Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 712 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-29-2007, 01:29 AM   #541
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-holla-J View Post
Heh, I feel kinda weird, posting a review in the middle of all the drama-llamas.
It's appreciated nonetheless :> List Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #542
-Kitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-holla-J View Post
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: (Haha, I'm wearing my Best Buy shirt in these pics. Who knew Zexion had a side job selling computers?)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/CIMG0323.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/CIMG0328.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/CIMG0332.jpg
Holy crap, That came out awesome on you!

Thanks for the review/comments, I am actually really bad at posting WIP pics for just about everything so its something I will be working on.
Unread 12-29-2007, 07:55 PM   #543
Anstice
Mostly Harmless

I actually e-mailed an inquiry to Sakurawigs and here is the automated message I received:

Quote:
Thank you for emailing Sakura Wigs! (^o^)
This is an automated response.

We are currently very busy with orders and holiday celebrations. So we
may not reply to your email as fast as we normally do.

If you ordered a styled-cosplay wig and have stated your deadline, we
will not miss your deadline.

If you pre-ordered a base wig between September 15th and December
10th, please be advised that there has been a backlog problem with our
manufacturers, and unfortunately the wigs will not arrive to you until
late January 2008. If this is too late for you, please contact us for
a refund. Sorry for any inconveniences!

Thanks for your patience! We will get back to your email asap!

~SakuraWigs.com
I also looked on the eBay listing for the Aerith wig and it says that it is styled by SakuraWigs.com right in the auction title as can be seen here: http://cgi.ebay.com/AERIS-AERITH-FINAL-FANTASY-ADVENT-CHILDREN-COSPLAY-WIG_W0QQitemZ290169070650QQihZ019QQcategoryZ13667Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638 .m118

Maybe if you tried to deal with Sakurawigs directly as opposed to sending various messages via eBay, you would be more successful? Also, if you look at the Aerith wig, it looks like she is using the base wigs she has advertised on her website to style it. Which means, it would probably take a bit longer to ship said wig.

Goodness, doing a simple two minute research sure was hard!
Anstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #544
PepeluTivursky
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
Let's see what we can do here... I think everyone just went into bloodlust mode like whoa. >.>;

Try emailing from a different email address. I know for a fact that my gmail account hates some of my friends' emails with fierce passion and sends them directly to the junk email bin.
Next, if you still don't get an answer, go to "my eBay" and under the item it should have an option to report an "item never recieved". Take it straight through eBay. Honestly, for future reference, keep the paypal refund date in mind and, if there's no item/no contact by the end of the refund period, file for a refund and resend payment if the seller decides to contact you.

Now, for those unfamiliar with eBay, Grey and her friend may be having trouble finding the exact proof of the auction since eBay doesn't keep track of transactions over 60 days old anymore. It's really not a good thing, but eBay's getting too big to be responsible, apparently.

I know lots of people have had wonderful experiences with Dream Angels (I happen to know someone who didn't, but I won't go into that for... obvious reasons...)

Yes, the initial "review" wasn't quite fair, but I think this has dragged out just a little too far.
To Grey or your friend, howabout we take this to PM and I'll do my best to help from there so we don't end up in some massive flame war?

~Ari-chan
A+ recommendations here.
Remember, those PayPal disputes and Ebay disputes are both your friend. Use them wisely.
And I'm sorry to have caused such a fuss, even though it was passively so. I will say this - I've been scammed by a commissioner as well (and non-commissioners too). It's a hard thing to go through and while I appreciate the gesture of the warning, a little more details is definitely helpful.
You know the saying: There's three sides to every story - yours, mine and the truth. Given the good feedback and given that they made attempts in their Ebay feedback as well (notice the many withdrawals?), I definitely feel more secure and smarter this go around than last year when I trusted a fellow Cosplay.com member pretty much blindly not to jip me.
There are hard lessons to be learned in all of this and I'm sorry your friend has had so many problems, Greycat. Ari-chan's points are definitely some points to be well-learned and remembered.
Unread 12-31-2007, 08:26 PM   #545
Princess Blade
[ crazed dreamer ]

Name of Commissioner: NekoMimiChan

Website/C.com gallery: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=75220

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Necklace & earrings for Nia (Gurren Lagann)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1358223
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1358222

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Item commissioned on November 28, -two week wait because of finals-, finished on December 17 (only took her a week!!), paid for on December 23, and received on December 31.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:

Pros: NekoMimiChan is such a pleasure to work with! She clearly outlined what she'd be doing, the materials she'd be using, and was always in constant communication with me. She did a fantastic job on the jewelry, and I'll definitely commission her again if I ever need anything. =)

Cons: -Nada-

Final Grade: A+
Princess Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2008, 08:38 AM   #546
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated with the first review of the new year
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #547
Rukia_Kurosaki

Just a bit of warning...

I know this is not a post about a commissioner, but I was told to post in this thread to warn others. Sorry if it's in the wrong spot.

I'm not sure of how many of you are in the cosplay group on LiveJournal, but there's one member who sales things and lies about them or overcharges. Her name is PGSM_Usagi. She had been selling a schoolgirl and Princess version costumes of Usagi for $50. That right there should've been a factor telling me not to be interested, but I took the bait. My fiance ordered the costumes for my Christmas gift and only got one. When it arrived, it was FAR too small for me, covered in cat fur (my fiance is allergic), stained, and extremely wrinkled. Also, the measurements she gave me were completely wrong. I'd rip the costume in two if I tried it on.

Anyway. Once again, sorry, but people need to know about this girl.
Rukia_Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #548
Winter Divinity
夢は永遠に反響する

I think someone mentioned this before but I think it's a good idea for everyone to post reference pictures along with the finished products. It'll give others an idea of what the character looks like and they can do their own comparisons and make their own judgements. Just a thought ^^
Winter Divinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2008, 11:55 PM   #549
.*Giselle*.
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayago_Murikai View Post
I know this is not a post about a commissioner, but I was told to post in this thread to warn others. Sorry if it's in the wrong spot.

I'm not sure of how many of you are in the cosplay group on LiveJournal, but there's one member who sales things and lies about them or overcharges. Her name is PGSM_Usagi. She had been selling a schoolgirl and Princess version costumes of Usagi for $50. That right there should've been a factor telling me not to be interested, but I took the bait. My fiance ordered the costumes for my Christmas gift and only got one. When it arrived, it was FAR too small for me, covered in cat fur (my fiance is allergic), stained, and extremely wrinkled. Also, the measurements she gave me were completely wrong. I'd rip the costume in two if I tried it on.

Anyway. Once again, sorry, but people need to know about this girl.
You should edit to post about your ""refund""!
.*Giselle*. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 12:12 AM   #550
Rukia_Kurosaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by .*Giselle*. View Post
You should edit to post about your ""refund""!

The first time, Jamie/PSGM_Usagi said she was was sending a refund to my fiance. His PayPal to this date is still saying "Refund Pending." Keep in mind she said she would send it almost two weeks ago. I can't forget that she asked for the post about her to be removed.

Now, she's saying her 'boyfriend" is sending the refund. This is due to the SECOND post I made about her.
Unread 01-03-2008, 01:30 AM   #551
Rukia_Kurosaki

Here's the information for her:

http://forums.cosplay.com/member/60980

http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers...memberid=31769
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:13 AM   #552
usagi_love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayago_Murikai View Post
i have herd lots of drama stories about this girl, i dont think she even maid any of the costumes that she is wearing in her pic's
usagi_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:25 AM   #553
AnimeAngelBlue
Cardcaptor Jae

Costume was received, please disregard post. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Costumes::
Litchi Faye Ling - BlazBlue
Sakura-hime - Tsubasa Chronicles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Costumes I wanna make if I ever get around to it:
Ichihara Yuuko - XXXHOLiC
Kusakabe Maron - Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by AnimeAngelBlue : 01-13-2008 at 04:12 PM. Reason: grammar/spelling errors
AnimeAngelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 02:54 PM   #554
.*Giselle*.
Disney Princess

Thanks for the heads-up BlueCosplayAnge!
.*Giselle*. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #555
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Judging by the last time this happened...

*grabs flame-proof umbrella and hides*

EDIT: Kayago: I'd suggest posting a new thread as most people who come in here looking for stuff like that just check the front page, not the body posts

Last edited by phantomthief : 01-03-2008 at 09:34 PM.
phantomthief is offline   Reply With Quote