Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 690 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #1561
KoriStarfire

Its a shame that having to put up with "sudden perpetual silence" and rudeness is the standard of the commissioner's business. I know that if it were any other business, it would go under in no time.

Whatever, go ahead and delete these posts since all I can do is edit them blank.

PS. The link on your first post doesn't work and leads to a 403'd page. Thought you might like to know.

Animosity Cosplay
Next Con: JAPAN
Costumes: Sailor Venus, Duo Maxwell

Last edited by KoriStarfire : 04-25-2010 at 04:07 PM.
KoriStarfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #1562
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

KoriStarfire: Perhaps you could bring it up in "Commissioners Not To Go To" instead? It's a valid complaint, even if it doesn't necessarily belong in this particular thread.
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #1563
KoriStarfire

Thanks for the link Angathol! I'll check out the thread since your link works. For some reason it kept leading to a 403'd page when I tried to go to it from the first post.

Animosity Cosplay
Next Con: JAPAN
Costumes: Sailor Venus, Duo Maxwell
KoriStarfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #1564
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

No prob.

I think it's because any links with the URL "forums.cosplay.com" are no longer valid. If you remove the "forums" part of these invalid links (should you come across them in other places in the forums like I have) they should work.
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 06:50 AM   #1565
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Great to know KoriStarfire, thank you ^^ And for the hint, Angathol! It has been fixed accordingly.
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #1566
bjstor

Name of Commissioner - Cosplay1.com / nugrosjp / Ajie Nugroho

Website - http://cosplay1.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game - Kaname Kuran from Vampire Knight (Jacket, Waistcoat and Trousers.)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item - http://cosplay1.com/dtProduct.php?pId=1087
Although, these pictures really don't do it justice. The finished piece is phenomenal.

Timeline - I first ordered it in January and asked for it to be ready for 26th of May. I recieved it today on the 26th of April. A month early!

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. -
Pros: Best of the best. I couldn't be happier with the costume. Brilliant price for the high quality of work. A fitted, shop bought suit would easily cost double what I payed. It all came lined (even the waistcoat), and the collar sticks up exactly as it does in the anime. I didn't even think that was possible! It's as though she has pulled it straight from the Manga. It's the best fitting piece of clothing I have! Any questions I emailed her with were answered within 24hours.

Cons - Nothing I can think of.

Final Grade: A++ I'll definately be using Cosplay1.com again!
bjstor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #1567
RoseHanabira

Name of Commissioner: Jennifer Cosplay (E-Bay name: 1987csddlink)

Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.ca/1987csddlink/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Final Fantasy Dissidia Squall -- JACKET ONLY

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: To be updated at a later time (today or tomorrow)

Timeline: Contacted April 1, payed April 4/5, packaged received April 20 (payed for Express shipping)

Describe your Experience
Excellent communication, I pestered the poor thing endlessly, and always got a response overnight. Communicated to get an approximate timeline, got an honest response saying she could make it quickly but there was a possibility of the item being stopped by customs for an indefinite period of time, out of her control. Since I would have had a 2 day buffer if regular shipping went without any problem, I bit the bullet and paid extra for shipping, even though shipping was costly as it was and express shipping even more so (almost $45 USD for shipping alone), and let her know when I needed the jacket by. Ironically, I forgot to include the express shipping in the payment, so I sent an e-mail, she didn't mind at all and gave me instructions for the extra payment. Clarified which measurements were needed, absolutely wonderful product came in the mail, exactly like what the pictures looked like. The only little surprise was that the buttons all had "JINGPIN" written on them. If you look REALLY closely at the pictures it looks like they used the same buttons there. So if you're anal about that kind of a thing, there's your warning, it's really not very noticeable at all though (the text is just engraved in the button, it's not in a different colour or anything).

Pros:
-Express shipping was FAST!
-Speedy communication
-Completely accurate jacket, as far as I can tell
-Excellent quality
-Measurements were followed accurately
-The jacket itself was awesomely priced ($40 USD)

Cons:
-Some info given is a little vague, but extra communication cleared up any confusion
-Some of the wording during communication was in broken grammar, and sometimes the responses were copy/pasted generic messages. However, the point of the message always came across clearly, and again extra communication cleared up any lingering confusion
-Shipping was expensive. $25 USD for regular, and an extra $18 USD for Express Shipping (ouch!)
-Buttons have "JINGPIN" engraved on them

Final Grade: A+
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 03:15 PM   #1568
Goldie
Resident Gamer

KawaiiWigs

Name of Commissioner: KawaiiWigs

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.kawaiiwigs.net/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Queen Serenity wig from Sailor Moon

Links to picture(s): was suppose to receive July 1, 2007

Timeline: March 2007 - July 2007

Pros: Initially super quick response, detailed quote and gives you lots of information on the timeline needed.

Cons: After payment was received, payment dropped away. Thought maybe she was just busy so left it. Once late June arrived and no contact (with the original agreement being that it would be here "by July") sent off an email asking how it was going and received no reply. Have also sent off another email asking for details as to whether or not it would be finished so as I could make other arrangements and still no reply. According to her myspace she's been online and active. When I got the wig finally in September 2007 the odango awful and the wig was bad looking so I sent it back for a refund. I have emailed the wig maker once a month since September 2007 and every reply "Ok next week you will receive the new improved wig." Nothing for three years. $180 that I pulled out of my ass, Thanks KawaiiWigs ^_^

Comments: Not recommended. Will update if circumstances change.

UPDATED: I have been fighting for three years in private because she was a friend keyword was.

Final Grade: F
Goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:29 PM   #1569
MomoNagori

I ordered off of Cosworx.com
Ordered two wigs, I got them in only 5 days.
When I got the wigs they were perfectly packaged.
Not just thrown into a box or anything xD haha!
They were SOOO soft also as a side note.
But over all GREAT quality, I give an A+
MomoNagori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #1570
Sachie

Name of Commissioner: Soniceplayer

Website/C.com gallery http://shop.ebay.com/soniceplayer/m.html

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Suiseiseki from Rozen Maiden - dress

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://cgi.ebay.com/Rosen-Rozen-maiden-Dress-cosplay-costume-Velvet-c319-/370367504378?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&ha sh=item563b9f9ffa

Timeline (how long your order took to process): 2 weeks after I ordered it, it was shipped out. I received the package 3 days after they marked it as shipped.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros: The green fabric is a gorgeous colour! Made with velvet, really nice!
When I asked questions/ sent emails, I got a prompt response within 24 hours. Shipping was amazingly fast. (Express arrived in 3 days!)

Cons: The collar is huge. Like, It's about 25% bigger than in the picture. The dress is still a tad short on me, but it's okay since I added some lace to the bottom to make it look longer.
And the dress in the picture looks like it has a lot more fabric than the actual thing. But they are just minor things, they don't bother me that much.

Final Grade: A-
Sachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 07:42 AM   #1571
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 05-08-2010, 04:15 AM   #1572
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Name of Merchant: Mitsubado
(This is a second-hand costume dealer that ships within-Japan only)

Items ordered: Konoe from "Lamento: Beyond the Void" second-hand costume ~ for 5,980 yen (cape, tunic, vest, ears, tail, armbands)

Pictures of the item: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/300148/

Timeline (how long your order took to process): I ordered on a Thursday night and it had arrived by Saturday evening.

Pros: Their pricing is unbeatable and pictures are reflective of actual quality. If-anything, they showcase their items in the worst-case-scenario ~ wigs haven't always been cleaned up as well as they might, costumes are frequently tossed down in wrinkled heaps. It's easy to tell what you'll get, but the end result is often a pleasant surprise. Stains and damage are noted in-full and shipping is free for orders of over 5,000 yen.

The costume I recieved was extremely high-quality, well-cared for and in impeccable shape. New, it would easily have cost me $250-300 for the same quality work on the same pieces without the ears and tail. I was able to snatch this up with both for about $50 and am extremely pleased with the results. Everything was well-packed, neatly folded and most importantly ~ clean!!

Cons: Selection is limited to what has been sold back. There is only one picture of each item and sizing information is very sketchy. There's really no way to tell if something will fit until it has arrived. All items are used, so there's a very good chance that some will have construction errors, wear, damage or will require cleanup/adjustment.

The costume is a bit small, especially in the chest and hips, while the shoulders are extremely large. I can only assume that it was custom-made for someone who intended to wear the piece with shoulderpads. Even so, it fits, albeit uncomfortably (the top actually looks fabulous super snug around the underbust). It's good incentive to drop the 3 kilos I'd been hoping to!

Just be advised that Japanese people are shaped much differently than Westerners and that a "Large" means a size 6. If you're larger than a size 6, you might have a hard time here.

Final Grade: A

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 05-08-2010 at 09:03 AM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #1573
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Please let me know when you update with the grade so I can update the front page :>
Unread 05-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #1574
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
Please let me know when you update with the grade so I can update the front page :>
Sorry about that, I got dragged out to dinner before I could try the costume on.
It's fabulous, though So it's all good.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2010, 03:56 AM   #1575
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

No worries! Updated!