Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 603 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #1261
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Talon, if you could provide a slightly more comprehensive review, even inasmuch as knux's, I'd like to add it to the list ^^
Otherwise we're updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #1262
knux
Future Knux Love Sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
Talon, if you could provide a slightly more comprehensive review, even inasmuch as knux's, I'd like to add it to the list ^^
Otherwise we're updated!
Sorry, did I need to fix my review?
Unread 04-29-2009, 04:36 AM   #1263
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by knux View Post
Sorry, did I need to fix my review?
Oh no, it's perfectly fine. You're more concise in meeting the criteria than others tend to be, but not any problem. Would be lovely if Talon could manage it, however. ^^
Unread 04-30-2009, 12:02 AM   #1264
MapleGunman

Name of Commissioner: Cosplaycommish/Cosplaymandy
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.photobucket.com/cosplaymandy
Character commissioned and series: Miku (Antic Cafe) from the Aroma PV
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/d...y/DSCF4283.jpg
Timeline: March 13 to April 28th
Pros: Extremely nice girl, always replied promptly and eased the process seeing as it was my first time commissioning anything. The costume was close to perfect and she worked very hard to get the vest fabric as close to the original as possible. Fantastic quality, looks and feels like something from a shop, not costume-y.
Cons: The pants were a little bit small and the jacket was a little big but it's not enough to prevent me from wearing it... I will get them altered later on. A little pricey in comparison to other quotes I got, but quality made up for it.
Comments: For my first time, I'm extremely pleased with the outcome. I will definitely commission her again if the need be.
Final Grade: A+
MapleGunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 04:10 AM   #1265
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated
Unread 04-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #1266
ohsosilly

I looked through the first page, and I can't find a review for the ebay seller A.C.G. Land or animeshop777, although it was mentioned that there was one on the first page. Can someone please link me to the review? :<
Unread 05-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #1267
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Sorry ohsosilly, I can't seem to find it :<
Though it's entirely likely that I accidentally left it off the list (has happened an embarrassing amount of times already) I searched through all 85 pages with the keywords "animeshop" and "A.C.G." and didn't find anything except your post asking about them :<
Unread 05-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #1268
ohsosilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
Sorry ohsosilly, I can't seem to find it :<
Though it's entirely likely that I accidentally left it off the list (has happened an embarrassing amount of times already) I searched through all 85 pages with the keywords "animeshop" and "A.C.G." and didn't find anything except your post asking about them :<
Lol, the search option doesn't even work for me, I don't know why. I even tried typing cosplay in and got no results.
But thanks so much<3 They have a pretty good eBay feedback, so I'm hoping that's reliable enough. xD
Unread 05-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #1269
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika View Post
Comments: I'm still excited over this because I can't believe how amazing the pattern turned out... and if it hadn't been for 4ng31 having the link to djkaneda's Marketplace ad in his signature, I'd have never found him because I'd have never thought to look (Thank you, 4ng31!).
Not a problem, and I'm glad everything worked out well for you and that you can experience the joy of building props this way!
Unread 05-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #1270
Amariahellcat

Name of Commissioner: Beckie
Website/C.com gallery: www.becosplay.com
Character commissioned: Original Character, Tera Omagi: Full costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item Ref given: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...3rdLayer-1.png
Pics to come when I manage to take some
Timeline: First request sent January 1st 2009. Costume received on May 7th 2009
Pros: Beckie is definitely the nicest commissioner I’ve ever worked with; she responded to emails quickly and always made sure I knew what was going on with my costume. She asked me before choosing fabrics and got my opinion along the way, and was always very friendly and helpful. The due date for my costume was actually May 2nd, but she’d talked to me a bit before that and I’d said that the week after would be fine since I knew she’d been busy with school as well. The price was decent, and she shipped it fast and safely with everything folded safely within bags in the box. Thanks for an amazing costume, Beckie!
Cons: none
Final Grade:A+
Amariahellcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #1271
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated
Unread 05-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #1272
Sakura Efreet
Meep...!

Hi! I know for SURE there used to be reviews for Southern Moon Creations listed, and I just found one accidentally. Is it just not showing up? Also, when I was searching for it, nothing came up...

I live in Ohio and I try to catch every con in this state and the surrounding states (when money allows).
I have been cosplaying since the age of 9, and when I'm not cosplaying...
I'm a college student and an Irish dancer. ;]
Sakura Efreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 04:15 AM   #1273
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

They're listed as #40, mayurimoon / Southern Moon Creations in the second part of the list, third post
Unread 05-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #1274
amandajayde
Mandi

Thumbs up www.cosplay1.com review

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay1.com
Character commissioned and series: Whole costume, Ichihara Yuuko XXXholic
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...9/DSCN1599.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...9/DSCN1600.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...9/DSCN1601.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Not sure it was ordered for me as a gift!

Pros- The costume was AMAZING!!!!!! I couldn’t have asked for a better quality costume! The embroidery on the kimono and everything was perfect!

Cons- No instructions on how to wear the belt and it was a bit big (minor) I’m still totally happy with costume!

Comments: I would really recommend this commissioner, the quality and even comfort of costume were wonderful! I couldn’t ask for a better Yuuko costume! Would definitely look into buying from www.cosplay1.com again!

Final Grade: A++++
Unread 05-12-2009, 01:02 AM   #1275
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated <3