Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 206 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-02-2007, 01:31 AM   #346
livvylove
.•° Loving Life °•.

Name of Commissioner: Cosplayying
Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/Cosplayying
Character commissioned and series/video game Haruhi Suzamiya and Kyon. The Winter Uniform and the Jacket and Tie
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1284803
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1284820
Timeline (how long your order took to process) I ordered late on Aug 22nd, got her the measurements a day or two later and received both outfits today September 1st
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros: Excellent communication. She(I'm guessing a she) replied to my questions about shipping discounts and basically anything I asked she had a reply within an hour. She was very nice and replied just to let me know she received all the measurements.

High Quality Material I absolutely love the fabric that was chosen and how it was made. It feels like a school uniform that was meant to be worn over and over again. Not cheap at all. When I tried to do the parts of the dance the skirt flowed perfectly. The belt buckle was a bit loose but I tightened it up and it's perfect. The outfit fits so well, the embroidery is professional level. With the Mans Jacket, It fits him so well. It really makes him look nice. The jacket was fully lined and so professional. Nothing about it screamed costume at all.

SpeedThis custom made outfit was made so quickly and arrived so fast. I was hoping to get it before the 20th but never did I except to have it so quick.

I really love this outfit. It's great and I can't wait to wear it.

Cons: Hmm If I wana be nit picky the bow was a little long. Other then that the whole experience was perfect.

Final Grade:A+ if I could give higher I would

2011 Conventions
Momocon
SeishunCon
Dragon*Con
AWA
ATL Comic Con

Deviant ArtTwitterLivejournalMyspaceTumblr

Last edited by livvylove : 10-08-2007 at 09:36 PM. Reason: added links to pictures
livvylove is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-02-2007, 02:03 PM   #347
Ashenine
Nina

Name of Commissioner: Yumeko/Onineko.net
Website/C.com gallery: http://onineko.net/
C.com Gallery
Character commissioned and series/video game: Two full costumes : Rin and Humanized Alpha from Yume Kira Dream Shoppe

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item There won't be (ever D: )

Contact started on June 2nd, 2007. Payment was done on two parts and sent on the same month.

Communication Started out great, she would e-mail me with the terms of agreement, asked any detail concerning the costumes and agreed to do sent them a week before the convention.
So I sent the payments for both cosplays, the total was $350 shipping included to be received on July 20th, 2007. She promised to keep me updated.

It's been three months and no costumes.

Here's the last message.

"I'm sorry, normally I do not let personal matters conflict with my work, but this was an issue that no matter what prevented me from keeping my schedule due to me having to find a doctor. I am however back on track but sadly I grossly missed your due date and I do apologize for that. Hopefully I should have it done and shipped within a weeks time. I will try to do my best to keep you posted. " (July 28th, 2007)

Comments:
I'm sorry, I wish I could add more.

Final Grade:
F-

Costumes:Sebastian Michaelis [Kuroshitsuji]//Kotone[Pokemon Silver/Gold]//Miku Hatsune [VOCALOID]//Megurine Luka [VOCALOID]//Vanille [FF13]

Member of INAF Cosplay Group
Ashenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2007, 10:54 PM   #348
Pink Spider
Irreplaceable Flower

Name of Commissioner: CuteKawaii (Cygne Noir)
Website/C.com gallery: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=124994
Character commissioned and series/video game: Aeris Gainsborough from Final Fantasy VII (dress, jacket, and accessories) and Eiko Carol from Final Fantasy IX (All but gloves and shoes)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item : http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=482098http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...0&member=20376 (( On the last page, there are pictures of Eiko))
Timeline (how long your order took to process): The ordering itsself took a few days. The complete process was done with in a few months. Very fast and nice I would say!
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:
Pros: Aeris - The costumes are absolutely gorgeous! The dress fit my form beautifully! She even told me it would look nice on curves...she couldn't have been more right! That jacet is absolutely precious...the shoulders are so nice and it kist looks fantastic and has working pockets! I put the hair bow, materia accessories and neck ribbon in them for storage. She even put a built in bra in the dress. I absolutely adore his costume. I have worn it so many times!

Eiko - It's so cute! The wings are my favorite part! They came out so pretty! My litle sister is very fond of the large hair bow. The whole costume is just adorable and looks so cute on my little sister. She was so thrilled to get the costume!

Cons: Aeris - The arm cuffs were a bit too big for my hands and were a bit itchy. I made my own, so it wasn't a huge deal. I didn't mind. The cuffs on the jacket are begning to fall apart...but..that's nothing a little hot glue can't fix.

Eiko - The gloves weren't finished, but...she did inform me and I agreed. Not a huge con. haha. The wings were hard to get straight on her back. They would tip a little.

Comments: She was absolutely fantastic. She was fast, and responsive. She kept me updated with progress and how she was doing and any additions or things she could do with the costume. The overall pricing reasonable as well! She was also very very nice to me durring the whole process. I remember changing a few things a couple times with payments and such, and she was very nice and flexible with the procress. Definatly a delight!! I'm so please with the results!

Final Grade: A+ for sure!

Last edited by Pink Spider : 09-05-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Pink Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 09:54 PM   #349
Phantom Dark
Step into the Darkness...

Name of Commissioner: BlueCosplayAnge
Website/C.com gallery: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=7936
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Syaoran’s Flame Outfit (Tsubasa manga) Complete outfit
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...priortored.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...priortored.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...backdrape2.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...81/flame03.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...81/flame04.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...81/flame05.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Paid in July due mid-September

Describe your Experience:
Pros: She seemed pretty decent with communication, and from what I saw in her galleries, she looked promising, but…

Cons: After paying in full, communication practically DIED, and every time I sent her a PM or something, I wouldn’t get a response until way later even though she had signed onto this site. She has also been avoiding me on AIM, and I assume she has blocked me. I have progress shots (I can show them if you want) that aren’t very promising as the flames don’t look like flames. I’m just very disappointed as I was told that it’d be shipped this past Friday…I have yet to receive it.

Comments: Buyer beware at this point.

Final Grade: Pending, however I’m leaning heavily towards F-.

Edit #1:
Have talked to commissioner and have tracking number for costume. Will update review once I receive it and see how it all fits. Pictures above are early updates of costume. Will post Final pics once I receive it today.

Edit #2:

I received the costume this week. I got it on Tuesday the 11th. The costume did not fit correctly and have contacted the commissioner. I have received a $100 refund due to the lateness of costume since I do need it for AWA next week. She is also remaking the parts of costume that didn't fit (obi belt, undershirt, kimono b/c the flames were not good). I have been told to expect it in my hands on Monday of next week. I will give another update then about the status of it.
Homura - Saiyuki
Akabane - GetBackers

Last edited by Phantom Dark : 09-13-2007 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Another Update on Costume Status
Phantom Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:00 PM   #350
Saeru
What is life w/o meaning?

hersha - I would be interested in seeing the progress photos, actually, and I think it would be beneficial for anyone else who might be considering that commissioner to see the work. ^.^
Saeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #351
AnimeAngelBlue
Cardcaptor Jae

His costume is in the mail, and I'd suggest he waits until he get his costume BEFORE posting this. AND I CAN PROVE IT WITH A TRACKING NUMBER. Other than that he's been a pleasure to deal with.

In general we really need to start a people to watch out for thread, for commissioners... there are a few comissionees that should be watched out for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Costumes::
Litchi Faye Ling - BlazBlue
Sakura-hime - Tsubasa Chronicles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Costumes I wanna make if I ever get around to it:
Ichihara Yuuko - XXXHOLiC
Kusakabe Maron - Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by AnimeAngelBlue : 09-10-2007 at 09:33 PM.
AnimeAngelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2007, 10:27 PM   #352
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCosplayAnge View Post
His costume is in the mail, and I'd suggest he waits until he get his costume BEFORE posting this. AND I CAN PROVE IT WITH A TRACKING NUMBER. Other than that he's been a pleasure to deal with.

In general we really need to start a people to watch out for thread, for commissioners... there are a few comissionees that should be watched out for.
Posting here was the only reason I got my costume from you in time for my con, the very day before the con, though I was supposed to have it much sooner (and it ended up being innacurate when it finally got here). I don't think he's in the wrong here by posting this before receiving his costume.
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2007, 08:36 AM   #353
AnimeAngelBlue
Cardcaptor Jae

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalinjection View Post
Posting here was the only reason I got my costume from you in time for my con, the very day before the con, though I was supposed to have it much sooner (and it ended up being innacurate when it finally got here). I don't think he's in the wrong here by posting this before receiving his costume.
Sweetheart, if your costume was so horribly inaccurate, then why are you flauntingly wearing it in the majority of your pictures? If it was that horribly inaccurate, you wouldn't've been able to wear it now, would you? Not only that, but you never contacted me about that when you received the costume, and also you never mentioned in your post that I also gave you quite a large refund to make up for any delays on my part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Costumes::
Litchi Faye Ling - BlazBlue
Sakura-hime - Tsubasa Chronicles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Costumes I wanna make if I ever get around to it:
Ichihara Yuuko - XXXHOLiC
Kusakabe Maron - Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AnimeAngelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2007, 08:39 AM   #354
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Sweetheart, if your costume was so horribly inaccurate, then why are you flauntingly wearing it in the majority of your pictures? If it was that horribly inaccurate, you wouldn'tve been able to wear it now, would you?
Because when I got it, I had one night to fix it, and the majority ended up having to be with hot glue, sweetheart, since I am not a seamstress whatsoever. It's also why I'm currently getting it remade, by a commissioner who has just been lovely so far. If you REALLY want me to post the pictures of what it looked like before I altered it, I certainly can, but I don't know if you want to damage your reputation even further. They are on my hard drive at home if you'd like me to, however, just say the word.

Quite large refund? You gave me $60 and said it was for all of the labor costs. I highly doubt the materials cost $80. And I didn't have TIME to contact you about how innacurate it was, it arrived the day before my con. I had no other choice other than to try to fix it myself and still wear it.
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex

Last edited by fatalinjection : 09-11-2007 at 08:43 AM.
Unread 09-11-2007, 04:58 PM   #355
D-holla-J
Melodious Nocturne

Quote:
Sweetheart, if your costume was so horribly inaccurate, then why are you flauntingly wearing it in the majority of your pictures? If it was that horribly inaccurate, you wouldn't've been able to wear it now, would you? Not only that, but you never contacted me about that when you received the costume, and also you never mentioned in your post that I also gave you quite a large refund to make up for any delays on my part.
Being condescending toward dissatisfied customers is probably not the best way to rebuild a reputation from what they're saying. :/ Even if what you said about the commission was true, I now wouldn't ever commission from you just based on the way you're treating her when she obviously felt your work was lacking. Professionalism would've taken the situation in a better direction than sarcastic terms of affection and accusations.

In Progress:
Draenei Mage - World of Warcraft - 95% Completed
Fai D. Flowrite - Tsubasa - 70% Completed

D-holla-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 01:20 AM   #356
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Name of Commissioner: Cosaru

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosaru.com

Character commissioned and series: Byakuya Kuchiki (Jacket, Shinigami Robes, Scarf) - Bleach

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45...y/DSC01098.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Took a few weeks for it to start because there of course was a line, but I comissioned knowing this.

Pros: Amazing. I love everything about it. I was expecting the pants to be well....not a real Hakama. It is a real Kendo robe, I love it! The coat and all too, it was great! Even as a little gift, she sent some little Japanese Caramels I have yet to eat, haha. Also, she claims to give free shipping on the next costume if you provide her a picture of you wearing her costume, and I know I will do it! Also, when it was finished about three days after she had me on her calendar, I got it TWO DAYS LATER! THAT fast. I was stunned.

Cons: Not a problem against her, but if you don't know how to put on a Hakama, you might get lost like I did, but i figured it out. ^^;

Comments: I WILL be doing business with this person again. Lightning fast delivery and everything. I could not recommend this comissioner enough. Lacking a bit in the male costume department, but hey, she is top notch.

Final Grade: A+

Last edited by Larcenciel : 09-12-2007 at 01:37 AM.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 01:28 AM   #357
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyalis View Post
Wow, that looks terrible o.o I actually bought my uniform from them as well but it turned out beautifully. Maybe you can ask them for a return?
Same here. My only problem with that costume is that the belt has no hook area to it, so it just slides out. Nothing a safety pin can't handle I suppose. :S
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 08:34 PM   #358
livvylove
.•° Loving Life °•.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalinjection View Post
Because when I got it, I had one night to fix it, and the majority ended up having to be with hot glue, sweetheart, since I am not a seamstress whatsoever. It's also why I'm currently getting it remade, by a commissioner who has just been lovely so far. If you REALLY want me to post the pictures of what it looked like before I altered it, I certainly can, but I don't know if you want to damage your reputation even further. They are on my hard drive at home if you'd like me to, however, just say the word.

Quite large refund? You gave me $60 and said it was for all of the labor costs. I highly doubt the materials cost $80. And I didn't have TIME to contact you about how innacurate it was, it arrived the day before my con. I had no other choice other than to try to fix it myself and still wear it.
I think it would be in the best interest to post the before photographs. I also would update your review with all the post. Her replies are uncalled for and very unprofessional and should be added to the review just so people can be informed.

2011 Conventions
Momocon
SeishunCon
Dragon*Con
AWA
ATL Comic Con

Deviant ArtTwitterLivejournalMyspaceTumblr
livvylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 08:37 PM   #359
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by livvylove View Post
I think it would be in the best interest to post the before photographs. I also would update your review with all the post. Her replies are uncalled for and very unprofessional and should be added to the review just so people can be informed.
I don't really want to add the photos unless she comes and says something else, because she WAS nice enough to give me the partial refund, but if she comes in here being condescending to me or hersha again, I'll definitely be sure to. As for now, I think the two reviews against her + her own replies prove enough that no one should commission her.

But that's a good idea to add these replies to my post. I'll be sure to do that tomorrow.
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
Unread 09-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #360
Phantom Dark
Step into the Darkness...

Updated Status of my review..
Homura - Saiyuki
Akabane - GetBackers
Phantom Dark is offline   Reply With Quote