Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1314 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-25-2008, 01:58 AM   #961
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

And I believe we're all updated ^^
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2008, 09:26 AM   #962
Arichelic

Thumbs up Chisai/Cat Szeto

Name of Commissioner: Chisai/Cat Szeto

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.freewebs.com/chisaiwigs

Character commissioned and series/video game: Kisara wig (Yu-Gi-Oh!)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Wig

Timeline (how long your order took to process):
Originally e-mailed on July 2, 2008 for quote
Recieved quote/information later that same day (7/2)
Final product sent to me on July 24 with 2-3 day shipping (Priority Mail).
Date wig was needed for: July 29th/July 30th

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
Excellent experience! Cat is a fantastic commissioner. She always keeps in touch, and is quick to respond (responding later that day or the day after I emailed her). Her rate is good, everything is explained, and because of her making me sign a contract, it is more professional, I fully understood what I was getting, and all of her terms were laid out in front of me. Cat is also very informative, and she gave me great tips for maintaining my wig.
She does a great dye job (for custom colors), and was willing to work with me when a problem arose.
For example: Out of both of our control, the original base wig she ordered for me was lost in the mail. She gave me several options, offered a refund, and talked with me about how the situation could be handled. She also ordered a new base wig out of her own money, so my spending price didn't go up. I even still got my wig in time.

Final Grade: A++++++++++++++++++++ Forever x infinity
Arichelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #963
hehlow
and goodbye

Again, the edit feature does not work for that post...

I have more pictures of my wig, but I'm unable to edit it.

More Pictures of Kairi's Wig!

Left Side
Right Side
Front Side

I think it looks even better than those pictures up there. Awesome wig. <3

Last edited by hehlow : 07-25-2008 at 01:40 PM. Reason: the i and the that
hehlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #964
dizzylizzy
I sew things

Name of Merchant: Cosworx

http://www.cosworx.com/

Item purchased: (1) Tina 950 in 130 Red Auburn

Links to picture(s) of your received item:
http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?p...at=2450&page=1

Timeline:
July 17th- 25th.

Pros:
It arrived basically in a week. The fibers are soft and have a nice sheen. Beautiful color. Looks like the photo in the above link.

Cons: First time they shipped to me using a priority mail bag instead of a box. I had no problem with it, but the wig came unsealled in the bag and the fibers got a little knotted at the bottom. Nothing major, but it was unexpected.

Comments: An above poster ordered the same wig as me, but in a different color. The wig fits my head just fine. The skin top is a circle and sits fine. Also, the bangs hang fine unlike the above poster mentioned. (perhaps a botched wig?)

Final Grade: A-

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2008, 10:30 PM   #965
Bree The V.
Cosplayer Extraordinaire

Name of Commissioner: Fan-plus-friend (Fan-Store)
Website/C.com Gallery: Located Here.
Character commissioned and series: Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Pictures to the costume commissioned: Located Here, actual pictures will be included soon.
Timeline: Ordered July 8th, received July 24 (excluding weekends)

Pro: Everything was beautifully done, it fits me perfectly as a custom made cosplay. Very nice when in communication, and even included a nice big safety pin for the SOS Brigade band!
Con: Was a little slow in communication, had to wait until their daytime for them to respond, which means it would be night here. XD Not much of a problem, just don't expect an instant answer.

Thoughts?: This commissioner is very reliable. They sent it out quickly too, with EMS shipping. Their pictures are very accurate to what they send to you, so I have no qualms or issues with commissioning this person again. ^_^

Grade: A+ They're sending the bow to me! ^_^ Very good job, people.

Uh, PS? When I put in the commissioner's other name in this post, and then previewed it, it changed to LUMBERJACKED! I'm... a bit worried about that...

o.o Like that. It's suppose to be Fan-plus-friend without the hyphens...

EDIT: Problem solved, anyone who's gonna write a report on this commissioner, please view here if your linkage is acting up: Something about a joke..? Sent a message to admin about it.

Last edited by Bree The V. : 07-27-2008 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Grade, upgraded.
Bree The V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2008, 12:41 AM   #966
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated
Unread 07-26-2008, 06:37 AM   #967
Kyio
Active Lurker

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay1/Ajie Nugroho
Website/C.com gallery: Cosplay1
Character commissioned and series/video game: Sakurazukamori!Subaru Sumeragi from X/1999's art book -- only the cherry blossom kimono was done.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Front/side
Back
Product as displayed on their site
Timeline: Ordered on June 22nd, sent payment on June 23rd ($250). I received progress pictures on July 10th and the costume itself on July 21st. I gave them until August 1st to have it finished, and boy did they ever beat their deadline.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Ajie was very, very fast with all of his replies. If I had a passing thought that I sent through e-mail, he responded to it either the next day or within hours. He did offer to make the rest of the outfit, but the rest was just a black turtleneck and black pants. There's also a black scarf with designs on it, but I had to make that myself, since Ajie said he couldn't make out the design and couldn't do it. He also checked with me about the colors for the kimono to make sure they were correct, which I totally appreciated.

Pros: Wow was he fast. I know it was only one piece, but it was also a kimono with full embroidery, so I figured it'd take a good amount of time. But nope, not at all. He even remembered the red lining inside of the piece, which really made me happy, since the last person I had a commission done from forgot the lining on my last outfit. The kimono fits beautifully too. I absolutely love the work he did and can't wait till I order from him again.

Cons: The flowers are a bit darker than I would've liked around the edges, but checking the reference picture again (which sadly is only ONE picture), it seems that Ajie simply make the darkened pieces a bit too thick. Besides that, no problems :|b

Final Grade: A+
~ Subaru Sumeragi ~ X/1999/Tokyo Babylon [80%/90%]
~ Hokuto Sumeragi ~ Tokyo Babylon [10%]
~ Judith or Yuri Lowell ~ Tales of Vesperia [0%]

Planned Props For 2008/2009
~ Dymlos for Stahn ~ [0%]
~ Better Ofuda for Subaru ~ [80%]
~ Lance/Spear/Idk-wtf-it-is for Judith ~ [0%]
Kyio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #968
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Alrighty, updated, and this time including the Cosworx and Chainenekocat reviews I'd missed ^^;
Unread 07-27-2008, 05:23 AM   #969
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Kalas- I can understand your second review, but the first one... Isn't that your fault, honestly?

You purchased a petticoat that was too full for your needs (in person, even) and you give the store a lower score for your mistake?

Most CLAMP cosplayers need ridiculously fluffy petticoats for near-vertical circle skirts, hence Cosworx carrying them. I've seen that particular petticoat in person and it probably wouldn't be enough to hold up a few of my skirts. I actually own one about 3 times that size for Dejiko and Riku :\

I'm not affilated with cosworx, that one is just unfair.

~Ari

Last edited by phantomthief : 07-27-2008 at 05:26 AM.
phantomthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2008, 10:34 AM   #970
Bree The V.
Cosplayer Extraordinaire

Miss Kanira! I updated my grade! Could you update it please on the front thingie please? ^_^
Bree The V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2008, 12:43 PM   #971
Rainie

Name of Commissioner:Taiyo Cosplay
Website/C.com gallery:
website
Coscom profile
Character commissioned and series/video game: Top and sword holster of Espada Neliel Tu Oderschvank of BLEACH Click
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
Front
Front 2
Back
Sword Holster(his picture of it)
Timeline (how long your order took to process):
Sent 3/4 of the cost around middle of May but he didn't actually start it till beginning of June since he had others to finish up. I knew this beforehand so it was alright with me. I got the actual package only a day ago.
The whole thing took about 1-2 weeks longer than was expected for both of our sides. His estimation of completion time was at the end of the June month or beginning of July which was what I wanted anyway.
Total time? 7 weeks give or take a few days because of mailing of the payment.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros: Very nice to talk to. Observant and wonderful work. Also quick to reply on emails

Cons: There was a problem with our email communication. Some of our emails didn't get through to each other. Perhaps it might be a bit of fault on both our ends with one of our email providers. Either way, hopefully there won't be any problems like this for anyone else.

Comments: He's really comfortable to talk to which I was happy about since I know that some people wouldn't really care to answer questions or be upset because it would seem that I'm doubting the experience of the commissioner.

When he sent pictures of the top, I was a little worried because I couldn't see them that well but when I got it, everything was wonderfully done. It wasn't too thin or lumpy on the padded parts.When I saw the picture of the sword holster, I was wondering if the golden detail on it(see provided picture on top) was actually suppose to be there but when I went back to my reference pictures, it actually was so I was happy that he picked up and remembered on something so small that I didn't notice.

Final Grade: A+

???

Last edited by Rainie : 07-27-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Rainie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2008, 02:38 AM   #972
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

No problem Bree The V, all updated for you ^^
Unread 07-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #973
Saendie

Name of Merchant: Kalajeesta (AKA MegumiHime)
Item purchased (please include quantity): 1 Kurama yellow tunic and 1 Kurama wig.
Links to picture(s) of your received item: Cannot as never recieved!
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Paid for on April 8 and 10. Now 4 months and counting.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. This 'commissioner' took $315 from me and promised to have my items to me by the first deadline of June 25. Two days before it was due, I had to email her to ask if everything was still okay, only to be told she was ill and had a surgery to go through. I never had any notice at all before this that anything was wrong. I gave her a new deadline of July 23 so I could wear this for Comic Con as Anime Expo was now no good. On July 23rd I still had no costume. I emailed her and demanded to know what was going on. She pretty much told me I was too rude and she had just NOW finished the TUNIC. Nothing on the wig! I told her to shove what she's done in a box and mail it so I'd at least have it AFTER Comic Con. I just got home today (July 28) and still I have nothing nor an email explaining what has happened or the delivery confirmation I had asked her all three times. She is a failure of a commissioner and as of right now a total thief. You can read all about her trying to make me into bad person right here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=155052
Final Grade: F-
Saendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 01:40 AM   #974
Dal_Segno
Who loves, raves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
Kalas- I can understand your second review, but the first one... Isn't that your fault, honestly?

You purchased a petticoat that was too full for your needs (in person, even) and you give the store a lower score for your mistake?

Most CLAMP cosplayers need ridiculously fluffy petticoats for near-vertical circle skirts, hence Cosworx carrying them. I've seen that particular petticoat in person and it probably wouldn't be enough to hold up a few of my skirts. I actually own one about 3 times that size for Dejiko and Riku :\

I'm not affilated with cosworx, that one is just unfair.

~Ari
I do understand what you are saying, but I believe that it was miss-represented when sold to me. I know they have more practical petticoats [since I've seen other people with them], and that's what I had honestly expected to get when I bought it. Maybe it was a bit naive of me not to check right there and then, but it had seemed normal when I bought it. I have some pretty heavy skirts myself, but it just never quite looked right in my opinion.

I still stand by my grade since:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira
B +/-
While they bore the attributes on an excellent merchant, they have areas which could use improvement. Either customer service had a habit to lag, quality or accuracy was somewhat not up to par with they had convinced you they were supplying; still recommended as they bear possibility of improvement, and this might have been a fluke in a history of excellence.

Plus, I don't think my one minor dent in their 15+ reviews will effect them too much. B is still a descent grade. :]

Assassin: "Where are you going?"
Tealīc: "I am leaving. You are about to explode."

~~~~

FW Ink Wig Dye FAQ
Icon by: Silfar

Dal_Segno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 03:14 AM   #975
cutekawaii
Cos-BUSINESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalas View Post
I do understand what you are saying, but I believe that it was miss-represented when sold to me. I know they have more practical petticoats [since I've seen other people with them], and that's what I had honestly expected to get when I bought it. Maybe it was a bit naive of me not to check right there and then, but it had seemed normal when I bought it. I have some pretty heavy skirts myself, but it just never quite looked right in my opinion.
Ummmm. Lemme get this straight. You saw the petticoat in person, before you bought it, then decided it was too big after you already physically saw it? It's not like you ordered from an online store and the picture was different from the product, you knew exactly what you were buying! How is it CosWorx's fault that what it ~seemed~ to you wasn't what it actually was - that you misjudged?? Was it in a package or something?? I just can't fathom this. It's like buying the wrong sized shirt and blaming the store!
cutekawaii is offline   Reply With Quote