Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Soulcalibur

Unread 02-28-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
VayneSolidor

soulcalibur III seigfried/nightmare difficulty

i'm on alot of projects for both friends and myself and i finally got some free time for me.i decided to go forth and finish the last touches on my nightmare and seigfried projects,just one problem stops me from finishing them.....their damned swords...anyone know how to make them without the peices and stuff not falling apart?and i dont mean no rinky-dink kid sword either.i need actual lengthed ones like seigfried's and nightmare's swords.
VayneSolidor is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
Knux02

i made mine (nightmare sc3) out of insulation foam coated with fibre glass. you can view it in my gallery. My costume is not really good but i am proud of the sword..
Knux02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
VayneSolidor

wow...never thought of using both insulation foam AND coating it with fibre glass.i'll try it out. thanx.

*btw i commented one of your pics.cool detail!^^*
VayneSolidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2007, 03:46 AM   #4
RedeemedX
Salvation

There are sites that offer to make em for you if you got the cash so yeah...I'm getting my Soul Calibur [Siegfried Zweihander] Made by some people here in Spokane for 50$. All I can say is check around, there's bound to be a place that can make an awesome Quality Giant Sword...
RedeemedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2007, 07:58 AM   #5
Knux02

Thanks for the comment, VayneSoldor.
Good luck with your sword. I am looking forward to see it finished
Insulation foam with fibreglass is in my eyes the only way to keep this monstersword halfway liftable.

RedeemedX: Holy Shit, 50$ thats insanely cheap Oo, i invested about 30h in my sword and would not sell it under 300 $.. the fibreglass alone did cost 30$, not to speak about the paint, wasted brushes etc XD
Knux02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #6
RedeemedX
Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knux02 View Post
RedeemedX: Holy Shit, 50$ thats insanely cheap Oo, i invested about 30h in my sword and would not sell it under 300 $.. the fibreglass alone did cost 30$, not to speak about the paint, wasted brushes etc XD

Yeah, Iknow some people here and because I'm doin it locally it doesnt cost as much and no shippin XD Meh...hopefully I can get this costume finished =P I still need ALOT better reference pics than the sketches I did from SC3 Museum =/ lol