Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-22-2007, 02:15 PM   #61
Capt_Lucifer
Night Valian

Im going to Disney World (not Disney Land... as I can see from reading this, the two parks seem to have different rules when it comes to cosplaying) the end of August this year. I'm going to bring my Organization XIII coat with me into the park in a bag and whenever I feel the need to be a crazy cosplayer, I'm going to put it on with the hood up (my parents already hate my cosplaying and wearing a wig at Disney would just get me shot haha) and if I run into trouble or something I'll just take it off and put it back into my bag.

lmao, I already have a plan in my head of what to do when i see a Mickey chast member *evil look* mwahahaha! xD

Last edited by Capt_Lucifer : 02-22-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Capt_Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-22-2007, 07:38 PM   #62
Scruffy Rebel
Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volnixshin View Post
I wonder if you could apply for a job there, saying "Hey I created this Cos that you seem to like so much, what if I was one of your mascots instead?" Dude, getting a job to Cosplay all day, that's my DREAM JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My friend actually did that. He made a great Jack Sparrow, we worked forever researching the outfit and he was always making it better. He kept telling me how he wanted to be Jack at Disneyland (this was before they decided to have Jack there) and how he planned to wear the outfit there and be like "hey, hire me!"....I haven't seen him in a year but I found out he works as Jack there now and I saw him Monday, it was fantastic. It can be done!

~Scruffy

K.Y.O. Cosplay Member
Scruffy Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 09:14 PM   #63
Phantom Pirate
Klokateer

Oh man, I hope to get a job at Disneyland some day as Ariel or Belle...not just for the cosplay aspect, but I'm a hardcore Disney fan and I love making kids smile with my cartoon costumes
Unread 03-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #64
Suzaku7NoMiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Pirate View Post
Oh man, I hope to get a job at Disneyland some day as Ariel or Belle...not just for the cosplay aspect, but I'm a hardcore Disney fan and I love making kids smile with my cartoon costumes
If youre really interested be sure to check the website at disneycareers.com for audition dates and locations....they hold character auditions every so often.

I worked for Disney Cruise Line a while back. I auditioned here in NY and was offered a position that day, and had a weekend to think it over and sign an 8 month contract with the ship. :-) Good times were had.

Visit me (AzureDragon) at:
www.lijedicom / www.newyorkjedi.com
Suzaku7NoMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2007, 01:49 AM   #65
VampireKitten
Teh VK

To add a little bit of my know how to this soon to be dead thread:

Costumes are a no no at D-Land, anything that resembles a costume will be refused enterance (except for children) and I'm starting to hear that they are giving Lolitas a difficult time.

To add to the ever growing list they do not allow: Capes or Cloaks, Skirts on Men (I believe), Tails (I was asked to remove mine, but put it back on later), Fishnet on Men, and a few other things that just shouldn't be allowed in the park period. You will be asked to remove any and all of these things and place them in your car. I frequent D-land for Bats Day in the Fun Park every year, you just expect to see some of those things. (For those who don't know it's Goth day at Disneyland).

'Like' me on Facebook. Follow @VampireKitten on Twitter.
501st Legion SL-1613
VampireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2007, 02:25 AM   #66
Queen Anime 99
Call me Queenie. :D

Oh my god! I would LOVE to do Heero Yuy at Disney Land (minus the gun, of course). ^_^ AND it's normal looking. Awesome.
Queen Anime 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2007, 08:24 PM   #67
Phantom Pirate
Klokateer

Disney tries to keep very hard to keep their happy, family-friendly image, and I think it's rude for people to show up gothed out. Nothing wrong with cosplay, but I had a good laugh when a guy in front of us one time got denied entry to the park because he was wearing all black, had a GIANT black and red mowhawk, a facefull of piercings, and black lipstick.

Last edited by Phantom Pirate : 02-24-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Phantom Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2007, 08:30 PM   #68
VampireKitten
Teh VK

Quote:
Disney tries to keep very hard to keep their happy, family-friendly image, and I think it's rude for people to show up gothed out. Nothing wrong with cosplay, but I seriously lold when a guy in front of us one time got DE-NIED because he was wearing all black, had a GIANT black and red mowhawk, a facefull of piercings, and black lipstick.
Keep in mind... Goths are people too! Lolitas, Cosplayers, and so on are JUST LIKE GOTHS at times. All have different styles and whatnot. Goth day has been at Disneyland for 10 years now (and it's one of the greatest days to go, the cast members have more fun as well because it's laid back, relaxed and Goths are some of the most friendly people I have eve met).

http://www.batsday.net

I am technically goth, so when I go to Disneyland it's in black cloths.

501st Legion SL-1613
Unread 03-03-2007, 08:49 PM   #69
Miss_Kaoru
Cosplay=headache

I kind of figured but I think they actually had a small con there a couple of years ago, I saw a picture of a cosplayer dressed as wakaba standing in the small world part of the park with a bunch of other cosplayers walking behind her.
Unread 03-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #70
VampireKitten
Teh VK

Usually if it looks like normal clothing they accept it.. but anything that looks like a costume or something like a Disney Character on adults is forbidden.

501st Legion SL-1613
Unread 03-04-2007, 12:14 AM   #71
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
Disney tries to keep very hard to keep their happy, family-friendly image, and I think it's rude for people to show up gothed out. Nothing wrong with cosplay, but I seriously lold when a guy in front of us one time got DE-NIED because he was wearing all black, had a GIANT black and red mowhawk, a facefull of piercings, and black lipstick.
I had no problem getting in with my semi-goth attire. I wore black jeans and combat boots, black anime- or Wicca-themed T-shirts, a black mesh hoodie and my ball cap with Hello Kitty in a devil costume on it. I also wore my pentacle in plain view. The hoodie and ball cap were more to protect my skin from the sun, but it did raise a couple of eyebrows. Maybe I just have that air about me that says "I'm not here to cause trouble." (Shrugs.)

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2007, 12:24 AM   #72
xXKujaXx
Learn Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireKitten View Post
To add a little bit of my know how to this soon to be dead thread:

Costumes are a no no at D-Land, anything that resembles a costume will be refused enterance (except for children) and I'm starting to hear that they are giving Lolitas a difficult time.

To add to the ever growing list they do not allow: Capes or Cloaks, Skirts on Men (I believe), Tails (I was asked to remove mine, but put it back on later), Fishnet on Men, and a few other things that just shouldn't be allowed in the park period. You will be asked to remove any and all of these things and place them in your car. I frequent D-land for Bats Day in the Fun Park every year, you just expect to see some of those things. (For those who don't know it's Goth day at Disneyland).
Pshhh, Screw that XD If I would wear a skirt and fishnets any other day I should allowed to wear it in disneyland XD Haha There should be a big crossplay group at Disney XD
Working On:
Kankuro - Naruto: Shippuden
Pyramid Head - Silent Hill: The Movie
xXKujaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2007, 01:49 AM   #73
SecretGeisha
bets he showers naked!

no tails? really? i was just at wdw mon-wed and saw a group of asian girls all dressed up like minnie and mickey with ears, face paint, tails, etc. o0

-wags fingers- i cosplay at disney world all the bloody time. but, its usually toned down stuff. i would NOT walk into the parks in full "so and so" garb, unless they look like normal clothes. for my 18th birthday in spring break, my kh group is going to wdw with kh wigs on and "normal clothes" that we think they might possibly wear at a theme park. why? because a picture of axel going down splash mountain screaming his head off is too much to pass up. people walk into the parks all the time with crazy colored hair/outfits.

disneyland i dont know so much about. i didnt like dl at all when i went last summer, but i know you can get away with crazy hair at wdw. as long as you arent a cm they cant say anything, and if anyone mistakes you for being "sora" just politely say "no, im not. but he's pretty cool, huh?" youd be surprised at how many seven year old friends you can make by just saying that. if i can get away with prancing about in riku colored hair and the most ive had asked to me was "dying accident?" i think im cool. :3

i actually adore disney to death, so i try and stick to the rules as much as possible. im going for a job there and should start the first of june, so i wouldnt do anything that could possibly screw me over. i think if one were to wear a wig, an outfit based off a certain character, while respecting the parks/other guests and having fun themselves, it should be no problem. youre paying to get through the doors just like everyone else, who cares if your hair looks different.

but honestly, i think the most they could do was ask you to take the wig off if it actually LOOKS like a wig. i dont see why they could, but its a possibility.
+ + +
the list: tinkerbell; kh2 riku; orig.halloweentown riku; count d; sumomo; inuyasha; human inuyasha; riku pjs; chrno; romanhikou aya

Last edited by SecretGeisha : 03-04-2007 at 02:17 AM.
SecretGeisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #74
Spencer Sisters
The One and Only

This is odd. I'll have to ask and see if this is really true. I was planning to go Namine with my sister as Kairi in July, but at hearing this I'm a bit saddened. But since I know most of the staff, I guess I could get away with it... XP

But I'll ask and see for sure. Though I could understand dressing up as a Disney character (especially in a full body costume).
Spencer Sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2007, 10:11 AM   #75
Miss_Kaoru
Cosplay=headache

heh heh carry a big beach bag with your costume in it, and put it on in one of the bathrooms. See what you can get away with because I figure if the people around the park think you got through the gate with what you now have on they won't bother you. j/k but im sure someone has done it!