Go Back   Cosplay.com > Usergroup Forums > Usergroup Discussion and Recruitment

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-03-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
ningyobaka

cincinatti dayton area cosplay events! looking for people to help out.

so far we are looking for people who kinda wanna start a get together type thing of some planned events. looking for people to help with the planning and putting together of these events along with event goers!! so yeah post here if your interested or your ideas for these events or ideas for different events you would want to start, plan or attend!

starting with a airgear cosplay at a roller rink!

and an anime prom!

and just added an anime sleep over pajama cosplay event.

(also can we get some ideas for what to call our group.)

we plan to also recruit attendees from several local anime clubs and several college anime clubs.

Last edited by ningyobaka : 03-03-2007 at 06:39 PM.
ningyobaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-03-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
ningyobaka

so i'm gonna take up a few of the next post to have to edit later on on the speific events to have to update so people won't have to search the board.

starting with this one and it being about the airgear cosplay at the roller rink.

ok so basicly what the title of the event says, plus a few details;

if we get enough people we plan to rent out the roller rink. you'd still have to pay addmission (covers the rental fee. if anything extra is made we will place it an account to help fund future cosplay events and activies ) but that would allow only cosplayers and freinds and family of cosplayers to attend basicly. you don't have to be in cosplay or go as a cosplay of any type to go.

renting of the rink allows us to have full control over music playing there, so we'd be able to keep the music selection to anime music only if we wanted or also a few other good music selections XD.

also we plan on picking the location based on where most of the people who will be attending will be coming from.

we'd have some activies planned, set up so photshoots maybe get some nice backgrounds and scenery from the series set up for some awesome pictures, and of coarse a cosplay contest, with maybe some prizes. (like manga or dvd's or something like that.)

Last edited by ningyobaka : 03-03-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Unread 03-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #3
ningyobaka

the next is the anime prom.

basicly we all know what prom is. (will not be restricted by age but younger children would hopefully have a gaurdian. cause we all want to see the 10 year old in the tux or prom dress.) and so we were thinking of having one based around anime. as in you go as an anime character of your choice anything or anyone you want just have a costume for them that looks like what they would wear to a prom.

(looking for a cool title for it or theme kinda like most proms)

we'd have a few set ups for picture like they do for proms, that would look like they were designed for your different maybe popular anime titles or genre's, if they were to have a prom.

the cosplay contest it's self would end up being kind of like the vote for prom court. (having a voting boothe set up an if you want to enter you'd sign up and get a little number.)

and a dancing contest of coarse! (agian if you want to enter sign up and get maybe a number on a different colored card.)

we'd be playing anime music along with our favorites bands and such here state side. (as in we will be taking requests! and it you don't think we'll have it bring your cds or your ipod just please have censored version if we get alot of little kids.)
Unread 03-03-2007, 06:30 PM   #4
ningyobaka

also we've just added this idea a anime sleep over.

a huge sleepover party event, where we have an anime pajama party and cosplay. (they have those kind of cosplays and events at con why not put them to proper use .)

we could have snacks, some games (twister and character chess or checkers) of coarse food drinks and movies!!!

along with a cosplay contest. with some extra added bonus for making your characters sleeping bag or accesories too. kind of works like the prom thing design and or make your favorite characters pj's.
Unread 03-03-2007, 06:52 PM   #5
Reih
Jessie~!

This is.. awesome!
I live in Covington so It wouldn't take me long to drive there
sounds fun~!
I wish I could help out, but I hardly have my liscence yet x.o
Reih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #6
ningyobaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reih View Post
This is.. awesome!
I live in Covington so It wouldn't take me long to drive there
sounds fun~!
I wish I could help out, but I hardly have my liscence yet x.o
lol that's ok. any little bit helps. if possible for some of these would you think you'd be able to maybe bring something? (pj thing we're gonna need alot of twister mats. maybe like a snack food or something to share.)
Unread 03-04-2007, 09:54 PM   #7
lostsummoner
random person #27

despite the fact that i can only partially comprehend whats going on [airgear @ roller rink? *confused*] it still sounds like a rather fabulous idea

Back burner: Anima [FFX] 0% (figuring out HOW to make it ...)
Feel free to IM me about random crap, just be sure to tell me where you know me from
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
lostsummoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2007, 10:23 PM   #8
ningyobaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsummoner View Post
despite the fact that i can only partially comprehend whats going on [airgear @ roller rink? *confused*] it still sounds like a rather fabulous idea
how come you can only partially comprehend? so i can make it comprehendable.
Unread 03-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #9
lostsummoner
random person #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ningyobaka View Post
how come you can only partially comprehend? so i can make it comprehendable.
i dont know what this 'airgear' thingy is?

Feel free to IM me about random crap, just be sure to tell me where you know me from
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Unread 03-04-2007, 10:33 PM   #10
ningyobaka

Quote:
i dont know what this 'airgear' thingy is?
it's a anime/manga about kids and gangs who fight on rollerblades with engines in them. hince why at a roller rink.
Unread 03-04-2007, 10:39 PM   #11
lostsummoner
random person #27

Quote:
it's a anime/manga about kids and gangs who fight on rollerblades with engines in them. hince why at a roller rink.
ah. well that would explain why i didnt get it lol. I dont watch/read a lot of anime/mangas right now due to time and money restrictions.

still intresting concept at least

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Unread 03-05-2007, 11:43 AM   #12
ningyobaka

Quote:
ah. well that would explain why i didnt get it lol. I dont watch/read a lot of anime/mangas right now due to time and money restrictions.

still intresting concept at least
well we're not expecting or only letting people attend who are doing airgear. it's a big get together for anime fans to roller skate to anime music and cosplay on roller skates. paranio agent would work well with this also. but basicly it's just a fun get together.
Unread 03-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #13
lostsummoner
random person #27

Quote:
well we're not expecting or only letting people attend who are doing airgear. it's a big get together for anime fans to roller skate to anime music and cosplay on roller skates. paranio agent would work well with this also. but basicly it's just a fun get together.
i'm into Fullmetal Alchemist and kinda sorta Naruto and BSSM with the occasional Witch Hunter Robin. I've only cosplayed Envy from FMA though ... does that count?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Unread 03-05-2007, 09:58 PM   #14
ShineingOkami

SWEET!I can go to this!!!!Thank you person!!!(now all I need is a costume.*goes to ebay looking for anime costume*)
ShineingOkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #15
ningyobaka

Quote:
i'm into Fullmetal Alchemist and kinda sorta Naruto and BSSM with the occasional Witch Hunter Robin. I've only cosplayed Envy from FMA though ... does that count?
you can cosplay whatever you want!

we'll have to cosplay contests, one for airgear alone, since that's the point of the gathering being in that location,

and another for all other cosplay.

along with some skating contests (with prizes)

so yes cosplay whatever you like or don't cosplay at all!!! spread the word, come to hang out with other fans, roller skate or blade and listen to anime music!!!