Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #46
Sasutard
Roxas, Riku, Axel, Demyx~

I run around in lolita all the time and I'm going to Disney World in April o_o Do you think they'll mind a poofy sailor-like white dress, among other accessories to go with? O_o; I sure hope not. Someone turning me down at the gates would not go well with me D<

Or does this only apply to DISNEY related costumes? Lolitas are okay? >_<?
>> Tifa Lockheart//ACVII
>> Undecided

Roxas > Sora

Last edited by Sasutard : 02-19-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Sasutard is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #47
Lil
Esquire

I've never had a problem dressing up pirate or Midevil in disney world (florida one).

I agree, I think the only thing they could get you for is if you are 'too good' and are mistaken for a paid character cast member. Ex: If you did an awsome Ariel. But if you are a Sailor Moon.... I doubt they would care. But this is just opinion, call them up and ask!

Last edited by Lil : 02-19-2007 at 05:38 PM. Reason: noting florida location
Lil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2007, 09:08 AM   #48
Suzaku7NoMiko

For anyone who has attended Star Wars Weekends in MGM, how are they with the costuming over there... do they allow the random jedi/sith folk to cosplay for the weekend?

Visit me (AzureDragon) at:
www.lijedicom / www.newyorkjedi.com
Suzaku7NoMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2007, 09:11 AM   #49
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

I wonder if you could apply for a job there, saying "Hey I created this Cos that you seem to like so much, what if I was one of your mascots instead?" Dude, getting a job to Cosplay all day, that's my DREAM JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2007, 09:20 AM   #50
Suzaku7NoMiko

I used to be a costumed character for Disney Cruise Line.

It is awesomely fun, but also can be hard work (I did anywhere from 5 to 10 meet and greets a day, childrens programs, and also performed in the mainstage shows in the evening). I had a week's worth of character training before I donned the ears (you know who's ears, i dont need to mention!)

Unread 02-20-2007, 10:03 AM   #51
Sana-chan
I know, right?

You're not allowed to wear costumes at Disneyland. The only acception to this rule is during Mickey's Halloween Treat over at Disney's California Adventure. Other then that, you have to be under 10-years-old (I think it was?) to be able to wear costumes any other time.

Of course little things, like say... a Prince of Tennis uniform, or a Naruto headband, you can always get away with. ^_~
Sana-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2007, 03:59 PM   #52
Meganekko
has pinguin head panties

so..does this mean Inuyasha cant go to Universal Studios, or Wild Adventures (im in florida, but the park is in georgia)? I mean I could understand universal studios, but wild adventures Is like the cheapest theme park I have ever been too, but its fun

A: what is purple and dangerous...
B:...uh...i dun know...
A: a grape with a machine gun...
B:...your an idiot you know that...
A:

Last edited by Meganekko : 02-20-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Meganekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #53
Gatack
Henshin!

Ok I got something here, we did a KH group in D-land back in December 06 the thing is we went for OG costume designs. Most of us in wigs and such. And the Xaldin we had did an awesome costume. And we got into the park without any hinderence. Not sure if it counts, but it was damn fun!

Group Pic!- http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4307/dlkhg01mn9.jpg

Summer Socal Picnic~Check!
Ani-Magic~Check!
ALA~Check!
Spring Socal Picnic~Check!
Fanime~Check!
Anime-expo~

The Shadow Deviant

Last edited by Gatack : 02-20-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Gatack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2007, 05:09 PM   #54
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

I've worked as a mascot before..Pink Panther, Donald Duck, and some other thing I can't remember.

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #55
Zanny-chan
I'm confused.. no wait..

I went to Disney world during Thanksgiving this year as Sora the last day we were there and my little sis was partly Naruto. We had no problems. We even had the guy dressed as the Monkey King tell us nice costumes when we took a pic with him. And about 2 years ago we went the week before Christmas and I wore Itachi's coat the whole time... no problems then too. I plan on doing Sora again at the end of June. As for Universal I've just worn Sora's jacket cuz it was too hot last time I went there. There are some pics of me and my sis being dorks in Disney world...
Unread 02-20-2007, 11:32 PM   #56
NetBelleAnie
Lazy Ass

There IS a way to do this, however you must have a costume that is not insanely obvious or unpackable. Dont attempt it with a costume that has an insanely recognizeable and unnatural hairstyle. If the costume can pass for normal clothing, or the wig is relatively narutal looking *Roxas, Sora, Marluxia could pass. Ansem, Xemnas, Axel probably could not*

First: someone needs a bag. A big bag to stuff all the outfits/wigs in. Security will have you open your bags, will shine a flashlight and poke around to make sure you're not the next Osama bin Laden, and then off you go into Disneyland.
Second: Head off to a bathroom, or a relatively uncrowded area of the park (around the Big Thunder Ranch or back of the Country Bear Cafe is a good area, in front in Pirates or the Carosel is not) and change your clothes, put your wig on, and regroup with your buddies if you are in a group.
Third: go have fun, but do NOT draw too much attention. Having fun taking pictures is normal, but try not to piss off other guests or annoy the cast members. While it might be fun for Xigbar to predent to shoot the cast members or Sora to threaten to shove a keyblade up your ass, you can get kicked out VERY quickly, and get the rest of your group caught.

If your costume seems to pass msot of the day with few odd looks, you can exit the park easily without any problems, but if you wear a more extensive costume, change back before leaving so if you intend to repeat the process, the front workers will let you back in.

I've known some people to do this successfully *a Xigbar and Marluxia went, and a Sora/Riku/Hayner went* so it CAN be done,, however at the same time another friend, a final form Xemnas was required to remove his coat.

Either way, good luck and have fun and remember kids, DON'T GET CAUGHT AND SCREW IT UP FOR THE REST OF US!
NetBelleAnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2007, 05:08 AM   #57
aki0shinobi

i know what is going on...it's sooo obvious!!!those people from disneyland are jelous!!!imagine this: there are standing mickey mouse and cloud,of course you will run to cloud!!
aki0shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2007, 11:15 PM   #58
tfcreate
Behind the lens since 68

I have a novel suggestion.... try it. Try to cosplay there. If you aren't thrown out or arrested, then it works. But this is a bad place to seek validation to break someone else's rules.
TFC

Rules for life: Rule #7
Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you are.
Anime Midwest Anime Chicago Chicago Comicon
Anime Iowa
tfcreate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #59
jedimeg16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzaku7NoMiko View Post
For anyone who has attended Star Wars Weekends in MGM, how are they with the costuming over there... do they allow the random jedi/sith folk to cosplay for the weekend?
Yes they do!

The last day of my first internship at WDW (the day I was flying home) was the first day of Star Wars Weekends 2004. My parents shipped down my entire Jedi Costume (lightsaber included) and I had no problem walking in or walking around. In fact several Cast Members mentioned that I needed to go get a picture with Jedi Mickey (which I did). It was a ton of fun, but very very hot after a while (it was May 14th).
jedimeg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2007, 11:48 AM   #60
Suzaku7NoMiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimeg16 View Post
Yes they do!

The last day of my first internship at WDW (the day I was flying home) was the first day of Star Wars Weekends 2004. My parents shipped down my entire Jedi Costume (lightsaber included) and I had no problem walking in or walking around. In fact several Cast Members mentioned that I needed to go get a picture with Jedi Mickey (which I did). It was a ton of fun, but very very hot after a while (it was May 14th).

Awesome. Thanks! I know there are only specific events where costumes are welcome, I just wanted to be sure they were definitely allowing the non-
specific SW cosplayers in for the weekend