Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 699 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #2746
Megumi_Ai

Name of Commissioner : Arda Wigs
Website/C.com gallery : http://arda-wigs.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game : Pokemon Gijinka Chandulure My naruto OC Megumi Nekogaki, and a Gijinka Umbreon for the mask ball at TsubasaCon
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item - I ordered a Candy Striper wig in Orchid and a Eoywn wig in black I don't have photos but I will update once I take photos of them on !
Timeline (how long your order took to process)
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. I ordered the wig on Wednesday the 11th and it came this morning ! Great communication with the seller through email. Answered all my questions right away ! I love this wig shop and will be buying from them again in the future.
Final Grade: A++

Name of Commissioner Cosplay.com wig shop
Website/C.com gallery - shop.cosplay.com
Character commissioned and series/video game - Chandulure and Megumi once again .
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item - Don't have them as of yet but they are on the way.
Timeline (how long your order took to process) I ordered back on August 26 but the order didn't ship until last week . I ordered two Rose wigs one in black and one in Light Purple
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Bad communication through email. Though I contacted the Admin of cosplay.com and finally got a result. I PMed the Admin and they responded back. I finally got a tracking number last week. Though by the time I got it I had already ordered from Arda Wigs. However after the long wait Ill be sticking with Arda Wigs for now on.

Final Grade: D

TsubasaCon 2012 Cosplays-
Still Choosing
1.Kyubey - Madoka Magica
2. Fluttershy- MLP

Planned

Twilight Sparkle
Kyoko Sakura - Madoka Magica
Manami Tome - Madoka Magica
Sailor Moon.

Last edited by Megumi_Ai : 09-14-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Megumi_Ai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #2747
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

I love and support Arda Wigs 200%

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #2748
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Name of Commissioner: kittencupcake on Etsy

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Fionna from Adventure Time Hat

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...73851342_n.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process) : Paid for it on Aug. 30 it was Shipped Sept. 5 and I got it Sept. 12.

Describe your Experience: Was browsing the web looking for a Fionna hat and the Offical CN one has very flimsy ears so I wanted one that had ears that stayed up. Found this Etsy shop where they make them made to order for not a bad price. Shop page said it would be made/shipped in 1-2 weeks and it got to me in 1 week and 6 days I was surprised on how quick it got here. I have tried it on once and it fits perfect and the ears hold up well.

Final Grade: A+
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #2749
ProGamer023

Cosplay Fox

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay Fox
Website/C.com gallery: thecosplayfox.deviantart.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: Wig for Rydia of Mist from the game Final Fantasy IV.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://thecosplayfox.deviantart.com/...-wig-399502039
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Only about 3 weeks.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: She was quick to contact me when I asked about the project. She sent me a picture of the finished product to make sure that I was satisfied and then she shipped the wig quickly. Excellent service and a quality product!
Final Grade: A+ .... highly recommended!
ProGamer023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #2750
spiderz13

Commissioner: cosplaymandy
Website/C.com gallery: http://s530.photobucket.com/user/cos...?sort=6&page=1

Item: Protoman's Helmet
Pictures:I don't have public pictures available

Timeline: About 1 month

Describe your Experience.

Mandy was great on making the helmet. Clear with me, to the point and got the job done nicely and on cost. I will be using it at NYCC this year. I will be using her in the future.

Final Grade: A
spiderz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #2751
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

Name of Commissioner: Ichigo M.
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/87394/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Utena Rose Bride ball gown.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i41.tinypic.com/2lw2jp4.jpg (with hoopskirt and not yet completed) http://i40.tinypic.com/33b3hwo.jpg (Completed without the hoopskirt)

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About 3 months. July-September
Describe your Experience.

Where do I even start.

Ichigo M was an absolute dream to work with. I checked out her website and it said she specialized in ballgowns. After seeing her C.C gown and her Euphemia gown, I knew I had found my commissioner. I immediately emailed her and she got back to me right away. We settled on the price and a payment plan. I sent her the first two payments and measurements. Right away, she emailed me back stating she had bought the fabric already and was getting to work on my gown.

She then soon sent me a progress photo of the gown. I was just stunned. It wasn't even finished yet and it looked amazing already. She sent me a final photo of the entire cosplay even before I sent her the final payment!

I sent her the final payment about two weeks ago and she shipped it out right away. My deadline wasn't even until November!

The photo doesn't do it justice. I pull it out of the package and I'm floored by the cosplay. It's exactly how I wanted it but better.

As a bonus, I didn't even know she did this. She made the teal skirt around the top of the skirt, detachable with snaps for easy storage and the little gold balls on the shoulder pads detachable with snaps as well. Imagine my surprise! I completely love the idea of detachable pieces.

Edit: The skirt somehow was not fitting correctly around my hoopskirt when it arrived and I contacted her to correct the problem even though she had stated she had stopped taking commissions for the time being. She ended up making me a brand new skirt during Thanksgiving Break and shipping it quickly! The skirt came out even more beautiful this second time around if that's even possible. She only charged me for the materials!

I ended up wearing it to Con-Alt-Delete and it was well received! I got so many compliments including one from Vic Mignogna himself.

Pros:
Amazingly friendly, responds quickly, works fast and delivers!

Cons: Absolutely none!

Final Grade: A++++!

If I could, I would have something commissioned from her again!
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014

Last edited by Marbleyes : 02-18-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Marbleyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 01:20 AM   #2752
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

Name of Commissioner: EZ Cosplay

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.ezcosplay.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Bass Armstrong of Dead or Alive 5 (vest, shirt, do rag, belts, and pants

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.missionstartpodcast.com/1...-about-it.html

Timeline (how long your order took to process) : Paid for it on August 30, 2012. Received on December 12, 2012.

Describe your Experience: Commissioned a custom costume and asked for the vest and pants. The contact person offered the do rag, belts, and shirt as well. Early good communication broke down quickly. Several e-mails were not returned and the costume arrived without notice only 2 weeks before I was to wear it at a convention. The costume arrived in poor quality, with several parts not as ordered or as referenced from pictures. The materials were cheap, the seams uneven, and I was told that their sewing staff is not good at design work. They eventually agreed to a partial refund with the rest to be returned when they received the costume back. The costume was mailed back on December 18, 2012 and I have yet to receive the rest of my money.

Although I expressed my displeasure, they have since added this costume to their catalog for regular sale.

The link I referenced in my pictures includes a detailed review of the product.

Final Grade: F+

Last edited by Freight : 09-28-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #2753
Dreamerwolf

Name of Commissioner: Ends Beginning
Website/C.com gallery: http://tray-kun.deviantart.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Doctor Who prop - Jammie Dodger cookie
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ps042a1572.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...psb0248b8b.jpg
based on this: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...psddc795ec.jpg
Timeline: About 2 weeks
Describe your Experience: A very good experience! I posted a wanted ad and EB was one of the people who replied to it. Communication was always quick and I was given updates frequently without having to ask for them. I got an update after each step of the process. The price was very reasonable...basically an easy, flawless transaction. My only critique is that it could probably have used a second coat of paint, but the work of the mold carving is very nice, the casting is great (no cracks and seems quite sturdy yet remarkable light) and considering I wanted it in a fairly short deadline (By Halloween), I'm happy! I would certainly recommend EB as a prop maker.
Final Grade: A
-Doctor Who: Femme 11
-'Furry' Tardis, as a cat

Possible Future
-Femme 11 (7b - Purple coat)
-Rose, New Earth
-Femme 4
Dreamerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #2754
cinnabubbles
Sugar and Rainbows

Thumbs up

Name of Merchant: hf920 / BingoShop

Item purchased (please include quantity) Oerba Dia Vanille wig x1

Links to picture(s) of your received item:

Packaging [Outside]
Packaging [Inside]
Worn
Worn 2 [For sillies, Homestucks will get this]

Order Date: October 3rd, 2013
Ship Date: October 4th, 2013
Delivery Date: October 15th, 2013

Ordering was a breeze, was shipped out the next day. It hung out in limbo for quite a while [expected with overseas orders!] until it popped up in New York on the 12th. It was packed up nicely and the seller also included a free wig cap. The wig fit perfectly [Something I was worried about ordering from overseas and having a what I thought was a huge head.] and did not smell like it was sitting around for ages.

Final Grade: A+

Connect With Me Socially: Tumblr / Facebook / Twitter
cinnabubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #2755
TwilightRoxas

Graceasaur F-

Name of Commissioner
Graceasaur

Website/C.com gallery

Character commissioned and series/video game
Kingdom Hearts Roxas + Sora Wigs

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
No pictures received

Never received

To put it bluntly, she took the money and ran.
Happy to reply to messages until I'd sent her the money and then rarely got any contact, she now hasn't logged in for exactly 1 month.
Never ever consider commissioning her, no matter how pleasant she comes across before hand, I learnt that the hard way.
Perhaps it's time for the mods to consider the removal of her account? Seems she does this a lot.

Final Grade:
F-

Last edited by TwilightRoxas : 10-17-2013 at 08:24 AM.
TwilightRoxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #2756
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightRoxas View Post
Name of Commissioner
Graceasaur

Website/C.com gallery

No pictures received

Never received

Happy to reply to messages until I'd sent her the money and then rarely got any contact, she now hasn't logged in for exactly 1 month.
Never ever consider commissioning her, no matter how pleasant she comes across before hand, I learnt that the hard way.
Perhaps it's time for the mods to consider the removal of her account? Seems she does this a lot.

Final Grade:
F-
She's been scamming and then laying low...then scamming again. I almost fell into her trap a while ago. Thankfully, she stopped responding and disappeared. Horrible to see she's back at it. Sorry for the experience you had.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #2757
TwilightRoxas

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
She's been scamming and then laying low...then scamming again. I almost fell into her trap a while ago. Thankfully, she stopped responding and disappeared. Horrible to see she's back at it. Sorry for the experience you had.
Yep, found all that out a month after I paid her. Being new to cosplay.com I didn't think to check for a reviews area, I just kinda assumed someone who had been a member for 3 years could be trusted.
Only got myself to blame though, I didn't do my research and was silly enough to send via a PayPal gift as she requested. x_x
TwilightRoxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #2758
angel wings
KIRAH! ^.~\m/✰

Quote:
Yep, found all that out a month after I paid her. Being new to cosplay.com I didn't think to check for a reviews area, I just kinda assumed someone who had been a member for 3 years could be trusted.
Only got myself to blame though, I didn't do my research and was silly enough to send via a PayPal gift as she requested. x_x
i was sadly one of the people she scammed thankfully i didnt send my payment as a gift. sure i got my money back but she stole my wig that i sent her she ask her questions check on a status of a commission she will just give you a bunch of excuses. ive never been so pissed in my life. i couldnt agree more that she should be banned for scamming
Unread 10-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #2759
LalaFTL
Red

Name of Commissioner: Wynderkind Studios
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/wynderkind/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): 12" Night Elf ears
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ps5a1c055a.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Met deadline with ease

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
I have a cheap pair of long elf ears I bought a few years back for an Illidan costume, but I found Wynderkind's ears on a random Google search and fell in love immediately. They are gigantic! So I Emailed her and asked for a quote, and bought them immediately after. We had a shipping mishap that ended up being both our faults, but Tara was awesome and reshipped immediately after the dreaded post office returned them to her.

Communication was constant and informative throughout - she even had to recast a pair due to air bubbles and I'm happy she made another pair just right. The quality of these things is wonderful; they are a bit heavy due to the thickness of the latex, but they will most likely last me forever with proper care. I still need to figure out how I'm going to attach them, as they're too heavy for spirit gum, but these things are perfect for a night elf.

Final Grade: A+! Thank you so much, Tara!

Past:
Blizzcon 2009 -- Blood elf in Lovely Black Dress (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2010 -- Illidan Stormrage, post-op (WoW)
Blizzcon 2011 - Day 2 -- Female barbarian, medium armor/concept art (Diablo III)
Phoenix Comic Con 2012-2013 -- Eldon Ax (Star Wars: Fatal Alliance)
Present:
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 1 -- Elitist Nostalgia Brigade (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 2 -- Darkmoon Rabbit (World of Warcraft)
LalaFTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #2760
Melancholy Wish
Tsundere

Quote:
Name of Commissioner
Graceasaur

Website/C.com gallery

No pictures received

Never received

Final Grade:
F-
I'm glad I didn't commission her. I saw her shitty wigs and laughed at the price she was trying to charge and new she had to be a scammer, but had no proof.

Arcade Sona from League of Legends
Esmeralda- Disney
Meru from Legend of Dragoon.
Sayaka Miki- Magica Madoka
Yang-RWBY
Looking for people to hang out with at Ax2014
Melancholy Wish is offline   Reply With Quote