Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1069 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #2281
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #2282
StrawberryNinja
Happy Sunshine Evil

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay Fu
Website/C.com gallery: ****This Website Link Has Been Removed due to Recent Forum Spam****.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Gakuen Hetalia Female Uniform If the link doesn't work, it comes with a collared shirt, a sweater with the emblem, the dress, a tie, and a blazer with the emblem.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Jacket closed
Jacket open
Timeline (how long your order took to process): I ordered the costume on December 5, 2011. On the 15th or 16th, I got an email that it had been shipped. It arrived in the US on the 18th and on the 20th it was delivered to me.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
Pros:
Before I ordered, I'd been having conversations with their support team about sizing. They responded and answered my question rather quickly. As I said, I ordered it on the 5th and received it on 20th. I didn't expect it until a month later since I even said I didn't need it until late January. I made a note to them when I ordered it for it reach my knees, but I didn't notice I put the measurement in feet. They sent me an email confirming what it was that I wanted and we got that issue settled pretty quickly. When I got the uniform, it reached perfectly to my knees. The material of the costume is polyester, but it's pretty comfy. It feels like I'm wearing pajamas almost. I had heard that the tie they sent was some sort of clip-on/zipper deal, but the one I got was an actual tie that I get to joyfully fail at tying. The package they sent also came with this cute phone charm and a coupon that doesn't expire for 3 years.
Cons:
Loose threads everywhere I look! Those are just a few of them. The things are everywhere. The buttonholes are also fraying and the buttons were sewn on pretty shabbily. They flop around all and one already popped off. I'm going to have to redo all of them. There are few sizing issues too. Like the previous picture of the missing button shows, it's not a perfect fit. That's the waist area and it feels like I've been poured into it. I think they made it exactly my measurement because there's no wiggleroom, but it's not too tight either. The collared shirt is a bit tight around the shoulders so it's difficult to move my arms in some directions. One of the seams on the buttondown is also puckering pretty badly without being worn. I might just end up replacing it with a shirt I already have.
Final Grade: I give them a B. It's comfortable and looks how it should, but the sizing problems and shoddy craftsmanship in certain areas prevent it from getting an A.

Also, a note because I don't know what's up with it. They cut the tags off everything but the dress. I notice the company on the tag has a different site than cosplay fu. I just thought it was weird.

Cosplays I'm Working On:
Bianchi - Katekyo Hitman Reborn (Naka-kon 2014 and ACen 2014)
Halloween 2011 Turkey - Hetalia (Naka-kon 2014)
Wooper gijinka and/or kigurumi- Pokemon (ACen 2014 maybe)
Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (ACen 2014 maybe)
Chocolove - Shaman King (ACen 2014 or Anime Midwest 2014 maybe)

Last edited by StrawberryNinja : 12-21-2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Adding something
StrawberryNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #2283
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

www.hellocosplay.com
the pic of the costume is in my pics

it was squall from final fantasy 8; it came with the jacket, shirt, belts,gloves and the pants.

heres the link to the pic
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3077491/

i ordered it the day before the month of the con or a few days earyier and it arived a few days before the con

pros: it fit me really well and was nice an warm but was cooled down because of the half jacket. everything was just rightm even the sleaves where just right typicly most long sleave tops have longer sleaves than my arms are.

cons: not that many because this is the frist costume i wore that was made from a leather material so i can't really judge.

score A+
it fit me perfectly and felt like the real thing and was comphy enough to wear the whole con. mins the times where the jacket made me over heat.

this costume was a rare deal, if your planning to order from hellocosplay.com find a costume thats not to complex so there is less to go wrong
Unread 12-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #2284
AirVee
Failure at Cosplay...

Name of Commissioner: GirlShowHair2010
Website/C.com gallery:http://myworld.ebay.com/girlshowhair...id=p4340.l2559
Character commissioned and series/video game: Brown, Mint split wig with 2 matching pigtails.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://i43.tinypic.com/9097ol.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process):
About a week and a half.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros!

I'll admit it, GLW has some nice color combinations for their split wigs but $60 is crazy for the quality. It's not good enough to spend $60 on. For that price they should be made of Hiperlon . So while I've been lusting after the mint Chocolate split I saw a post on GLW that was deleted suggesting another place to find split wigs for that price. Which led me to GSH2010. For about $30 a wig they look a little shady at first but it was worth the gamble.
Soft wig, fast shipping (which was free BTW) doesn't tangle very easily. Needed a spritz of detangling spray cause it was getting a bit frizzy.
Cons:
Like the GLW wigs this has that odd kinking at the weft's base of the clips. It doesn't show when you clip them on but it's unsightly otherwise. the back of the wig is a wee bit thin. Nothing too serious though.

Final grade: A+
Perfect for the price, and the more they sell the more inventory they add, I see so I'm expecting some cute wigs soon. ^^
Alter!Saver (Prototype)
Enkidu (Strange Fake)

AX 2014
Lancer (Prototype)
Shirou Kotomine (Apocrypha)
Archer (Stay Night)
AirVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #2285
Aqua's Rhapsody
FIERCE!

I updated my review on cosplay.com.
Aqua's Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #2286
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

Name of Commissioner: Chokichi
Website/C.com gallery http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/cosplaymandy/
Character commissioned and series/video gameAlice Liddel, Alice: Madness Returns. Commissioned dress, apron, back ribbon, and armbands.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DSCN0863.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process) Roughly 2 months.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. I've worked with this commissioner multiple times before, and her recent work has proven why I will continue to do so. Very understanding of time, extremely reasonable price, and excellent quality on the final product.
Final Grade: A+

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel

Last edited by Cadmium Polyphony : 12-25-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 12:00 AM   #2287
Benihime Denote

If anyone was wondering where you can find good wigs from a site located in the U.S... you should go to epiccosplay.com. There their wigs are soft and good looking. A friend wanted me to post it on the site. Great shipping and they always have sales and have great colors to choose from like silver and many shades of pink. They are not static vulnerable and they can be easily combed or brushed or styled in anyway. They are located in California and the wigs are not that expensive unless they are really long (waist length and longer). Long lasting and durable. Even comfortable!
Benihime Denote is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #2288
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #2289
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Name of Commissioner: Yaoyaoing
Website/C.com gallery: http://yaoyaoing.deviantart.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Alois from Black Butler Kimono Reference Picture
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: 1 2
Timeline (how long your order took to process): I paid for the costume on December 14th. On the 16th I sent another $20 for express shipping. I wanted to make absolutely sure I'd have it on time. She said she mailed it on the 28th and I recieved it on January 3rd.
Describe your Experience: I first talked to her in September to get information. I also talked to a past customer who bought the same costume. She gave her a great review. I explained to her I needed time to get money and that I was taking a trip to Italy and would begin this after I get back.
When I actually paid and gave my measurements, she got right to work. The only recommendation I would have for her to improve is to send updates on how the costume is coming along.
Final Grade: A+

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #2290
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 01-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #2291
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Post unneeded. oops

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads

Last edited by KnightJeran : 01-07-2012 at 03:25 PM.
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #2292
adrienne09

has anybody ordered from cosplayy.com?

if so. how was their service and quality of their costume?
adrienne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #2293
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Merchant review; cosplay.com shopping
Website; http://shop.cosplay.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game; 1 wig, the Long 70 cm. straight in shadow red (aka the Ivy)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item; The actual wig I bought online here but in Shadow Red; http://shop.cosplay.com/ivy.html
In my cosplay with it; http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3239780/
And a lousy photo of the wig on a head; http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3229837/
Timeline (how long your order took to process); Ordered it late on Christmas night, it shipped out on the 29th (I think), and it arrived at my house on January 10 (I'm Canadian, so it's usually 10 days for things to arrive from the USA by regular mail, plus during the holidays...)
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Every wig I own is from Cosworx/Cosplay.com, and I didn't plan on discontinuing that trend. I was a little nervous after a bunch of recent reviews claiming that they weren't shipping at all, but then read Admin's post on why that had happened when they'd put up their new wig line. Feeling confident, I ordered. And it came just a few days after the expected timeline for it arriving- which given it being the holidays, is understandable- and the wig's gorrrrgeous. Very thick, beautiful colour (and because of the blends of fiber shades, it looks really natural), and just what I was looking for to style. The fibers could be a little bit softer, but they're also heat-resistant AND I'm braiding it all back, so it doesn't really matter in the end. And as an added bonus, free shipping AND I got six dollars off from redeeming my store points. So it normally would have been about $60 total for me and I got it for 40.

Final Grade:A. Continuing to remain a faithful customer.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 07-04-2012 at 11:11 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #2294
azyryan
one disturbing paradox

Name of Merchant: skcos_shop/skcos cosplay shop
Item purchased (please include quantity): One dark green wig for the character Dead Master
Links to picture(s) of your received item:
http://1azyryan1.deviantart.com/#/d4m23ai
http://1azyryan1.deviantart.com/#/d4m245z
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Ordered December 30th, Processed January 6th, recieved January 11th.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
-The shipping was quite fast, it said the wig was to come January 25th-Feb. 7th so imagine my surprise when I received it Jan. 11th. The price was also good as well.
This was my first time buying from ebay, but the feedback was very positive for this seller. I mostly bought this wig because of the color and the curls it had. Color is as pictured on the site and curls are beautiful.
-I don't believe I have any cons...the curls got a little messed up, but that was my own fault when taking it out of the packaging and is an easy fix.

Final Grade:A. will definitely be purchasing from this shop again :3
2012:
Dead Master (Black Rock Shooter OVA)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts/Org.XIII)
2011:
Misa Amane (movie)
Nana Osaki
2010:
Misa Amane(closet/halloween costume)
azyryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #2295
Kanira