicago Comicon
Anime Iowa
tfcreate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 03:21 AM   #39
Lisu-chan
Resident weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfcreate View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but why would you want to cosplay at a theme park? Besides photo ops, I don't see the point. I'm a little confused.
TFC
For i.e. Kingdom Hearts, Alice in Wonderland it would be the ONLY perfect place to take photo's! And secretly we only want to go to Disney, and if it's in Cosplay, the better! XD
Lisu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 04:29 AM   #40
mlarad
~ Mlarad ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfcreate View Post
TFC

when you like for example kingdom hearts were in the story there are disney characters like mickey, donald, goofy, alice, peter pan and many many others. disneyland makes a perfect place for you to take pictures with this characters and also they have like the backgrounds, places like the ship from peter pan or the disney castle where you can get really nice shots there in costume.

mlarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 06:52 AM   #41
tfcreate
Behind the lens since 68

Sounds too much like work......
TFC

Rules for life: Rule #7
Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you are.
Anime Midwest Anime Chicago Chicago Comicon
Anime Iowa
tfcreate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #42
Serria
tea-drinker

This isn't exactly cosplay, but when I went to Disney World in December, there were an insane amount of little girls dressed like various Disney princesses. And they were adorable. Though actually I think the costumes were made by Disney and they sold them right in the park...

Costume or no, I don't think Disney would care if your costume is more "realistic". Like something that normal people might wear.
Serria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #43
Scruffy Rebel
Nerfherder

With three family members that have worked/are working at Disneyland, and having gone since I was a year old...TRUST ME, costumes ARE NOT allowed at Disneyland.

Now, that being said...it's not all that straightforward.

Children under a certain age are allowed to wear Disney costumes whenever they want because they are kids. If an adult tried to come in as Belle or something, they would not be allowed to enter the park. As others have already said, this is because Disney is not going to deal with the possible lawsuits and legal issues involved in case a guest mistakes you for a cast member and something goes wrong.

An adult is NEVER allowed to wear a Disney related costume inside the park, any time of the year. The ONLY time you can is during Mickey's Halloween Treat and that is only in California Adventure, NOT Disneyland Park itself. Kids AND adults are allowed to get candy, not just kids. Because I totally got oodles of candy from last year XD If you heard about someone that made it into Disneyland Park in a Disney costume, or were there when it happened...then that person was pretty damned lucky and must have gotten past a really lazy cast member or two. Disney Costumes are only allowed in California Adventure only during the Halloween Treat business.

Even though some people think "hey, I've cosplayed in Disneyland before", it's probably because to the average person most "costumes" just look like normal clothing or like you're some weird goth or theatre kid. Ed Elric is just some blonde kid in black pants and a red coat...Rinoa is just a girl with a blue robe and a jean skirt...ya know? We might take it to be obvious cosplays but for most people they're not at all. You could come in as something as loud as Naruto and you'd only get stares from people probably wondering why you were wearing something so warm in Southern California XD

So it really depends on how you classify "costume". Disney costumes are not allowed inside the Disney park whatsoever unless you're a cast member. Star Wars too for that matter now that they have the Jedi Academy going on. Anime costume are allowed only because they don't look like costumers per say...but I'd be careful on trying to see how far you could push it. Disney World has had their Star Wars Weekend for a couple of years now and people are allowed to come in SW gear for that to get pics and stuff. Disney in California hasn't started that yet, but when they do hopefully the same thing will be allowed.

During AX I think they were just more lenient because they knew there was this crazy convention gong on, and has been going on, for awhile.

If you tried to come in as Peter Pan or Alice in Wonderland to get KH pics...you will be turned away...and if you tried to change into that costume inside the park just to be sneaky, it'd only be a matter of time before you got hauled away and tortured by Mickey under a ToonTown house where they keep all the character heads...or something like that

Downtown Disney is a different issue...I'm not sure if they would allow you to wear what you want there since it's not inside the park.

~Scruffy

K.Y.O. Cosplay Member

Last edited by Scruffy Rebel : 02-17-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Scruffy Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #44
creative_cat

Yeah, I've heard about the rule that dressing up as a disney character is okay if you're 12 and under.

Otherwise, I've seen people one time walking to Space Mountain wearing the red and black Naruto outfits (bad ninjas...I really shoudl start watching Naruto now that the fillers are done with)

If silence was golden, then mimes would be the richest people in the world!
creative_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #45
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative_cat View Post
Yeah, I've heard about the rule that dressing up as a disney character is okay if you're 12 and under.

Otherwise, I've seen people one time walking to Space Mountain wearing the red and black Naruto outfits (bad ninjas...I really shoudl start watching Naruto now that the fillers are done with)

You mean the Akatsuki? Strange, because those trench coats look to costumy.

My mom doesn't let me do it on a regular basis anyways, I have to get past her if I want to cosplay in public. Only if I can prove to her and convince her if that is okay.

She just doesn't want me to be embarassed even though I'm not.