Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 4.85 average.
Unread 06-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #796
☆ KEITA
Pokémon Master

Yes those work, thank you! : D

Upcoming Cosplay
WWWl Stocking MALE VER (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
WWWl Horohoro TOURNAMENT VER (Shaman King)
WWWl Vivi (Luminous Arc)
WWWl Syaoran (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
☆ KEITA is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-07-2010, 12:04 AM   #797
ashelia89
Visiting Gran Pulse

^ no problem ^_^ glad i could help!
The Hume's ever skew history's weave. With haste they move through too-short lives. Driven to err by base desires, towards waste and wasting on they run. Undying, we Occuria light the path for wayward sons of man. Oft did we pass judgment on them so that Ivalice might endure. Eternal, we are hist'ry's stewards, to set the course and keep it true. The chosen is our hand - our fist - to let live some and to crush the rest.
ashelia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #798
Shouri no Hana
Dragoon Wannbe

So I'm having a slight dilemma here, and I don't mean the missing paycheck.

I've been trying to figure out a -base- for Lightning's Shoulder Pauldron, and I've poured over every piece of artwork and in-game screen shots. I've already figured out how to shape it to my shoulder and everything, but does the armour rest against her shoulder or do you think there is a space between the curve and her shoulder?

I'm trying to figure out how to wire it to make it glow while not throwing the scale off at the same time. And I have this feeling I'm gonna have to feed the wiring through the inside of the jacket and have the battery pack clipped to the skirt belt...

Commander Shepard (ME3 - Sentinel) Progress:80%
Commander Shepard (ME - Infiltrator) Progress:15%

Shouri no Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #799
ashelia89
Visiting Gran Pulse

hrmm,i used a knee pad as a base for it since it has a curvature for it,sadly i dont have money for EL wire but i used bright yellow sculpey clay,,,anywho...i though the pauldron by design just has 3 straps that are attached to the vest ? by some studs and that this is how its attached ?

*the pauldron sits very closely on the vest by having the straps attached to it i believe ?*

is there any chance you can find some EL wire thats big enough to scale for the pauldron but small enough to fit inside the pauldron itself?

adding to my progress ive managed to do more work on the vest and pauldron revamping,along with getting my contact lenses
The Hume's ever skew history's weave. With haste they move through too-short lives. Driven to err by base desires, towards waste and wasting on they run. Undying, we Occuria light the path for wayward sons of man. Oft did we pass judgment on them so that Ivalice might endure. Eternal, we are hist'ry's stewards, to set the course and keep it true. The chosen is our hand - our fist - to let live some and to crush the rest.

Last edited by ashelia89 : 06-07-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: add more to post
Unread 06-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #800
Shouri no Hana
Dragoon Wannbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelia89 View Post
*the pauldron sits very closely on the vest by having the straps attached to it i believe ?*
I wasn't discussing in terms of the vest, but her physical shoulder... anyway...

I decided on this type of wire, I might just go with the 5foot plug and play, I'm still debating the driver to use. I did think pipsqueak but that's actually too big, surprisingly.

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c....it.A/id.854/.f

my mockup got smushed in the move, so I gotta do a new one...

Unread 06-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #801
BigBangShootr

Wow, actually that line could work really well. And how would you mold it to your shoulder? Hey shouri...how long is the blade, side guard, and handle of your Blazefire? the small one. I hate to bug you again... but this thing is kicking my ass.
BigBangShootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #802
ashelia89
Visiting Gran Pulse

aww im sorry to hear that

sorry i misunderstood ya there on the pauldron help,i think it might have a small curvature but its pretty snug against her shoulder ! *from what it looks like in the pictures*

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=DSC02184.jpg

^^
Unread 06-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #803
stephhxstar

Hello (x I was reading and noticed you were trying to figure out how to do her shoulder armor/pauldron thingy. I finished my costume, so I figured I'd lend a hand. (:

When I did mine, I actually just molded around my shoulder with foil and then cover the foil in Sculpey. Then I detailed everything. It takes a while to get a perfect shape and everything though, I got it on my second try.

As for EL Wire, I bought some a while ago from a site that sells it, can't remember the name though. /: However, my EL Wire ended up breaking in the luggage (took a plane to Cali from Jersey) and it wouldn't light up how it was meant to. ):
I have pictures of it on my profile, just click the link.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/306552/
stephhxstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #804
stephhxstar

Hey (: I was reading some of the posts here and saw that some of you are wondering about how to make the shoulder armor/pauldron. I finished my entire Lightning costume, so I thought I'd help!

So I used Sculpey as the material I made it out of. For the shape, since it looks like it was made to fit her shoulder, I put tin foil over my shoulder to get the shape and then formed the Sculpey around that and cut it to the shape I needed and everything.

Also, I chose Scupley because you can add a lot of detailing to it, which works well since her pauldron is detailed at the bottom.

I also added EL Wire I got from an online store that specializes in EL Wire, but it broke in the luggage (took a plane to Cali from Jersey) and it wouldn't turn on anymore ): So I'm going to order new lights to put on for Otakon.

Hope this helped! (: You can see pictures of how it came out in the link below :
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/306552/
stephhxstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #805
Shouri no Hana
Dragoon Wannbe

I used this picture for ref here http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/F..._Lightning.jpg

The way I had it was using newsprint and a shitload of masking tape to get the curve of my shoulder. From there i was gonna make a proper pattern, however for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how far it stuck out. Clearly it's snug right against her arm, I'm gonna have to wire her jacket. Argh, that means I gotta order everything at the same time.

Shootr, I only have the small one with me, the large one is wrapped up in the closet at my mother's.

The blade hits around 24/25 inches in length, just because of the way it's layered, I can't tell.
The midsection hit's 9 inches, again it laps over the blade, you'd have to take a look at my progress pics to see what I did.
Handle is 10 inches, again it laps over.

In other news, I've ordered my Lightning wig from Ayanamisatoru off of eBay. Playing around with my Yusei wig reminded me

Now I gotta go stock up on those free daily newspapers.

Unread 06-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #806
kaori1
kaori1

Shouri,

Are you going to the fan Ex in August? (I'm from Ontario too). I am hoping to go as Lightning, it'd be great if would see you there ^-^
kaori1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #807
Shouri no Hana
Dragoon Wannbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaori1 View Post
Shouri,

Are you going to the fan Ex in August? (I'm from Ontario too). I am hoping to go as Lightning, it'd be great if would see you there ^-^
I'm trying to, I gotta get permission. It's the exact same weekend as my birthday (August 28th) so I'm really hoping that will work.

I will be at Otakuthon in Monteral though.

Unread 06-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #808
Viverra
Commander

Hi guys! I finally have some pictures up of my completed cosplay!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2581398/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2581407/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2581411/ (<-- My favorite so far ^^)
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2581416/

Enjoy! XD
Pyrrha - RWBY

Planned Cosplays
Gamora - Guardians of the Galaxy (with the fiancee as Star Lord)

Next Cons
Comicpalooza
A-kon
SDCC
Viverra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 05:30 AM   #809
ashelia89
Visiting Gran Pulse

your pictures are awesome Viverra I hope there will be more soon!
Unread 06-08-2010, 07:14 AM   #810
Shouri no Hana
Dragoon Wannbe

Viverra that's amazing.

I don't have a one track mind, okay maybe I do, but I want to ask about your Blazefire. The paint job looks exactly like the one I have planned. May I asked how you went about it?

Off Topic again, do people want progress pics (again) when I tackle:

A: Blazefire's Paintjob
B: Light's Shoulder Armour

I found a whole thing of silver paint last night, so I've already started the paint job.
Tidbit Edit: If you can spray paint the silver, by all means, do so. It's taking like... a 'million and six times ten' coats before the paint is even uniform.

Last edited by Shouri no Hana : 06-08-2010 at 09:12 AM.