Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1428 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-14-2007, 09:48 PM   #331
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieshu View Post
I too commissioned them for a Mai Valentine Costume and a Seto Kaiba Jacket. I gave her all the money up front and she left me hanging until the day of the con, telling me it would come. She never gave me the pictures of the costume she promised and she had me up all night trying to get a hold of her. I ended up getting her phone number from a friend and ended up talking to some guy, be it her friend or boyfriend and yelling at him for all the stress she put me through. I gave her 6 months to do the costumes and got nothing. BUT-- (Because I guess I became very scary with all my yelling) they gave me my money back along with an extra 100 dollars because I was so crazy and mad.
O_O Perhaps I can ask you to share that # with me then. I am out quite a bit of money now for patterns I will never get, that I could have used. Sad...really it is

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #332
hi.to.ri
o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHs_Sora View Post
She is an amazing comissioner and you shouldnt be scared. You can ask her directly on her thread here for a quote or something. Her cosplay.com thread is here:http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...=74302&page=15
wow, thank you so much!! i wonder why that thread didn't come up when I searched the forums..>_<

I'll be sure to order right away!! thanks!!!
2. Archer
3. Takemoto (Honey and Clover)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hi.to.ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 11:36 PM   #333
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Hitori- Don't worry The costume I got from him (I am 95% sure that the main person is indeed male) was absolutely terrific.
Weird email addresses yes, but the gmail is a confirmed paypal account.

~Ari-chan
Unread 08-16-2007, 03:58 PM   #334
KHs_Sora
Got Kingdom Hearts?

oops forgot it was a guy ^^; *He
Unread 08-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #335
Anstice
Mostly Harmless

Name of Commissioner: nugrosjp
Website/C.com gallery: www.cosplay1.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): An over shirt for a Yu-Gi-Oh character
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item- None as of yet, I'll find a camera somewhere.
Timeline (how long your order took to process)- Received quote July 10th, costume received August 10th
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Pros: I hard nothing but good things coming from them and after looking at the thread, I was confident that the costume was going to be exceptional. The stitching is immaculate, it's lined, made out of good material. The replies were very prompt and I got the shirt earlier than expected even with the complications. Super cool.

Cons: To start, was the mix up of costumes. August 7th, I received someone else’s costume. Upon e-mail, I discovered that the wrong address was put on each different costume, meaning someone else got my costume. I figured fine, the costume is going to be excellent, so I went to the post office and dropped an additional thirty dollars to get a nicer box, pay for shipping insurance, plus the standard shipping fee (the other person had a full three piece costume commissioned, hence it cost a bit more to ship.)

When I tried the costume on, I was very disappointed. The sleeves went past my elbow and the rest of it went down to my knees. I provided loads of reference pictures and my measurements were exact. Upon e-mailing them, I was told that I could go to a tailor and have it hemmed. I may be a sewing newbie, but I know enough that hemming is going to cost more than I initially paid for the costume considering it is more than five inches too long.

Yesterday, I got an e-mail saying that the person I sent the costume to has not got it yet. Right now, there are is a lot of stuff going on and having extra stress over this mix-up really isn’t the best thing in the world.

Overall: I am disappointed. This whole ordeal has really put me off of comissioning anything in the future. However, I understand no one is perfect so some error is to be expected; the mix up isn't entirely their fault.

Final Grade: B-

Last edited by Anstice : 08-18-2007 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Changed the grade
Anstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 02:44 PM   #336
zoupzuop2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoupzuop2 View Post
Chibified Cosplay
www.chibifiedcosplay.com
Ranma Saotome (male) Wig and shirt
(Can't find the pictures)
February 2007 -- Current day
Pros: EXCELLENT contact up until the beginning of May, had progress pictures ready on demand, very easy to work with.
Cons: Seems to have fallen off the face of the earth since the beginning of May.
Comments: I sent her the money around about February, and she kept in constant, consistent contact with me. She showed me progress pictures, asked for input... she was an absolute dream to work with.
Then in May she failed to show up absolutely anywhere. She had 4 (recently, 5 with the addition of a cell phone) means of contacting me and she did absolutely nothing. I found that I was not the only one left in the cold over that course of time, and have remained just about livid up to this point.
Final Grade: Reserving judgement. Needless to say, though, she's certainly not getting much higher than a B-. K****** (name kept out for her own sake), I'm DIRELY disappointed. If you've been honest, I'm incredibly sorry for whatever has happened, that you would need to desert so many of us. If you've simply decieved us, you at least had me convinced. In either case, PLEASE, at LEAST update your site to let us know what's going on!!!
About ¾ of a year since I comish'd her, and not even a response. I've already sic'd the BBB on her tush, so... safe to say, until I get SOME feedback, please update my grade of her to an F-. I kept my end of the bargain, but she failed to hold to the very contract SHE ESTABLISHED. My contacting of the BBB is just a means of upholding my contact with her. This has gone beyond just a failure to contact and now has become a SCAM unless proven otherwise with a CLEAR and OBVIOUS report to myself.

Legal action has been taken, K******. You brought this on yourself.
zoupzuop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2007, 07:44 AM   #337
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoupzuop2 View Post
please update my grade of her to an F-.
List has been updated appropriately ^^ Do keep us up-to-date, and please alter your original post accordingly so that the index and your review match <3 Thank you!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2007, 12:28 PM   #338
Narutoking

Name of Commissioner: nugrosjp
Website/C.com gallery: www.cosplay1.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): pink costume from Gundam Seed
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item- Will give update soon
Timeline (how long your order took to process)- Received today, 3 weeks from the first I sent her an email.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Pros: I very adore her works. All the photos and communication skill of her amaze me . Actually I bought premade one, since I need it for an office cosplay party in my office. I need it fast , since I love gundam seed anime, I bought the costume she already made.
I am new in making costume online, but just by touching the material and see the work she made, I know how much skillfull this girl really is, eventhough this is premade, the costume fit well on me. (I don`t know for sure the commissioner is a boy or a girl, but I think `she` will be appropriate)

Cons: Nothing that I can find, skill, communication, shipment with tracking number, all the explanation she made . All of it only shows good things about this commissioner

Overall: I love her work ,will put on next week for my office party. I would say recommended to everyone!!
Final Grade: AAA
Narutoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #339
fatalinjection
that's what she said

http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.p...&postcount=273 I went ahead and posted my final grade if you wanna put that up instead of 'pending'.
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2007, 10:41 PM   #340
delicatexflower
Burnin' the floor

Commissioner: Bright_Zanya
Gallery: http://forums.cosplay.com/member/16528
Character commissioned: Himiko Kudou (Get Backers), full costume
Links to picture(s): Will post soon.
Timeline: Paid-June 26 Recieved- August 27th
Pros: She responded quickly to all my emails. The materials she used is top notch and the finish product was much better than I anticipated for the price and time alotted to complete said costume.
Cons: The top is a little tight, but some excercise should fix that. xD Also the zipper is kinda funky and takes forever to zip and unzip.
Comments: Wonderful commissioner. I plan on contacting her for future projects.
Final Grade: A
Original kimono character
delicatexflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:57 PM   #341
Kyio
Active Lurker

Name of Commissioner: come-on-cosplay
Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/come-on-cosplay
Character commissioned and series/video game: Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss (entire costume)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Front - http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8998/img0927qw0.jpg
Back - http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4084/img0928uu5.jpg
Timeline: About 2 weeks.

Pros: Very good communication. At first, I thought that she was stealing pictures like most of the ebay-cosplay-makers do, but her pictures really ARE her pictures. The way it looks on her page is the way it comes out. And the way it comes out is extremely good. Costume also fits PERFECTLY. Usually, when I ebay a costume, they're a little tight around the hips or chest, but this one was 100% accurate.
Cons: Materials used are kinda cheap, but considering the price, it's understandable. Also, she did tell me that the order would be processed in 5 to 7 days and should be in my hands about 5 days after that ... about 17 days later, she finally sent it out, and I just got it today (basically, a 20 day wait instead of the (tops) 12 day wait she claimed it'd be). I don't know what the hold-up was, but since the next con I'm going to isn't until next year, it didn't bother me much at all.

Final Grade: A. If you see a really nice costume from come-on-cosplay on Ebay and you want to get it, have no fear -- just don't get it too close to the con you're going to wear it in ^_^;
~ Subaru Sumeragi ~ X/1999/Tokyo Babylon [80%/90%]
~ Hokuto Sumeragi ~ Tokyo Babylon [10%]
~ Judith or Yuri Lowell ~ Tales of Vesperia [0%]

Planned Props For 2008/2009
~ Dymlos for Stahn ~ [0%]
~ Better Ofuda for Subaru ~ [80%]
~ Lance/Spear/Idk-wtf-it-is for Judith ~ [0%]
Kyio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 10:58 PM   #342
tsuoi_kaze
PERSONA! *bang*

Bubydub
site/C.com: http://members.cosplay.com/member/47001/
Accessory; Exorcist coat buttons (D.Gray-Man)
Pic: http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/rawrness.jpg
(my avatar shows it's size)
Pros:
The buttons were accurate, well made, and quite lovely. Payment was easyfor me since I was able to send a money order, and shipping wasn't a problem at all! The cost was very reasonable, too, even though I ordered seven buttons.
Cons:
Communication was a bit slow, though that may have been partially my fault. And two of the buttons were chipped when I got them (easily fixed with a bit of super glue).
Comments:
I would definately commission items from this seller again, and I highly recommend her. This was my first and so far only commissioned order from anybody, and I'm glad it went so well.
Final grade: A-
tsuoi_kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 11:38 PM   #343
4ng31
meh.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Kanira (original poster) is out of town for the time being, but to make sure everyone keeps posting their experiences as the thread will be updated as soon as possible.

Last edited by 4ng31 : 08-30-2007 at 12:26 AM.
4ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2007, 03:07 AM   #344
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

Name of Commissioner: Tenshinoitami1
Website/C.com gallery: http://members.cosplay.com/member/563/
Character commissioned: Aeris, FF7 AC
Links to picture: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...0&member=64143 & http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...0&member=64143
Timeline: Less than a month from order to arrival.
Description of Experience: She was very easy to talk to, and she did a great job on the costume! She made the dress, bow and the jacket. Every edge of fabric was hemmed and it's been made for everyday wear. That's how I describe the level of talent she has! She was a bit hard to get a hold of sometimes, but nonetheless she never left me with any worries or anything. Costume arrived on time and in good condition.
Comments: I would order again from her anyday! She knows what she is doing and she does it well! Her price was very reasonable, infact if I knew how good the dress was going to turn out I would have paid her more. It took only 3 days for the dress to be shipped and I was happy. Do not be afraid to ask her for specific colors on a cosplay, I asked for two specific pinks for the Aeris dress and she matched them perfectly!
Final Grade: A

Last edited by zipperhead535 : 08-30-2007 at 03:10 AM.
zipperhead535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #345
sweet_magic
Wind User

Commissioner: Tess
Website/C.com gallery: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...0&member=18372
Character commissioned: Kaoru wig from Rurouni Kenshin
Links to picture: Pic (Courtesy of Tess)
Timeline: About a month from payment to recieving it.
Description of Experience: She was very professional thoughout the whole process, which made me feel more at ease since this was my first wig commission. She was able to work within my budget range and allowed me to give installed payments, rather than paying everything at once. Not to mention she followed through with my request for the wig to be at LEAST waist length if not longer. I was amazed at how quickly she styled the wig, because it took longer for the wig to arrive than the amount of time to style and ship to me. xD

Comments: I would commission her again, however the only problem that I could find with the wig is the bangs. The fact that they have gel (or it is alot of hairspray?) on them is a little bothersome. Especially since one side of the bang lays perfectly down, whereas the other sticks up kinda, looking a little out of place. Other than that everything is fine. I know long wigs tend to tangle VERY easily, but I plan on getting some detangler product to fix that soon.

Final Grade: A-
My Cosplay Media Group
Facebook- Project Kaleidoscope
DeviantArt- Project Kaleidoscope

Last edited by sweet_magic : 09-02-2007 at 12:43 AM.
sweet_magic is offline   Reply With Quote