Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 04-09-2003, 12:45 PM   #1
Marianne
you will be boiled

Exclamation ATTENTION: Cosplayers needed for video project!!

I posted this in the General Chat area, but since this is the area I frequent most often and enjoy the most, here it is! ()

I am doing an extremely fun project in my digital editing class...I have to make a trailer and then compose a CD-ROM, relating to one topic with a critique.

So my topic? Cosplaying! Since cosplaying is real life roleplaying and an escape from the real world, the critique is on reality. As with other cosplayers, I gain pleasure when I become the character I am portraying. It's fun, challenging, different, interesting...and everyday life is boring.

So what I need are some people willing to have me videotape them in the process of making their costumes or becoming their characters. For this portion, I am hoping to get all my footage by at least April 26. Or....if people are willing to contribute some of their own footage, that would be awesome!

For the next portion, people actually dressed up as their characters, I would like to get all the footage by at least May 30. I will definately be at the Cosplay.com picnic in Irvine, so please be there, especially the people I get footage from the first portion. Again, any contributed footage (from previous conventions or whatever) is more than welcome.

As for legal matters, all this material will be screened in a class of about 30 people...but hey, fame and recognition will be yours for my portion of the screening! Any contributors will also get a copy of the final project.

One other thing, I am a student at UCSD residing in UCSD...so I am looking for southern CA volunteers...I will be willing to drive to where you are within reason (), but again, mailed in contributions are MORE than welcome. Hi8 or DV formats preferred, but I can work with VHS as well...I will pay for shipping if necessary.

Anyway, please post if you are willing to volunteer, send me a private message, or e-mail me directly at donotimmar@aol.com with the subject "Cosplaying Video."

Thanks so much! - Marianne
Marianne is offline   Reply With Quote