Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Spam Board

Unread 03-04-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
ItsIna
It's Ina

Question QQCosplay.com? Trustworthy yes or no?

This is the cheapest Edward Elric wig I've found so far that's not on Ebay.

http://www.qqcosplay.com/FMA/fmaedwwig.html

I wanted to know if anyone had bought from here before and if they're trustworthy or not. They look like I can trust them, but you never know so I thought I'd ask.

Also if anyone knows where I can get a cheaper Edward Elric wig I'd be very thankful. ^^

~Amber

Unread 03-04-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
Fullmetal_Otaku
FMA rox. 'nuff said. ^^

QQCosplay is very reliable! =) I bought an Ed costume from them a year ago and it was perfect! It actually came with a Ed wig. I also ordered a Riza costume this year, with which my only complaint is that it's a little too big. -.-Anyway, they have really fash shipping and I'd definitely reccomend them.

Costumes: Edward Elric OR Miniskirt!Riza
Conventions: Anime Boston + AnimeNEXT OR Connecticon
Progress: Ed-100%, Riza-100%
Unread 03-05-2007, 01:06 AM   #3
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

I'll second the QQCosplay endorsement. I bought an Ino costume from them and it looked good and fit very well. My only gripe is that the shoes are a little big, but it was the smallest size they have and I have little baby feet. The prices are very reasonable and the shipping is justified considering that it's coming from China. For $130, I got Ino's dress, shorts, armwarmers, shoes, and headband. The only thing I had to add were a pair of earrings and bandages for my waist.

My only suggestion is to get the optional insurance. They send via Global Post and insurance will protect you should it get "lost" in transit or "confiscated" in customs.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Unread 03-05-2007, 02:44 AM   #4
Eternamente926
Just me and my Shadow~

*gasp* I checked their site out... added to my favourites because in the future I plan to cosplay Shuichi Shindou, and that wig they have is perfect lol (I'm also impressed with the Shuichi costume they have! But I might be able to make that myself). Thanks for posting about this site!

"My computer's so slow, it doesn't crash. It gently bumps into things..."
Unread 03-05-2007, 06:57 AM   #5
Seraphy
Nagare~

I bought a Rukia Shinigami costume from them just recently. My only complaint is that its to big, even though I gave them my correct measurements.

Other than that, yeah, I think they're reliable.
Unread 03-05-2007, 09:22 AM   #6
ItsIna
It's Ina

Thanks so much guys! Now I won't have any doubts when I buy my wig. ^^
Unread 03-05-2007, 09:07 PM   #7
Vanessa
0079 for LIFE!

I have gotten three outfits from them, they are AMAZING, not only do they keep in GREAT contact with me, but they shipped out my items really fast. Great people who really like what they do.
Unread 03-05-2007, 09:32 PM   #8
Jiah

From what I heard their costumes are really well done (their PoT uniforms look GREAT), but I'm not too sure about the quality of their wig styling. In my opinion they're kind of... shoddy. It hink they should just stick to costumes :P

2 cents, away!
Unread 09-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #9
rcstott

qq cosplay dot com

Do not buy from qq cosplay PERIOD. I ordered two costumes from these theives, only to have them take over 4 months to deliver. The costumes were too small and I sent them back for a refund. I neither got a refund or the costumes back in the right size. I was told it would take about 6 weeks to deliver them, it took 4 months. I paid via paypal (which only has a 60 day term of dispute), so paypal would not help me (apparently they know this and make sure orders take more than 60 days to deliver). I am still trying to get my money back (2 YEARS NOW), as they only have a PO box (you need an actual sreet address to file and serve a small claims suit) here in the USA, which makes it impossible to file a suit against them in California (where there resident agent is located). They do not have a business license in Emeryville (510-596-4325) nor a corporation formed in the State of California (http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/list.html). I have complained to the FTC, the BBB and to Paypal, with no help whatsoever. Please tell the people online to not patronize them as this may be the only way to get them to close up their illegal business.

Rich
Unread 09-11-2008, 12:40 PM   #10
Starlightslk
Film Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiah View Post
From what I heard their costumes are really well done (their PoT uniforms look GREAT), but I'm not too sure about the quality of their wig styling. In my opinion they're kind of... shoddy. I think they should just stick to costumes :P

2 cents, away!
The PoT uniforms are very nice, and comfy. They feel like a real tennis uniform. I got mine for a group and the pants/shorts were the perfect size but the tops were too big but that was cause I measured my unbound chest and honestly was not a big deal since it made hiding certain things easier. So essentially you just have to make sure that your measurements are accurate.

I had also ordered a $1/pair of Orihime hair-pins which were not included but they did include other little goodies (probably in lieu of the hair-pins) Plus I wasn't that upset since they were only. $1

It did take a little bit (about a month) so would recommend ordering waaaay in advance and also getting the shipping insurance. If spending that much you might as well protect the investment.

As for the wigs, I dunno since I never ordered a wig from them. But that one doesn't look too bad.

Probable Con Schedule: Katsu, PAX East, Dragon*con, Bakuretsucon...always subject to change

Upcoming Cosplays: Mami(Madoka Magica), Morrigan(Darkstalkers)var, a Secret, &...?

"Immortality is a fantasy. Life is short, so we should take care of it. The shorter the life is, the more fight we have to make." ~Hatori Heiji (Detective Conan)

Inuyasha is a 200-year-old bantling and Sesshoumaru has a security fluffy.

Last edited by Starlightslk : 09-11-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Fixing Formating XP
Unread 09-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #11
Prota-Girl
Get Jinxed!

Not a bad wig. And from the sounds of things I think It looks like it'd be a good choice. Cheeper though....not sure about that. O_O

They got some nice stuff though!

X-23 (X-Men)

Planned:
Sailor Moon, Sesshoumaru (Inu Yasha), Ronan (Guardians of the Galaxy)
Unread 09-12-2008, 03:43 AM   #12
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Guys...this topic is a year and a half old.
Unread 09-13-2008, 08:13 PM   #13
sazumebachi

:/ i got a costume from there it was medium that's the size i am and the sleeves turned out being too tight for me. and it was a host club dress. so i would be careful in picking the size of the costume, and that website and cosplay magic charges "up there" prices that it makes me or maybe some people. not want to buy cosplay costumes. This is my opinion.

Unread 09-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #14
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Old Topic, Guys.
Unread 10-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #15
Prodigiosus

Thank you so much for ItsIna, I lost the link to that web site and I have it back now. I hope your cosplay comes out great.

In today's world, achieving true happiness is like catching fish in the sea with your hands - not only is it very difficult, requiring much patience, effort, determination, and strength, few are those who obtain it.