Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1425 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #2626
Lycoris Ousa
sleepy kitty

Name of Commissioner: Chergnomebyl

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/175867/photos/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Sengoku Basara Ochi Prop Naginata.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3346902/

Timeline: We started discussing the project back in August, I didn't send the money to begin the project until October. My due date was in March. I received the item in early February.

Describe your Experience: They were great to work with answer with in a day of me sending messages. Contacted me when the project started and when they were finished. Pictures also followed. Very talented prop designer and creator would be willing to use their services again.

Final Grade: A+

*Con list*
AWA - 2014
Momo Con - 2014
Dragon*Con - 2014
Lycoris Ousa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #2627
Rhapsados
IRL Ibuki Mioda

Name of Commissioner: cosmonde

Website/C.com gallery: cosmonde @ ebay

Character commissioned and series/video game: Akemi Homura from Madoka Magica Wig

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Taken with my cameraphone. I'll update with con pictures tomorrow and Sunday.

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Paid February 24th, received March 8th.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Pros
GREAT, AMAZING COMMUNICATION! I never had to wait more than 3 to 4 hours when it was past 10am in China for a reply. They were EXTREMELY nice as well. I asked them to cut the bangs to the side instead of straight down and guess what - they did!

Absolutely beautiful wig. The fibers are very soft and easy to handle. It looks and feels like r
real hair - I don't have a picture of it in flash, but it looks like regular hair, I swear!

It came pre-styled. And I don't mean it came with the bangs cut a bit and the sides. It literally came perfectly styled. I don't have to do ANYTHING.

Packaged nicely and shipping was FAST! Originally, the shipping time was supposed to be one week. I needed the wig for a con tomorrow (March 9/10) so I asked them for fasting shipping via DHL. To my absolute surprise, they covered the extra shipping fees! They paid an extra $15 FOR ME to get it here faster. NEVER has a seller been so nice and kind!

They sent a little thank you card packed inside with two little Madoka cards and a teddy bear. That's right. They sent me cards and a teddy bear. What more could you want?

Cons
NONE!

Final Grade: A+++++++++++, by far the BEST seller I have ever worked with, ebay or otherwise. Will, without a doubt, be buying from here again.

Future Cosplays
Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)
Akali (League of Legends)
Rhapsados is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #2628
Kayu-sama

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay Mandy
C.com gallery: Chokichi
Character commissioned and series: Forever Star outfit from The iDOLM@STER
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://24.media.tumblr.com/ec41d8428...p4zxo1_500.jpg
http://oi46.tinypic.com/b6vv3q.jpg
Timeline: First contact on January 21st. First payment sent January 22nd. Second payment sent Feb 15th. Arrived in the mail today, March 11th.
Describe your Experience.
Pros:

Well....I like the fabric. The skirt and top fit. I like that the skirt is layered, so I know it won't be really flimsy/cold/revealing at the con. I like the bow on the back, it's the right size and sturdy.
Cons:
1. The arm ruffles DON'T $#&*ING FIT. I must have triple-checked my measurements before sending them to her, and I was especially worried about my arms, because they're kind of chubby and I wanted to make sure the arm ruffles would fit. The velcro on them won't even close around my upper arm. I have to figure out how to fix them now.
2. The outfit is supposed to have gold stars on the top; at the fold of the sash, and two more stars on the straps that hang from the bodice. There is also a star hair accessory, which I inquired about; the price she quoted me for the outfit was $230 including shipping while the hair acc would be an additional $50. Which I thought was silly, so I said don't include the hair acc. I thought the price I was paying would be worth it, until she sent me pictures of the finished product and I didn't see any stars. She said she considers those a prop and they're not included. It would have been really, really nice if she mentioned that. I feel I overpaid for an outfit that just left out a vital component without her even telling me.
3. I asked for progress pics a few times and never got them. I only got pictures once it was completed. Weird.
4. The skirt is the wrong color. It's supposed to be light blue, not white. The reference pictures I gave showed this very clearly.
5. The sash was sewn on so pathetically it came undone as I was taking it out of the package. Or maybe it was never sewn on in the first place? It's hard to say. It's not a huge deal since I'm going to pin a star there anyway, but come on, really? Also the folded part of the sash is quite a bit longer than in any reference pic I gave her.
6. When the costume was ready to be shipped, she said "send the final payment and I'll ship it." I had to remind her that I already sent both halves of payment, and she was all "Oh, I see." What????
(UPDATE) 7. She has also refused to give me any sort of partial refund which I asked for after explaining why I was dissatisfied. She explained away all my complaints, like the bad communication was on me and not her. OH WELL.

Final Grade: D. I'm never going back to her or recommending her to anyone. It was way overpriced for an incomplete, inaccurate costume that I now have to fix just to wear it at all. Never again.

Last edited by Kayu-sama : 03-19-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Kayu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #2629
sephirothlives
Asuma Sensei

Jdcosplay Review

Name of Commissioner: JDcosplay

Costume Cross Marion
Hat and full length coat.

Coat is made from a nice heavy wool. Buttons are actually sewn on professionally. The gold is done very well on the coat and seems very sturdy. I could probably wear it every day if I wanted to.

JDCOSPLAY did a great job with the coat.

The shipping though really left a lot to be desired for. My coat and hat were stuffed into a fedex box and were not even in a bag. The hat came pretty crunched up and the coat looked like it had gotten wet because the box got wet.

I paid for a coat, hat and mask, but did not receive the mask.

As far as commissions go, this one went pretty well, but I would advise you to stay on top of the commissioner always.

Last edited by sephirothlives : 03-25-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Project completion
sephirothlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:47 AM   #2630
sephirothlives
Asuma Sensei

Destiny's Ending Stole From Me Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetteasus View Post
I'd like to change the grade I gave for Destiny's Ending from a D- to a straight F. After awhile, she stopped replying to me (and everyone else she's stolen from).
http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...postcount=2555

I'm sorry to hear this. Destiny's Ending Stole From Me Too.

Because of my experience with her I expect commissioners to work under a 45 day time limit because that is the limit of a paypal retraction. Otherwise they need to use their own credit card processor because most credit cards let you do charge backs up to 6 months later.
sephirothlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #2631
princemercury1
The Nobleman

Name of Commissioner Strangeland Costuming

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.strangelandcostumes.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Fix it Felix from Wreck it Ralph (shirt and hat patch(s))

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3359929/

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Less than 1 week

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. From the day I contacted her, she contacted me back right away. We exchange agreements that I will paid her on my next pay check and she told me that she would start on the patches right away. So by the time I paid her the patches would be ready for shipping. I receive the patches a few days after I paid her and they turn out super great!! I'm thoroughly impress with the craftsmanship put into these patches (even within a short time period) and the honestly she display. I'm looking forward to commissioner from her again.

and

ACE Paradise Gallery
princemercury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #2632
ecuadorianeyezz
I.M. the Art of the Dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephirothlives View Post
I'm sorry to hear this. Destiny's Ending Stole From Me Too.

Because of my experience with her I expect commissioners to work under a 45 day time limit because that is the limit of a paypal retraction. Otherwise they need to use their own credit card processor because most credit cards let you do charge backs up to 6 months later.
SAME!!! >_< Destiny's Ending is a monster.....smhh....

NEXT CON
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2014 (September 26-28)

PLANNED COSPLAYS
MLP:FiM Rainbow Dash: 100% complete
PaSwG School Uniform Stocking: 85% complete
Crossover Cosplay-ORG XIII Stocking (PaSwG/KH): 60% complete
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Mars: 65% complete
ecuadorianeyezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #2633
Silent_shadow

Name of Commissioner: Majesticlunacy

Website/C.com gallery: http://dye-another-day.deviantart.com

Character commissioned and series/video game: Lia De Russo, The Smuggler from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: https://twitter.com/EmilyRebeccaBC/s...497601/photo/1

Pros:
- I first enjoyed discussing things with her in the beginning, she was perky and enthusiastic when we first met
- She has updated me the most frequently out of all the commissioners I have commissioned in the past, and thatís just awesome, I neednít send her an email every week like I do with some others!
- She responds fast
- She works fast (Even when delays get in the way)
- Her asking price was quite fair
- She was flexible and understanding when it came to payment
- She has quite an eye for detail
- She is experienced in fabrics and whatnot and I did love what she chose in the end
- She double checks on measurements
- She has this whole professional contract thing going on now
- She happily provided me with some extra cords (In two different colors) to tie around the sleeves!
- She was really helpful when it came to finding a reasonable shipping service for such a big package
- Quality is good and sturdy overall.

Cons (Just being honest hereÖ):
- When I pointed out things that bugged me or when I was just curious about something, they would go often ignored during the second half of the process; I would have to repeat myself in some way in the next response if I was to get an answer about something.
- Communications were strained for a period of time. I find it difficult to speak with her at times especially when there is something I dislike during the process and hope to fix or change, I feel that she gets easily annoyed, defensive and also ratherÖ uppity, and I just donít appreciate that. At times I feel that my opinion does not matter all that much unless I push hard enough. It is quite hurtful, and I just donít feel respected as a customer (Plus, I was honestly afraid of upsetting her). Things did manage to let up near the end of the process though, I think the both of us were just going through some stressful times back then.
- There were little moments of confusion (Honestly I wasnít sure what the vest was made of since she mentioned using vinyl at first, before describing what she is using as pleatherÖ or leatherÖ plus the deadline date got me a little confused, changing from 14th to 19th, etc.)
- While yes, she did get some extra fancy trimming as requested; I disliked her reluctance in doing so at first.
- While I appreciate that she seeks to make the costume durable, I donít appreciate how she had not informed me of the certain changes she did to make it so only until later on when I had spot it in the progress shots, of course there is no need to hold my hand for every little step taken during the costume making (And vice versa), but if it is a considerably noticeable visual thing, I would like to discuss about it first. I was flexible with my time, so things like this should have been shared with me instead of being avoided in the beginning.
- Her over confidence bugged me a little at times, there were quite a number of things still left to make, and there were only about 5 days left until the deadline (And painting details seems to take at least 1 to 2 days), I really was not sure if she would even do a good job had she finished them on time.
- There is a rather ugly stain when she glued to pieces of fabrics together for the 2nd blouse.
- Amulet was just made of craft foam and looked rather flat and lame, I was expecting it to be made out of sculpey at least.
- The leather vest fits but it doesnít seem to close up properly, even though I already inserted in some new holes into the straps.
- I felt that she was rushing over quite a few things near the end and so certain things like detail painting and some bits of sewing (And the amulet) did not turn out all that well (Uneven, messy, etc), though they could be hidden somewhat, I was hoping for a cleaner, more proper job.

Overall: I am actually a little saddened at how things turned out near the end, but I am glad that I got quite an alright package despite the issues that occurred.

I think her attitude and etiquette could be a tinsy bit better. Itíd be safer ordering simpler costumes if you want to avoid the issues above.

Final Grade: B-
Silent_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #2634
Yasiko

Full Costume/Wig

Name of Commissioner: CosplayMagic
Character commissioned: Yazoo (Final Fantasy Advent Children)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplaymagic.com/fifavii7yaco.html
http://www.cosplaymagic.com/fifaya.html
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Ordered March 12, received March 22

Pros: Costume looks exactly like the picture to the exact detail, obviously using their own pictures. Material looks the same, etc. Made out of high quality fabric, and stitched well, also lined which is really nice and comfy. Wig is really soft.

Cons: Sizing is off for the pants, ordered men's small which is sized on their site at 30x30, but they're super long, at least 36 or so. Nothing a quick hemming job wont fix. It's odd cause the waist is correct at 30. Wig isn't as straight as in the picture and needs a bit of styling, but that's another easy fix. Honestly I wasn't expecting good things out of the wig at all from the reviews I've head of CosplayMagic wigs, but it's really not that bad at all.

Final Grade: A

Would have been A+ if the size was accurate to the charts for the pants, I guarantee no one that wears a small is tall enough to rock these bad boys without rolling up some pant legs =P

I'll upload some pictures of the costume later, lazy.
Yasiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #2635
fleo

Name of Commissioner: Epic Cosplay

Website/C.com gallery: www.epiccosplay.com

Character commissioned and series/video game: spiked layered short butterscotch wig

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: will update later.

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Ordered 3-16-2013 received 3-22-13

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Pros: The wig is thick and very well made. Shipping was quick and the price was good for the quality of the wig.

Cons: It's a little to big for my head, but it's not bad.

Comments: This is the first time I bought a wig online and I am very pleased on the outcome, especially since there was free shipping.

Grade: A+
fleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 01:01 AM   #2636
Ravefirell

Smile

Name of Merchant: Wigglamour
Website: http://myworld.ebay.ca/wigglamour?_t...p2047675.l2559
Item purchased: 1 short blond wig
Links to picture(s) of your received item: [Front] [Side]
Timeline: 2-3 weeks
Pros: Had no problems with them, wig was soft and styled nicely.
Cons: Wig cap felt a bit tight, my big head strikes again. );
Comments: A pretty average wig. It covers all areas so the wig cap doesn't show through, don't expect it to be on the thick side though.
Final Grade: B+
Ravefirell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #2637
Myzanaki

This review is for a commission I made in 2011, and I didnt realize this thread was here for feedback.

Name of Commissioner: Chlobits / EarlyBird Costumes / Chloe Early

Character commissioned Entire costumes for Chojuro and Mei Terumi from Naruto

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item Never got costume

Timeline (how long your order took to process) Never received costume, ordered 4-5 months in advance

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Ordered about 4-5 months in advance, and chlobits didnt start it until about 2 months ahead of time. Several excuses later, including my dog ate it, and never receiving it in the mail, even after I asked her to send it 2 day shipping and send me the bill (she never did). a week passes and than almost every way to contact her disappears (facebook deleted, etc)

Final Grade: F? cant really give nothing a grade
Myzanaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #2638
Aihr

Name of Commissioner: Milzarr Celrus or Errido on these forums.

Website/C.com gallery:http://<br /> http://www.cosplay.co...d.php?t=286647

Character commissioned and series/video game:
Fan made costume made from a contest.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
Never received.

Timeline (how long your order took to process):
I believe I've been waiting over seven months now.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Extremely nice! She answered all my questions I had regarding commissions. She was also fairly easy to get a hold of and responded swiftly to all my E-mails.

As for the cons... Well I've been waiting for well over seven months now and the last I heard from her was around two months ago. She actually has a few reviews in this threads that all turned out positive. I'd just like to know why she chose to scam me though I may be jumping to conclusions by calling it a scam. Only more time will tell I suppose.

The last I heard from her, she said the costume was very near completion.
Two months ago.

Final Grade:
Undecided.
Aihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #2639
viola_geek

Name of Commissioner: Chergnomebyl

Website/C.com gallery: http://meganmuggle.wix.com/hsellerscommissions
http://www.cosplay.com/member/175867/photos/

Character commissioned and series/video game: bow of Freljord Ashe from League of Legends

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3359969/
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...46075480_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...77354816_n.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Submitted commission request February 18th, received bow March 19th, needed for March 21st. We cut it close because I forgot to send my address.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: Fantastic to work with, got back to me about it the day I submitted my request. Great communication, very fast overall, especially considering I cut it really close when I submitted the request. I'm so happy with how it turned out! My cosplay was for PAX East 2013. People kept asking me about the bow, so I told them.

viola_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #2640
Oohlookshiny
Tired

Name of Commissioner: Squirrel Cosplay Cave
Website/C.com gallery: https://www.facebook.com/SquirrelCosplayCave?ref=stream
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Full costume Gum: Jet Set radio ( sans wig) http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files...gum__jsr_0.jpg
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dwyqvyvty...%20%285%29.JPG
Timeline (how long your order took to process) : 4 months -ish
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. Pros: Very helpful, responds quickly, answers all questions.
Beautiful sewing; The dress is spot-on, hemming, fitted, perfect. The neck of the dress was a little tight, but otherwise, it's perfect.
Gloves are comfy, beautifully done, the stars are stitched perfect, the fingers are a little long, but that might've been my fault on measuring. But if I pull them down, they fit perfect.
Helmet is PERFECT. Fits, comfy, PERFECTLY sewn. So happy.
Boot covers fit a little weird, like I will have to put more support around my thigh to keep them up at the level I need to walk in them, without the back scratching my knees. Other wise, they are perfect and easy to put on. They have velcro down the sides, so it's easy to slip on as well as little hooks to keep the back strap on.
Definitely commissioning them again