Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Manga Chat

Unread 04-06-2003, 07:26 PM   #1
Ina
har har har

Mars

are there any other fans besides me? i just read vol.5 today, the ONLY volume of MARS that i've read so far and i'm in love with it already ^_^ i'm usually not into shoujo types of mangas, but this caught my eye, besides, rei is a major bishie XD

what do you think of this manga?!
Ina is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2003, 07:54 PM   #2
Lyn
ginga bishonen

I only got to read a little bit of Mars from when it used to be in the Smile magazine (before the magazine discontinued) so I think thats like volume 1 and maybe part of volume 2 or maybe even up to 3? No clue. ^^; But regardless I really liked it and wish I could read more of it some day but I have like too much manga taking up space in my room as it is, lol. The storyline is really sweet and I think Kira is an awesome main character because I can relate to her, well except for the whole fact that she's really good at art and I can't draw at all, but I mean in like the way that she's all really shy and rather alone at the begining and Rei gradually gets her to be more outgoing and such. Kinda what happened to me with some of my friends though I'm still really on the shy side. ^^;

My friend Sio loves the manga to death along with Paradise Kiss. Both titles I orginally told her about but I haven't gotten to read any of either in such a long time. x_x;
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2003, 07:56 PM   #3
Ina
har har har

the storyline gets much better lyn!!! i won't spoil some major events which were sooo sad ;_;

oOOo.. paradise kiss is rather good too, i love the art and clothings! ^_^
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:30 PM   #4
Minako Kou
Girls #3 - Kyoko Kakei

I LOVE MARS! MARS, is my favorite manga along with Peach Girl and Chobits. I didn't like Paradise Kiss all too much. But, I've read the MARS volumes 1-9 (which is all the ones we have so far) I can't wait until May to get volume 10. Hehe. It almost made me cry.

The only THING that DID make me cry a lot was 'Peach Girl' so I recommend that manga to a lot of people.

*glomps Toji, Kiley, and Rei* WAHHA I own them *takes her bishies with her*
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:36 PM   #5
Ina
har har har

what?! i own REI!!! lol

i know!!! MARS almost made me cry too, i only had teary eyes ^^
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:52 PM   #6
Ymecy
here and there >.>

I love Mars too!!!!! hehe I first read it at Barnes & Noble.
I want it sooooo much ^_^

hehe i love Peach Girl too i have vol. 1-8
Ymecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2003, 09:21 PM   #7
Minako Kou
Girls #3 - Kyoko Kakei

Nice to know some more fans. ^_^

I have Peach Girl 1-10...or technically 1-9 and 1 of the "change of heart" they should have just kept' it 'Peach Girl' like the original not "Peach Girl: Change of Heart" bleeeh arcs are evil.
Unread 04-06-2003, 09:42 PM   #8
Ukayoru no Chou
Visually Oriented Culture

If I wasn't lazy this : I LOOOOVE MARS : would be bold as well.

Anyways, MARS rocks beyond anything, and for me, even tho I haven't read much peach girl, I think I like it more than Peach Girl, even tho I like that as well o_o!
So yes, I am a fan, a big fan, and I want to drag them all and put them in my bishie drawer ^-^; but shhhh
Ukayoru no Chou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2003, 12:10 AM   #9
aimee
it's a sparkly!

Mars is like just about my favorite comic I've _EVER_ read. I like it THAT MUCH.

every issue makes me cry. it's been a long time since I've enjoyed a comic this much.
aimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2003, 12:46 AM   #10
jen_kat
I feel...

Mars sits as one of my absolute favorites of all my manga. I've collected all 15 volumes of it in Japanese plus the side story, Horse with No Name. It's the best. It's very deep, and it really makes you think.

Though the translations by TokyoPop are good, they don't do the Japanese version justice. Some of the meanings are lost...
jen_kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2003, 03:24 AM   #11
Velvy

Didn't like it, it's too...drama-filled, but I guess they need that to keep the "cliff hangers" rolling.
Unread 04-07-2003, 11:14 AM   #12
baku_neko
go go devil bats!

I read MARS!! It's great! I'm almost done with 5, and I gonna buy 6 this week. At first I thought it was a little soap-opera like, but the storyline does pick up and it's gets much better! I highly recomend this manga!!!

ANIMEFEST 2009
================
Lambo (15 YR. OLD) - Reborn! - 100%
Kira Yamato - Mobile Suit Gundam SEED - 0%
Setsuna F. Seiei - Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - 0%
Cody Hackins - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - 0%

member of *SNAP* cosplay
baku_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2003, 03:58 PM   #13
Lyn
ginga bishonen

Quote:
Originally posted by Ina
the storyline gets much better lyn!!! i won't spoil some major events which were sooo sad ;_;

oOOo.. paradise kiss is rather good too, i love the art and clothings! ^_^
Aw! Now I want to read more of Mars! But I have no idea when I'll get the chance. ^^; There's so much manga I want to read now. x_x

I love Paradise Kiss for all of its originality. Its just so different from any manga I've read before.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2003, 03:07 AM   #14
Something Lulu
ROCK FACTS

There is a lot of drama in Mars, but the characters are so complex and deep that they carry the story along well - drama and all. Mars and Peach Girl both make me teary-eyed, and Paradise Kiss just cracks me up. I've got 1-9 of Mars, same for PG, and I'm upset that I'll have to wait for ParaKiss 5 to come out in Japan before I can even think about having it here. >_< I'd have to say that PG and ParaKiss are tied for favorite because they include humor and a gorgeous, original style of artwork. Mars is a great story, but it's really sad, and I usually like humor to go alongside drama. The artwork is pretty, but somewhat simplistic when compared to the other two. I think it complements the story, though.

Unfortunately I've forbidden myself from buying any more manga until after ABoston. I usually try to order new volumes for myself as soon as they come into the B&N warehouse.
Something Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2003, 11:43 AM   #15
aimee
it's a sparkly!

maaan, I want that side story!!
aimee is offline   Reply With Quote