Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Unread 03-09-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
sukaruretsu

Question no unaccompanied minors?

so i was on the sakura con site and it said

"If you are under 18 years of age your parent or guardian MUST complete the Parental Consent section of the Registration Form. Due to some of the content presented at this convention, ALL minors must be accompanied by an adult who is attending Sakura-Con. Sorry, NO EXCEPTIONS will be made."

do they actually enforce this? o.o

yeahh this is my first year going and i dont particularly want to go with my mom T_T...or buy another pass...^^
sukaruretsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-09-2007, 11:46 PM   #2
Kagami-chan
Kagami

If you're over twelve, you have to have a guardian in the convention center. If you're twelve and under, you have to be with a parent or guardian at all time. I've heard about some kids that have gotten kicked out because of it.

[Kagami-chan switched accounts to Buttercup-chan]
[Might be switching back]
Kagami-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2007, 02:20 AM   #3
Raidenator4
Digi-Destined

I'm going with my Mom, Dad and best friend, who's basiclly my sister xD
Raidenator4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
The Evil One
Insane Cosplayer

If you plan on going you will need two things, without either you will be kicked from the con. First you have to find someone who is going to the con who is at least 18. Said person has to agree to be your guardian which means if you screw up they are held responsible. Secondly, you will need a note or form from your parent that states that said person can function as your guardian for the duration of the con, it must be signed.
The Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #5
Panda-chan
got Bamboo?

As The Evil One said you just need to have someone who is 18 or older attend with you. You could ask an older cousin or friends with older siblings that are attending and ask them to be your guardian. Check around with classmates and see if you can tag along with them and use their guardian as yours. The best part of that is they are already going so it's not like you have to pay for another pass.

Best of luck to you in finding a guardian for SC!
Unread 03-15-2007, 01:14 PM   #6
Acire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukaruretsu View Post
so i was on the sakura con site and it said

"If you are under 18 years of age your parent or guardian MUST complete the Parental Consent section of the Registration Form. Due to some of the content presented at this convention, ALL minors must be accompanied by an adult who is attending Sakura-Con. Sorry, NO EXCEPTIONS will be made."

do they actually enforce this? o.o

yeahh this is my first year going and i dont particularly want to go with my mom T_T...or buy another pass...^^

You don't have to be accompanied by your mom (I don't know if someone has already said this because I'm too lazy to read the thread <.<). I have been a guardian for my friends who were 16 or so, even though I was 18. I've never seen this rule enforced either. They wandered frequently on their own as well, so you don't have to be attached at the hip either.
Unread 03-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #7
Usachan
cosplay dreams come true

Everything you need to know or want to know says so here on Sakura Con's site:

http://www.sakuracon.org/index.php?s...ies.php#minors
Usachan is offline   Reply With Quote