Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Mid-Atlantic

Unread 03-21-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
FancyFace
Mars-Reiko-San

AMA 07: Wicked the Musical, looking for another group!

Me again. I would also like to find more Wicked fans who are attending AMA and will be cosplaying as any of the characters. I'm dressing up as Elphaba, so I'm doing the full out green skin and all. Would be great if we could have small gathering or something.

Sorry folks, I'm bored and got 3 more hours till work!

Unread 03-23-2007, 07:19 AM   #2
FancyFace
Mars-Reiko-San

Also, if anyone wants to do this I would love to do a skit too, maybe... Thats a high maybe because I get really nervous infront of people. But if we get enough people like a Galinda, and Fieryo and one or two guards men, I would love to reinact the corn field sceen. I have the script and can send it to you who's ever interested.
Unread 03-23-2007, 05:12 PM   #3
Kaoshima
Legendary Prosecutor

too bad skits have to be about anime...
Kaoshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 07:58 PM   #4
samt03

Well they don't have to be about anime, they just have to have anime characters in them, and be mostly anime chracters. (hence why there was a skit with Darth Vader last year) (Please no one bring up that Star Wars manga...) And oh Otakon one year had that skit with some Lord of the Rings characters... (and yes I know that was Otakon...)
Unread 03-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #5
FancyFace
Mars-Reiko-San

I thought skits could be about any sort of fandom. Probably won't get any people to do it anyway.
Unread 03-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
Kaoshima
Legendary Prosecutor

Sorry, but skits have to be about or at least starring anime or japanese videogame characters (e.x. you probably couldn't have a Harry Potter or Gears of War skit, but you could have a Suikoden or Street Fighters skit). however non-anime characters can make a cameo or minor appearance. (harry potter can run on stage and knock naruto out with spell, kick him, then run off, or something like that) you can usually find the rules concerning cosplay entries on the con website. In this case being: www.animemidatlantic.com
Kaoshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2007, 02:50 PM   #7
samt03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoshima View Post
Sorry, but skits have to be about or at least starring anime or japanese videogame characters (e.x. you probably couldn't have a Harry Potter or Gears of War skit, but you could have a Suikoden or Street Fighters skit). however non-anime characters can make a cameo or minor appearance. (harry potter can run on stage and knock naruto out with spell, kick him, then run off, or something like that) you can usually find the rules concerning cosplay entries on the con website. In this case being: www.animemidatlantic.com

Again I'll reference the Darth Vader skit from last year.... he did have a pretty big role, to say that the characters have to run off and on is wrong.
(and I'm not even gonna bring up the chicken skit from last year...)

Also AMA's rules arn't up, or at least I couldn't find them when I looked on the site. (I've been trying to figure out deadlines and stuff like that)