Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Unread 04-10-2003, 08:12 PM   #1
Velvy

Bara no Konrei

Who's seen it? I bought a photobook of Bara no Konrei at AniMagic (though now I'm thinking of auctioning it at Ebay, since I haven't seen Bara no Konrei--I don't have much info on what it's about). And since I have a wonderful 56 k modem, that automatically rules out downloading it from Kazaa or WinMX. Will it be available to buy at upcoming cons perhaps? Or, though I haven't seen it auctioned yet, on Ebay?

Unread 04-10-2003, 08:58 PM   #2
soshi
onna kaizoku

just a note ... a lot of the photobooks for sale at Ani-magic (there was only one table selling them, as I'm sure you noticed) were bootlegs. I sincerely hope you got one of the original copies, because even the bootlegs were selling for astronomical prices. 0_0

BnK is a vampire movie Malice Mizer made. it's very angsty and symbolic (supposedly). I'm sure a lot of MM fans will throw things at me, but I was not impressed by the movie as a whole. the photography is beautiful, but plot and acting wise... it's severely lacking. I think it's stil available on places like CD Japan and Amazon, but it's not worth the high price. *shrugs* the photobooks are, IMO, the only good things that came out of it. there wasn't even any new music... sigh.
soshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2003, 03:59 AM   #3
UtenaOhtori
*° Amai Rakuen made... °*

Hi hi Velvy!! ^-^ I have the movie, like in BelAir there's no talking in it, only some phrases now and then. If you are to buy it, I suggest that you buy the second edition that came out in Japan, since it has Klaha, Kozi and Yu~Ki as narrators, and they look very pretty, too^^
If you want, I can send you a scan with the cover of this edition, or some screencaps, let me know ^______________^
UtenaOhtori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2003, 09:13 PM   #4
lupineloli
cyberlola

That isn't the second version - that is the making of the film. I own that and I think it is a better investment then the actual movie since Klaha/Kozi/Yu~ki TALK
=)
lupineloli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2003, 02:58 AM   #5
UtenaOhtori
*° Amai Rakuen made... °*

Right, making of^-^ I forgot to read all the sheet that was inside^^;;
But I totally quote what you said- it's wonderful to listen to them talk ^______________________^

Last edited by UtenaOhtori : 04-17-2003 at 03:04 AM.
UtenaOhtori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2003, 04:23 PM   #6
Sapphire Mana
Keeper of the Seidou

Bonjour, Cherie. *^^*

I have Bara no Konrei on my computer and would gladly send it to you, were our computers in any way compatible. ;.; But, I shall see if I can burn it onto a CD...I don't know...but for you, I'll try. ^^

As for the movie itself, I loved it. It was beautiful...though I'm probably a little biased. *giggles*

My interpritation of it is, basically Dracula with a twist...mainly the twist is where Mana and Kozi are concerned. You have the regular Dracula cast as follows:

Dracula * Yu~ki

Mina Murray/Elisabeta ~Dracula's Eternal Love, Jonathan's girlfriend~ * Cecil

Jonathan Harker ~Hero~ * Klaha

There's the basic love triangle, and the main plot story.

The underlying story lies between the two "new" characters. Kozi was the vampire that you could tell didn't really want to be what he became, and wanted to repent...possibly because of his love for Mana, the nun/vampire.

I think the ending is a little different, but I don't want to give anything away. Overall, one of my favorite movies. But, I loved Dracula to begin with. Fuse that with the people I love most in all of the entertainemt industry, and you have an instant favorite. *^^*;

And if you don't want the book, I'll take it! *laughs* kidding kidding, cherie...get some money out of it ^^

~*~Ningyou

Tasogare no naka ukabu kage itsuka mita kono koukei
Sapphire Mana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2003, 01:16 AM   #7
lupineloli
cyberlola

Mana x Kozi = I love it, they just PLAY into a yaoi fangirls' hands!
Unread 04-19-2003, 06:30 AM   #8
Sapphire Mana
Keeper of the Seidou

Quote:
Originally posted by lupineloli
Mana x Kozi = I love it, they just PLAY into a yaoi fangirls' hands!

...You just became my new best friend. XDDD *hugs*

~*~Ningyou

Tasogare no naka ukabu kage itsuka mita kono koukei
Sapphire Mana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2003, 04:36 PM   #9
alt_shorty
cosplay nazi

Sappire Mana I would love you forever if you would send the movie to me when i get home from my vacation ^-^ I wanna see it soooooooooooo bad!!! and you guys are right Kozi X Mana is just so Kawaii !!!!!!!!!
Unread 04-20-2003, 06:50 PM   #10
Velvy

Kozi X Mana?? O.O *froths....elegantly...XD...at the mouth*
Unread 04-20-2003, 11:32 PM   #11
slightlysalted
slightly salted.

wahh~i wanna see bara no konrei now ....(actually just kozi x mana XP) *tries to download*

Haha, I wandered at Katsucon and found two Kozi...I forced the shorter one to pose with our Mana.....XPPPP It was pretty funny since Kozi didn't seem too enthusiastic, and Mana kept on messing up the pose. (and in the end, the picture turned out fuzzy)
slightlysalted is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2003, 09:27 PM   #12
lupineloli
cyberlola

ah at last ~ ManaxKozi fans! *wards away with GacktxMana fans with upside down crosses and bloodshot eyeballs*

LOL - j/k
Unread 04-27-2003, 03:26 AM   #13
alt_shorty
cosplay nazi

I like alot of Malice Mizer pairings such as: Mana x Kozi, Mana x Gackt, Mana x Klaha, Gackt x Kami, Yu~ki x Kozi and Kozi x Klaha ^-^
alt_shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2003, 04:08 AM   #14
lupineloli
cyberlola

Most of my fics are Yu~ki x Kami and/or Mana x Kozi.

on a personal note: I don't personally believe or conduct in the rumor spreading that any of them are homosexual - let alone with one another.
Mana has sort of made it quite clear he is a skirt chaser anyway...I mean, look at him - he's a chick magnet!
Unread 04-27-2003, 01:09 PM   #15
alt_shorty
cosplay nazi

Thats a little strange...isn't it? if a guy like mana was after me... i think i would feel like a bit of a lesbian. I love mana to death but that would just be ackward.
alt_shorty is offline   Reply With Quote