Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 08-18-2002, 04:10 PM   #1
Tenjou

Unhappy yeah...

I'm not going to a con.. ever. I saw a Jiji plushie on ebay for $20 (half the price of what it usually is) and asked my dad if I could use his ebay id to bid on it. Well, he didn't know I wanted to go to shoujocon, and when I told him why I wanted Jiji (it was for my Kiki costume), he said that I "had to grow up" and it wasn't a statement [I think] more like an order. He used many expletives when I started to cry a little, then he yelled at me more. So, I don't want to go through the trouble. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that helped me with my ideas for costumes, I really appriciate your time with giving me tips and help if I needed it. I'm not going to stop posting, just never cosplay as I wish I would/could. So, thank you again all.

Unread 08-18-2002, 04:14 PM   #2
Sami
» star*stealing girl

That's unfortunate that some people can be so closed minded about other people's interests. :/ I personally say don't lose hope! If you really want to cosplay, then do it. Even if people give you funny looks or call you "stupid" or "a little kid" or something. It's their fault that they can't open their mind to something that may seem a little strange to them, but is really a growing subculture among many anime fans. Don't let it get you down. ^_^!!

sen - ti - ment - has - got - me - feelin'!
Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2002, 04:24 PM   #3
Kurenai

Hi,

Don't stop posting if cosplay is what you really love. If there's any way we can help, don't hesistate to say so ^ ^
Kurenai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2002, 05:06 PM   #4
KuroBara
dog of the military

That's horrible! Definitely don't stop posting Tenjou. You'll be able to do it eventually. I had to wait until I was in college to do my first costume. Grr...some parents! Can you get your own e-bay id? Good luck sweety!
Unread 08-18-2002, 06:23 PM   #5
Tenjou

Question Must be the heat 0_0

Well I had to tell dad dinner was ready (the food was upstairs, and he was watching tv downstairs) and we got talking about what he said and stuff, and he said I could go to shoujocon. O_o but he still says trying to bid for the Jiji was pointless and a waste of money.

^^:; weird.

P.S. Thanks for the encouraging posts! ^^
Unread 08-18-2002, 07:46 PM   #6
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Don't worry, just hang in there! You're gonna be 18 eventually, and then financially independent. Your time will come, no matter what little setbacks you have now.

I'm glad you can go to Shoujoucon! Just keep finding little ways to help him see that you're growing up, and he'll notice. ^^ Besides, eBay can be a dangerous place (not in a literal sense, you know what I mean). You can easily get a Gigi at Shoujoucon, or at an online store; maybe he'd feel better about that method, you could suggest it when you think the time is right. ^^