Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1437 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #496
GreyCat
Always in the background

Quote:
Originally Posted by livvylove View Post
Yes a 96% is not bad at all, but when you look at the negative responses from about a year ago they all said pretty much the same thing that GrayCat said. So there are people who had issues with Dream Angels and it shouldn't be discounted at all. The feedback negatives where proof that GrayCats claims are more then likely true. Which is what you where asking for.
D: More then likely true? It is. I know how it is to be a commissioner and slander to your name is just not cool.

Anywhooo, so I should try my best to get in contact with Sakura wigs and then go from there? Or is there another way to contact DreamAngels ebay besides the contact seller thing that anyone knows about?

Getting my fursona created for me, and unsure of any cosplays I will be creating.

I make furry mascot costumes. Please email me at Gettinfluzzy.com and check out Gettinfluzzy.webs.com for more pictures and info!
GreyCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2007, 07:46 PM   #497
-Kitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyCat View Post
D: More then likely true? It is. I know how it is to be a commissioner and slander to your name is just not cool.
If you're a commissioner and understand how bad slander can be then why the hell are you screaming "DO NOT BUY!"?

For one thing its an eyesore for the rest of us to see, for another you look like the empty can rattling pretty loud. If you want to give them the benefit of the doubt and have people actually consider your reasoning then you should post a full review. Not just "screaming" like an ass with only a one line explination. Hell looking at the number of people replying saying things against your "review" you might have gotten a bit more help.
Unread 12-28-2007, 07:49 PM   #498
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livvylove View Post
Yes a 96% is not bad at all, but when you look at the negative responses from about a year ago they all said pretty much the same thing that GrayCat said. So there are people who had issues with Dream Angels and it shouldn't be discounted at all. The feedback negatives where proof that GrayCats claims are more then likely true. Which is what you where asking for.
This whole statement is basically hear-say, so actually, it negates any proof what-so-ever.

Again, in this hobby, there are some "ridiculous to please people" (for lack of using a more derogatory explanation), and people feel they have to right to "bitch" about any little thing that can possibly be wrong. Ergo, why most all reviews should be taken with a grain of salt...which also leads to why commissioning is dangerous in the first place. Meaning, I could have gotten something from them that is actually a really good product, but because I'm a dick and think that one little thing was off, I can leave bad feedback and taint that reputation...even though, anyone else could think it's a wonderful product.

Now, as for GreyCat, you seem to be lacking quite a lot of information here. Obviously, this transaction doesn't involve you, so why make a fuss about it? It's really not that hard to find either of their e-mail addresses (not to mention Heki is a mod here). You seem like you're just throwing out accusations for the hell of it. Are you aware if this was a pre-styled wig for sale or was it a commission? Obviously, time-line can be greatly affected by one or the other. Was there any contact that you know of...because I know I wouldn't send payment to a seller who didn't at least send an invoice and confirm payment.

I know they aren't scammers, and I'll put my reputation on that. As I've said before, I've bought 3 costumes from them (wig included with one), with 2 more in process now. They have never missed a deadline for mem, and have responded any time I had a question or concern. Now, comparing my experiences with yours, something doesn't seem to sit right...if you catch my drift. I'm sure the others who posted about them in this very thread will say the same as myself as well.
Unread 12-28-2007, 07:52 PM   #499
GreyCat
Always in the background

You know what, my friend was scammed out of a freaking 150 dollars and I thought that was reason enoughto do that. If you want to go on spending you freaking money on shit you will never receive then go for it. Forget it. Oh, and who the hell knows. People get hacked all the time and maybe I would be saving someone the hassle I am going through.

For anyone that has anything HELPFUL to say to help me out, I am still in need of it. To the others being a bit on the, eh, should I say rude and being a JERK, please move on.

Asuka BMz: Ok, I completely understand your doubt then. No hard feelings. I am only doing this for my friend because she does not have a cosplay.com account and I offered to help her out. I mean, her and I have been friends for around 7 years now so why not? It was a wig that was for sale, already done (or I am to believe) and was bought using buy it now in October.
My friend, Megan or MAB (followed by a few numbers) on ebay, messaged them saying she never got the wig and there was no response. I then went on the computer and typed out a very understanding, very reasonable email saying to please come in contact with us. No response. I did it again and this time, being a little more demanding on at least an email, did this about a week ago. No response even though I asked to have a response in a week or less.
Ok, I also asked for help because honestly, I suck at navigating even in the search bar results for what I am looking at. I just need some imformation so I can contact them directly and get this whole thing over with.

Oh, no feedback was given on either side and I can not find the history for more then 60days ago (this is on eBay). I know she paid for it because her paypal is saying the transaction was cleared and completed.

Getting my fursona created for me, and unsure of any cosplays I will be creating.

I make furry mascot costumes. Please email me at Gettinfluzzy.com and check out Gettinfluzzy.webs.com for more pictures and info!

Last edited by GreyCat : 12-28-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Unread 12-28-2007, 07:56 PM   #500
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
If you want to go on spending you freaking money on shit you will never receive then go for it.
Seeing as how he's already received three costumes from them just fine I doubt that's the case.
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 08:00 PM   #501
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalinjection View Post
Seeing as how he's already received three costumes from them just fine I doubt that's the case.
You know, I always wondered how other people treat commissioners when they decide to contact them and purchase. You know, do they speak on AIM, send e-mails...you know, be friendly, chit-chat...or just be complete idiots.

Guess that kinda helped me figure that one out eh...lol.
Unread 12-28-2007, 08:01 PM   #502
-Kitsu

Quote:
For anyone that has anything HELPFUL to say to help me out, I am still in need of it. To the others being a bit on the, eh, should I say rude and being a JERK, please move on.
O shi- you sure told me...

Here's a thought, let your friend deal with it. You're not their parent and you're not the one out $150, now unless you suggested to buy it then really you need to explain to us where its your business.

BTW, its nitpicking, sarcastic ass to you missy. At least I don't feel the need to bash fellow commissioners without explaining my reason so who is the rude jerk now?
Unread 12-28-2007, 08:02 PM   #503
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
You know what, my friend was scammed out of a freaking 150 dollars and I thought that was reason enoughto do that. If you want to go on spending you freaking money on shit you will never receive then go for it. Forget it. Oh, and who the hell knows. People get hacked all the time and maybe I would be saving someone the hassle I am going through.

While Asuka BMZ isn't exactly being tactful here, he has a point.

I for one know personally that I have seen auctions of DreamAngel's that were for commissions, and had timelines of 3 months or more. When you buy something off eBay, you are agreeing to all of the sellers terms, including their timeline.

Which is why Asuka is right, it should be your friend here telling the story, since she has all the details. DreamAngel has excellent feedback and reviews on this site, so I highly doubt they are intentionally ripping anyone off, it's probably a misunderstanding.

Also, this might not be the case here, but sometimes messages sent to an eBay account do not make it to 'my messages' in eBay, and are sent to the email account registered with eBay instead, make sure your friend has checked that email, I know I've missed some messages that way on occassion.
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #504
GreyCat
Always in the background

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeisha View Post
While Asuka BMZ isn't exactly being tactful here, he has a point.

I for one know personally that I have seen auctions of DreamAngel's that were for commissions, and had timelines of 3 months or more. When you buy something off eBay, you are agreeing to all of the sellers terms, including their timeline.

Which is why Asuka is right, it should be your friend here telling the story, since she has all the details. DreamAngel has excellent feedback and reviews on this site, so I highly doubt they are intentionally ripping anyone off, it's probably a misunderstanding.

Also, this might not be the case here, but sometimes messages sent to an eBay account do not make it to 'my messages' in eBay, and are sent to the email account registered with eBay instead, make sure your friend has checked that email, I know I've missed some messages that way on occassion.
Ok, thank you for clearing that up with some taste. ^w^
They way everyone else is wording makes it seem like they are talking to me like I am some brain damaged child.

Ok, I just re-read the auction and it says about 3 weeks is the longest timeline for this wig.

I seriously just wanted to help someone out and maybe save them the hassle of it happening to them. I guess people like me are annoying and bothersome. -_-;;;

Unread 12-28-2007, 08:11 PM   #505
GreyCat
Always in the background

Quote:
Not to be an even bigger pain in the ass, but it was a wig and not a costume.
Has he gotten any wigs from them? if so, please say how the quality and the shipping time was so I could have a very rough estimate on the time it would take to deliver and make.

Unread 12-28-2007, 08:12 PM   #506
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
I guess people like me are annoying and bothersome. -_-;;;
It's not that, it's just when you come into the thread with "DO NOT BUY" with no other explanation at first it doesn't hold much weight. It also doesn't hold much weight if it isn't YOUR commission. To really help people, your friend should have come in and wrote a full review herself.
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
Unread 12-28-2007, 08:13 PM   #507
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Not to be an even bigger pain in the ass, but it was a wig and not a costume.
Has he gotten any wigs from them? if so, please say how the quality and the shipping time was so I could have a very rough estimate on the time it would take to deliver and make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka BMz View Post
I know they aren't scammers, and I'll put my reputation on that. As I've said before, I've bought 3 costumes from them (wig included with one), with 2 more in process now.
lern2read
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
Unread 12-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #508
GreyCat
Always in the background

Quote:
It's not that, it's just when you come into the thread with "DO NOT BUY" with no other explanation at first it doesn't hold much weight. It also doesn't hold much weight if it isn't YOUR commission. To really help people, your friend should have come in and wrote a full review herself.
Ok, thank you for clearing that up. It was honestly not ment to be so.. eh.. abstract a complaint. I just dunno. I saw the person about to sommission from them and wanted to get the point across loud and clear.

Ok, I just got my friend to sign up. She should be on soon.

Honestly, to everyone, I didn't mean to sound like such a jerk. In hinde sight, it was a bad move but with only good intentions.

Unread 12-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #509
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Oh, no feedback was given on either side and I can not find the history for more then 60days ago (this is on eBay). I know she paid for it because her paypal is saying the transaction was cleared and completed.
So wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyCat
Ok, I just re-read the auction and it says about 3 weeks is the longest timeline for this wig.
Um...what? LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyCat
Ok, thank you for clearing that up. It was honestly not ment to be so.. eh.. abstract a complaint. I just dunno. I saw the person about to sommission from them and wanted to get the point across loud and clear
Which is exactly what I'm doing as well. You can't take it, don't try to do it in the first place.

I luvs the irony...

Last edited by 4ng31 : 12-28-2007 at 08:17 PM.
4ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 08:15 PM   #510
GreyCat
Always in the background

Quote:
lern2read
>,>
Was SO not needed.