Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1324 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #16
Winter Divinity
夢は永遠に反響する

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalinjection View Post
Name of Commissioner: DizzyLizzy
Website/C.com gallery: Website / Cosplay.com Gallery
Character commissioned and series/video game: Rukia from Bleach (wig)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Here.
Timeline: She originally contacted me on February 9, 2007 & she finished on May 8, 2007.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Very quick to respond to emails, extremely friendly, kept me up to date with every part of the process (emailed me when she ordered the wig, emailed me when it arrived, emailed progress shots), overall I am VERY impressed and definitely hope to do business with her again!
Final Grade: A+
This must be a typo, you say she finished on May 8, 2007. Either that or I am waaay behind in the past. lol
Winter Divinity is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #17
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyori View Post
This must be a typo, you say she finished on May 8, 2007. Either that or I am waaay behind in the past. lol
Oops, yeah, I meant march! XD I'll go change that right now XD;
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #18
Roleplaywulf
Cosplay is good eats

Name of Commissioner: QQcosplay
Character commissioned and series/video game: Two Shinigami outfits from Bleach
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: (Sorry for low quality photos. The costume in general is great) Pic 1 Pic 2
Timeline: I commissioned them at the start of December, and recieved both and I believed I received them at the of December.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Their prices are incredible. They are very friendly and they accepted money orders, which is a big thumbs up for me. They were very kind and managed to finish the costumes for my twin and I by the end of December. The Costumes came in a plastic package with no harm. They were free of wrinkles. The best thing of all, they made the pants Hakamas for no extra charge! The original shinigami costumes they made were not pelted hakamas, and they managed to make them for me and they are EXCELLENT. As for cons, they costumes were alittle big. It wasn't nothing big, but my chest would sometimes show because of the size. I bet it wasn't their fault, it must have been wrong measurements I gave them. Other than that, the costume was excellent and I am very very glad I commissioned from them. I will happy to shop with them again.
Final Grade: B-

If more photos are needed, please let me know!

Wulf ||| DeviantART

«Next Convention» Ohayocon
«Finished»
Toon Wolf Link (retired)
«In Progress» Klonoa, Um Jammer Lammy, Josh (SH5)
«Planning/ On Hold» Toon Link, Lucas, Donald, Midna

Last edited by Roleplaywulf : 03-11-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Roleplaywulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #19
aoisakura
=^._.^=

Quick question- I had a really bad commision from honestdragon really big and inaccurate colours and all that- HOWEVER I canibalised it and re made the whole costume (guess that's what i get for being lazy >_>) thus have no photos of the old product, just the remade item which imo (ofcourse I made it XD) is a good costume....should I put a review up or not?
Unread 03-11-2007, 03:44 PM   #20
Yo-Yo
I Love Lamp

I think you should, just for the slot put down a description of it and say what you just said.
That's what I'd do.'M not saying I'm perfect, but.. xD
I think we all deserve to see how bad Honest Dragon is so we'll never commission from them.

Btw, I think this thread deserves a sticky <3

Last edited by Yo-Yo : 03-11-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #21
aoisakura
=^._.^=

Name of Commissioner: HonestDragonChina

Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/honestdragonc...meZL2222QQtZkm

Character commissioned and series/video game: Mithra RSE, Final Fantasy XI Online

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: After months of pestering and contacting the seller again and again I just settled for the option of not doing anything and remaking my costume by taking the bits of costume apart and re-sewing it to actually fit me and be the right colours (more on this later) Therefore I have no photos of the original product but am reviewing as I think people should be aware when getting costumes from them. This is the photo of the costume they used: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1015382 but this is clearly not what I got, nothing near it- the photo looks lke an official costume from Square Enix (Reason i bought it in the first place)

Timeline
(how long your order took to process): 2 Months from me paying to costume getting to me.

Pros: One of the very few to offer FFXI costumes for that price. The quality of the actual fabric wasn't bad at all- they used a type of fabric I would have chosen for the costume myself. The Gauntlet bit of the costume (not shown on the photo) was very well made.

Cons: They told me AFTER I paid that they are having a holiday so won't be able to make my costume for atleast a month after I paid. Fair enough, as I wanted the costume quite a bit as it looked great in the photo I was willing to wait. Asked me for my measurements, I make clothes and costumes myself so had no problem with providing that. On the 2nd month of me waiting the costume arrived. Had pencil marks everywhere on the chest, skirt.

The whole costume was lined with a horrible glittery gold fabric that had nothing to do with the actual costume. The gloves that were meant to go under the gauntlets were very small, maybe for a child about 5 years old...I don't have large hands at all but they were wayy to small even for me. And most of all the whole costume (Top, bra type thing on top, skirt) was made for someone about 4 dress sizes bigger than me. (I know this as my friend who's about 2 sizes bigger tried it on but some bits were baggy on her) Same with the leg armour bits, way too big. And the neck piece was very wonky and I could wear the thing as a hat it was massive and nowhere near the size of my neck. Brown accent in the middle of the skirt panels was missing alltogether.

I contacted the commissioner and they accused me of providing the wrong measurements (but I hardly think I can make a mistake so large). After quite a few more emails they agreed to re-make the skirt and top for me. I made sure I measured myself properly and send the measurements.
A month later the replacements came back, about 3cm smaller than the older ones but still much too big for me.

At this point I gave up and decided to pull both costumes apart and use bits from both to make my own costume that actually fitted me as I knew it wasn't going to get sloved by the commisioner. (I pulled the top in, tightened the bra type thing on top, took in the skirt, relined whole costume with the right colour taping, added the brown detail to skirt)

The costume cost me about $130 which I think is quite expencive for about a meter of red fabric + a few meters of coloured fabric tape....

Also communication was slow and it took almost a week for an email to come back to me the moment things got bad....

Final Grade:
D-

Last edited by aoisakura : 03-11-2007 at 07:07 PM.
aoisakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #22
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Thanks for the tale of caution, aoisakura; I hope things turn out better for you in the future ^^ Glad it was salvageable.

List is updated! I rearranged the layout a bit to better accomodate multiple reviews; if anyone has a suggestion for more convenient organization, I am definitely open to it
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 05:29 PM   #23
Usachan
cosplay dreams come true

Name of Commissioner: AnnAnime

Character commissioned and series/video game: Super Sailor Moon

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:

http://animecostumes.awardspace.com/...oon%21.htm

Timeline: Originally we agreeded upon $50 for material fees and
such and I sent a money order around December and agreeded to send
the final check for costume around January was $85 and accessories were
were thrown in for free, as the contract was written to say she agreeded to.

Pros: She does a great job on costumes and I chose her based on both
experience in making such a costume and because she and I negotated
a price together and it was very kind of her to go as low as that, I felt
very lucky and blessed and very excited to finally go as a Sailor Senshi.

Cons: Last week after a month and a half insisting she'd have my costume
done BEFORE March was saying she had been very busy getting other
commisions done. Which I can understand but I was the first person to
get priority on my costume done and shipped out. I can understand that
my wig is also delayed but that's from a different comissioner alltogether.

Comments: I can understand how a bad memory can blind a judgement
about time and date, but I wish she would refer to the contract that I
made for her and me to know when I wanted, plus would respond to my
PM's or emails. I still plan on hoping to recieve everything before August
for my next anime convention, and though it sounds like I'm bashing her
here I'm not as I do have great respect and patience for her and I just
hope she can get her comissioner act, as I've been excited for months now.

Final Grade: C+
Usachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 05:41 PM   #24
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

List Updated!

When there's a change with your order, Usachan, please edit your review post appropriately with pictures of your received product (if it arrives) and a further description of how everything concluded; this list is ideally for transaction good or bad which have already been completed. I still updated with your listing, so all you need to do is update your original post as things progress ^^
Unread 03-11-2007, 08:56 PM   #25
Mucai
Magical Girl

I've made 3 commissions, 2 good, 1 not so good... but they were more like one of things. They don't really take commissions as a normal thing.
Should I still review them since they don't normally take commissions?
Mucai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 09:54 PM   #26
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caloris View Post
I've made 3 commissions, 2 good, 1 not so good... but they were more like one of things. They don't really take commissions as a normal thing.
Should I still review them since they don't normally take commissions?
If they're still in business, I would recommend it ^^ Even if they only take two or three, have quite a few breaks where they don't accept any, etc.
If they only do commissions for friends or under very special circumstances, however, probably not; this is a resource for those seeking to hire commissioners, and it would be a shame if people started bombarding your commissioner with requests when they don't accept them from the public ^^
Unread 03-12-2007, 02:10 AM   #27
Mucai
Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
If they only do commissions for friends or under very special circumstances, however, probably not
No reviews then
Mucai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2007, 03:21 AM   #28
4ng31
meh.

Name of Commissioner : Human_Go (eBay)

Website/C.com gallery : http://stores.ebay.com/human-go-cosp...Q3amesstQQtZkm

Character commissioned and series/video game : Sora (Valor Form) - Jacket, Pants, Gloves, Shoes, and Under-shirt

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item : http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...0&member=61208

Timeline (how long your order took to process) : From payment to having the costume in my hands was approximatly 20 days.

Pros : Incredible speed, amazing prices, pretty good accuracy, very nice and was constantly in communication with me about the progress.

Cons : Some pics for autions may not be theirs, but after e-mailing them, they sent me a picture of their costum make, so I knew what I was getting.

Comments : This costume was perfect for me...everything fit very well...it's put together very well...and it looks great. Plus the love the material and the pants...the pants are awesome

Final Grade : A+
Unread 03-12-2007, 03:28 AM   #29
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Thanks so much for the submission List is updated!
Unread 03-12-2007, 08:07 AM   #30
Pretty_Kitty
Lost in space....

Name of Commisioner: GoddessBoutique.net http://www.goddessboutique.net
Costume: Young Yoruichi: Fulll costume (Except captains coat, was made by someone else.)
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=988853
February 2006 – August 2006

Pros: Lainey from Goddess Boutique has super fast responses, and she tries to keep you updated on what’s going on as best as she can. Also their prices aren't too bad. She seems really nice and serious about her work.

Cons: The whole costume did not fit me. The top which should've had some way to snap around and secure itself to me was just a piece of fabric that flapped around and needed to be pinned shut. In fact the whole costume seemed rushed. It wasn't carefully constructed and because of that we had to alter some parts of the costume (including the hakama) and make the captains coat just to cover the imperfections. Also, I requested to have the costume a few days before the con. She expressed shipped it but I didn't get it till the day of my convention. I ended up not wearing it.

Comments: I had extremely high hopes for this costume but was let down. I'm not sure if I would ever commission from them again. However, I think the mistakes were due to the death in her family which happened around the time my costume was due. I have heard many people had great experiences with them so it may just be my loss this time.

Final Grade: C+

Seeya At!

Last.fm * Live Journal
Cherry Blossom Tree Festival / Otakon 10' / AUSA 10'
Random Lolita Outfits

Last edited by Pretty_Kitty : 03-12-2007 at 08:20 AM. Reason: error
Pretty_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote