Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 74 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 03-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #1
ravenmist
I love lamp.

Lightning

Ok, so I think I've decided to throw away all my other FF cosplay plans and do Lightning from FFXIII. Ever since I saw the screenshots it's been in the back of my mind, but now something is telling me to just go for it.
Anyone else?
Now, I do have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. Her hair. Exactly what color would you consider it? It's like a light brown/-pinkish. I think. I'm horrible with wig colors. Can anyone reccomend a good place to get a wig done like this? Or at least one close enough that I could style myself.
Thanks!

Here are two close-up shots and one full-body shot in case anyone is interested. She looks kinda like Ashe to tell ya the truth.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...ngfullshot.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...lightning2.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3.../lightning.jpg

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon

Elizabeth - Bioshock Infinite, Oswin Oswald - Doctor Who, Twilight Sparkle - MLP: FIM, Arwen - LOTR
ravenmist is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #2
ravenmist
I love lamp.

*crickets chirp*

No one else planning a XIII cosplay? That's a surprise. I searched the pages and didn't find anything.
But if anyone could give me wig style and color suggestions that would be great. Thanks. =)

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon

Elizabeth - Bioshock Infinite, Oswin Oswald - Doctor Who, Twilight Sparkle - MLP: FIM, Arwen - LOTR
Unread 04-05-2007, 02:15 AM   #3
Mao_Melissa

Hi Ravenmist, love your Songstress Yuna! I am also planning on making a Lightning costume at some point. I've heard a lot of people saying that her hair is brown, pink, peach, or a combination of those so I'm a bit baffled myself. The closest thing that I've seen at Cosworx is the Strawberry Blonde but I do wish they had color reference pictures for some of their other color combinations. I'm still fairly new to wigs also. I've only cut and styled one at this point. I am thinking about buying a wig with some curl, cutting the right side in short layers and straightening, then letting the left side hang in loose curls. I have been wondering if it would be better to buy a short wig and add curly extensions to one side, but that would be pricier.
Mao_Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2007, 03:54 AM   #4
london2191

Hmmm, a suggestion maybe, but you could get a regular light brown wig in whatever style you're doing for her hair and then you could sharpie some pink through or dye some pieces of hair the pink color.

Man, that girl is gorgeous. I can't wait till I get my hands on that game. -snickers ebilly-
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:17 AM   #5
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

I would really love to do this outfit, and I plan to do it later in the year as were I have to many projects going right now @__@
Lightnings hair is deffently a pinkish brown, more so pink than brown from the the look of it. But make sure is is a very pale pink at that. I would suggest more brown towards the roots of the hair and more pink as the hair growns longer. It could also just look more brown at the roots because of all the pink, just keep that in mind. I say play with it a little till you get the look you desire.

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2007, 06:00 PM   #6
ravenmist
I love lamp.

Woohoo. Others!
Mao: Thanks for the comments! I heart my Songstress costume. Yeah, I saw the strawberry blonde wig on Cosworx as well and that was as close as I could find, too.

London: I've never sharpied a wig before, is it easy? Messy? It's a good suggestion though, especially since her hair color is very odd. Pretty, but odd.

Tifa-chan: Thank you for your suggestions as well. Looks like I'll just have to keep looking for the right wig or at least one I can fix up myself.

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:44 PM   #7
dark_feather
It's...... Gendo

I thought it was sort of a mousy brown..... gee, I hope I'm explaining that correctly. XD It is a strange color, isn't it? If you get a brown wig, maybe you can dye it with one of those tinted dyes. But I'm not sure if they even come in that color....

I was planning on doing Lightning too, but I decided to wait and see if I like the other character designs better. Especially since I heard rumors that she isn't the main character (I can't remember where though).
dark_feather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2007, 03:22 AM   #8
london2191

There's a thread about Dyeing with Sharpie on the Wigs forum. -nod-
Unread 04-10-2007, 10:00 AM   #9
ravenmist
I love lamp.

Wow, this girl posted some pictures today, but, apparently, has had this costume done for a while.
Just amazing. I PMed her about her wig. Maybe she can give me some pointers.
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...7409&cat=69682
Her Lightning is just amazing!!

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon

Unread 04-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #10
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

wow her lightning is fantastic! This just makes me even more exsited to about doing this one myself...at this rate I may just drop some of my other outfits for a while and make this one. Ganbatte!

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:02 AM   #11
Mao_Melissa

Wow, her cosplay is excellent and the wig is gorgeous! Please share her advice if you get an answer for the PM that you sent because her hair color is pretty dead on, probably the best that I've seen. I also heard that Lightning isn't the main character of the game and am wondering if maybe there is another female lead. If Lightning isn't the lead then I am wondering what other awesome costumes are out there. I still think that I will do this one though because I am glad to see another girl that can kick some serious butt like Tifa. Plus her costume and weapon is just awesome. I love it!
Mao_Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #12
london2191

Is this the asian girl? -is waiting for the page to load-

Oop, it is. xD lol, I saw your comments on her pics.

Wig= Maybe you should get a nice pink wig and dye it a light shade of brown. Hm. Or just purchase some extensions and practice/work on those to which you like. Because her hair color seems pretty particular.
Unread 04-15-2007, 04:00 AM   #13
jimmycosplay
mm

her hair is starwberry blonde from what ive been seeing. and jun sans lightning is fantastic. and im pretty positive that she is the main character. good luck on costume. i love seeing ff 13 cosplays.
Unread 04-15-2007, 07:11 AM   #14
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

Accually they have confermed that Lightning may not be the main character of XIII at all. Hum now that Jimmy mentioned it a srawberry blond could really do the trick.

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 04-25-2007, 06:30 AM   #15
tidus89ITA

I think that her hair are lightbrown with reflex pink ^^
tidus89ITA is offline   Reply With Quote