Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Mid-Atlantic

Unread 02-27-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
BouXKanon

J-Rock at AMA '07

So who all is going as a J-Rocker? I want to try and get some sort of J-Rock photoshoot set up for one of the con days where all the J-Rockers can get together and get some really good pictures....

Im going as Miyavi....Freedom Fighters one day and a kick a** photoshoot picture another day...still wondering what to do the third day....

Unread 03-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #2
myaku_
cupcake sprinkle sprinkle

Unfortunately, I'll only be at AMA on Saturday because I'm graduating on Friday (hurrah). :/

I'm not sure what I'm bringing yet. It's always a mystery with me, really...

nekocon 2007:
waki waki pon
p.k. fire!

☆☆☆

myaku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #3
double00beaver
Disco Toast

I've got a Freedom Fighter outfit, one of the background girls, and I'm going as Bou from An Cafe, just not sure which PV yet.
double00beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #4
BouXKanon

I think we should do the photoshoot on Saturday anyway because the most people will be there on Saturday and we can get the most out of it! I really want to try and get some really awesome pics and show everyone that cosplaying a Jrocker/Jpop star is just as cool as cosplaying an anime character. It seems like the cosplayers for Jrock/Jpop don't get enough credit sometimes.
Unread 03-21-2007, 10:11 AM   #5
double00beaver
Disco Toast

I hear you on that one. Most of the time while the anime cosplayers are being mobbed, the Jrock/Pop cosplayers get looks like "Who are you exactly?"

And I've finished my Jrock costumes, I decided to forget about the Freedom Fighter one and instead I'm going as AnCafe's Escapism PV Bou and Malice Mizer's Illuminati PV Mana.
Unread 03-22-2007, 09:25 AM   #6
BouXKanon

Yeah so I say lets fight back and give em hell...so to speak. Signs and everything saying "We are JRockers, hear us meow?" or something and take a ton of pictures and get ourselves noticed goshdurnit!

I need to start on my Freedom Fighter Meevs outfit and the other one of his that Im doing, but I've been so busy lately *cries* If anyone wants to get together that lives in Richmond and have a cosplay costume making party, please let me know....I really want to do one of those with food, music and good people!
Unread 03-22-2007, 04:45 PM   #7
double00beaver
Disco Toast

xD Jrock army. I'm already in the Mickey Kingdom Hearts Army at Animazement, and I'll be bringing my 3 foot tall Mickey with me to AMA for my Axel costume.

Get a sign saying 'I'm from Antic Cafe' or 'I'm from Malice Mizer' or 'Hey! I'm Miyavi! Mob me!!' xD
Unread 03-23-2007, 05:23 PM   #8
Kaoshima
Legendary Prosecutor

I wanna do The Pillows sometime with my friends...
Kaoshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 07:14 PM   #9
double00beaver
Disco Toast

I love The Pillows' FLCL and Cowboy Bebop music, but I have no idea what they look like. That's sad. xD
Unread 03-24-2007, 12:27 AM   #10
Tenshinoitami1
Insane cosplayer

I'm not real sure what I will be bringing just yet.
My Jun costume will probably be coming since it's getting all fixed up (totally remade the pants and fixed the wig), and if I get the time and money I may have a new costume.

I wont be staying at the con itself since my apartment is like a 5 minute drive from the con xD
Tenshinoitami1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 09:13 AM   #11
Kaoshima
Legendary Prosecutor

o_O the Pillows did do FLCL, but they didn't do Cowboy Bebop, you must be thinking of Yoko Kanno. *pat on head* it's okay though.
The Pillows would be kinda hard just they're not like Visual K or anything, they don't usually run around in costumes, but there's one photo in Penalty Life of them wearing jeans, black leather jackets, and blue scarves each w/ a different design on it. That's the next best thing I figure :P
Unread 03-24-2007, 12:38 PM   #12
double00beaver
Disco Toast

I must be, it's been awhile sicne I've seen either anime. ^-^; Gomen.

It does sound hard though, I would like to be Ayumi Hamasaki, but she blends in since she's not visual kei either. Bou you atleast reconize his hair if he's dressed normally. xP
Unread 03-26-2007, 07:35 AM   #13
BouXKanon

Im gonna have H**l trying to do all of Miyavi's tattoos! But that will make me stand out quite well, so Im happy. Plus Im basically just like Miyavi personality wise, crazy as god knows what!

The costume my friend is doing for Ayumi is really awesome. It's the pink corset bit from the Ladies Night PV, she will get a lot of attention for it, if she wasn't to I'd be so surprised!
Unread 03-26-2007, 02:55 PM   #14
Kaoshima
Legendary Prosecutor

I saw a Miyavi DVD once, it made me laugh. ex. he goes to Hawaii and immediately starts jumping on the hotel bed. He was also wearing two hats on top of each other and one of my friends was joking around, "He probably couldn't decide which hat to wear, so he just put 'em both on. He'll probably switch 'em in a minute." A few seconds after that, he did, it was hilarious.
Unread 03-27-2007, 06:13 PM   #15
double00beaver
Disco Toast

Miyavi is crazy like that. During one of his lives, he actually stopped in between songs to sing "If You're Happy And You Know It" and made the audience dance along.

Anyone interested in a Jrock photoshoot? I need to know if I should brign my Mana costume or not..