Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1433 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-27-2007, 12:16 AM   #481
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated-Updated!
Also, a news point:
The list has finally gotten to the length where I can no longer abbreviate the entries enough for them to all fit within the same post.
To solve this, entries A-M are now listed within the first post, with N-Z in the third. I have approached the mods on eliminating the second post which I have no control over, and getting the poster to re-post the review so the list goes uninterrupted, but they've been unresponsive ^^;
Have been playing with the idea of a separate site devoted to the list for quite some time now, and will start looking into actually implementing it Just for kicks.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed thus far, and let's keep it going! ^^
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-27-2007, 02:07 AM   #482
cutekawaii
Cos-BUSINESS

I think if you opened up like a free geocities site it would be a big help!

Fatal: have you considered making your binding skin colored?
cutekawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 05:03 AM   #483
GreyCat
Always in the background

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeluTivursky View Post
I'm waiting on a quote from Dream Angels myself for two costumes, chosen mainly for their good reviews here. Here's to hoping for the best!
Dream angels from ebay? If so... DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!

My friend bought their Aeris wig and she never got it. It was too late for her to file a complaint so she is out about 147$.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

Getting my fursona created for me, and unsure of any cosplays I will be creating.

I make furry mascot costumes. Please email me at Gettinfluzzy.com and check out Gettinfluzzy.webs.com for more pictures and info!
GreyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #484
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyCat View Post
Dream angels from ebay? If so... DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!

My friend bought their Aeris wig and she never got it. It was too late for her to file a complaint so she is out about 147$.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
I'm gonna have to say the numbers are against you here...

Quote:
Dream Angels
Full Costume A+
Full Costume A
Full Costume A+
Full Costume A
Full Costume A+
I've personally gotten 3 costumes from them, with 2 more on the way now, and haven't been let down yet...not to mention they are some of the nicest, most vocal, and professional commissioners that exist.

So I do believe you're gonna have to provide a bit more proof or such rather than just a DO NOT BUY...lol.
Unread 12-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #485
livvylove
.•° Loving Life °•.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka BMz View Post
I'm gonna have to say the numbers are against you here...

I've personally gotten 3 costumes from them, with 2 more on the way now, and haven't been let down yet...not to mention they are some of the nicest, most vocal, and professional commissioners that exist.

So I do believe you're gonna have to provide a bit more proof or such rather than just a DO NOT BUY...lol.
I'm glad you received all your costumes and had a good experience. It seems by looking at the feedback from ebay not everyone had the same experience so there might be some truth to her claim. Although it did seem that Dream Angels did try to make things right with the mistakes they made on ebay.

http://myworld.ebay.com/dream*angels

2011 Conventions
Momocon
SeishunCon
Dragon*Con
AWA
ATL Comic Con

Deviant ArtTwitterLivejournalMyspaceTumblr
livvylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #486
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livvylove View Post
I'm glad you received all your costumes and had a good experience. It seems by looking at the feedback from ebay not everyone had the same experience so there might be some truth to her claim. Although it did seem that Dream Angels did try to make things right with the mistakes they made on ebay.

http://myworld.ebay.com/dream*angels
I would say a 96.9% satisfied rating is pretty superb, especially when in terms of costuming and the fact that the asian sellers feedback ratings are inflated 99% of the time.

Again, in costuming, you can never please people 100% of the time, and doing it on ebay just heightens that.
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:34 PM   #487
GreyCat
Always in the background

Guys, she tried contacting them over 4 times and never got any kind of response.

I mean, hey. The costumes may be ok and being sold and delivered correctly but the wigs.. I dunno.
This is the EXACT wig she ordered just to have them list it again. Wig

If anyone else has another way to contact them other then on ebay, please tell me so we can get it worked out.
I mean, hey. It was almost 150$ for nothing. Wouldn't you be a bit peeved too?

Getting my fursona created for me, and unsure of any cosplays I will be creating.

I make furry mascot costumes. Please email me at Gettinfluzzy.com and check out Gettinfluzzy.webs.com for more pictures and info!
GreyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:03 PM   #488
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyCat View Post
Guys, she tried contacting them over 4 times and never got any kind of response.

I mean, hey. The costumes may be ok and being sold and delivered correctly but the wigs.. I dunno.
This is the EXACT wig she ordered just to have them list it again. Wig

If anyone else has another way to contact them other then on ebay, please tell me so we can get it worked out.
I mean, hey. It was almost 150$ for nothing. Wouldn't you be a bit peeved too?
I would be peeved too, but she uses her own wigs and that color brown is a pre-order. So I can understand if it is taking awhile, since I too ordered a brown base wig from her a few months ago, and It will not be arriving until the end of january. She can only order the wigs when she has enough orders.

I would try and contact her and see if there's anything she could do. But please try to understand if she doesn't have the wigs yet.

zipperhead535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 12:40 PM   #489
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

Odd because Dream Angels doesn't make their own wigs, they were working with Sakura Wigs, so was I would think it would be the wig makers fault. idk just from what I know, I thought I would add.

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #490
chisainekocat
Harr0

You've got a good point there, though it's still strange that Dream Angels wouldn't reply even if they were just collaborating with the wig makers. GreyCat, if it helps, here's Heki-chan's thread for advertising SakuraWigs' base wigs: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=120071. On the last page, she gives an email address, but it seems as if no one has gotten a reply since November. This person has had issues contacting her, too: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=120071.

As a last resort, maybe you can contact the admin. She is a board moderator, so perhaps the cosplay.com staff have information to reach her better.

My old cosplay group: JAC Productions (with Paro Paro Inc friends) jac-productions.com/
chisainekocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #491
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifa-chan0980 View Post
Odd because Dream Angels doesn't make their own wigs, they were working with Sakura Wigs, so was I would think it would be the wig makers fault. idk just from what I know, I thought I would add.
From what I understand, Sakura and Dream Angels are run by the same group of people. It's just two sections, Dream sells the costumes and does the ebay and Sakura is the wig seller. I could be wrong..

Unread 12-28-2007, 01:12 PM   #492
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

No you may be right, but I thought other wise. Well they must be just having some trouble. I want to give them the benifit of the doubt because their work is amazing. I have seen it at a con I just went to in Oct and I was so impressed. Again just my opion.

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 12-28-2007, 02:20 PM   #493
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifa-chan0980 View Post
No you may be right, but I thought other wise. Well they must be just having some trouble. I want to give them the benifit of the doubt because their work is amazing. I have seen it at a con I just went to in Oct and I was so impressed. Again just my opion.
I'm trying to be hopeful, because two of my cosplays depend on their base wigs coming in time. I hope you get your order soon!!

Unread 12-28-2007, 02:45 PM   #494
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

XD I haven't ordered. I can't aford anything right now *laughs* But I do hope it works out. I am sure you will get them. ^^

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 12-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #495
livvylove
.•° Loving Life °•.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka BMz View Post
I would say a 96.9% satisfied rating is pretty superb, especially when in terms of costuming and the fact that the asian sellers feedback ratings are inflated 99% of the time.

Again, in costuming, you can never please people 100% of the time, and doing it on ebay just heightens that.
Yes a 96% is not bad at all, but when you look at the negative responses from about a year ago they all said pretty much the same thing that GrayCat said. So there are people who had issues with Dream Angels and it shouldn't be discounted at all. The feedback negatives where proof that GrayCats claims are more then likely true. Which is what you where asking for.

2011 Conventions
Momocon
SeishunCon
Dragon*Con
AWA
ATL Comic Con

Deviant ArtTwitterLivejournalMyspaceTumblr
livvylove is offline   Reply With Quote