Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 08-19-2002, 10:58 PM   #1
JigokuSchuldich

Hiyo! <(^o^)>

Hi! Well, I'm kinda new here ^_^. Name's Helen, but I go by Chu-chu! I hope I feel welcomed here *scratches head*

Yeah, I love cosplaying! But it's kinda hard for me to go to conventions that's isn't around my area. >.o

Douzo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimaa~su!

Unread 08-19-2002, 11:14 PM   #2
KuroBara
dog of the military

Welcome to the forums. Chu-Chu's a cute nickname, I got stuck with Miaka. Oh well. Have a good time here ^_^
Unread 08-19-2002, 11:50 PM   #3
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Helloooo. Welcome to the forum! *gives welcome Pocky*

Chu-chu? lol. I need a nickname.
Unread 08-20-2002, 12:10 AM   #4
Tsuzuku

HELLO~~~~(shake hands) I am news here ,TOO~~~
Tsuzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2002, 12:28 AM   #5
JigokuSchuldich

*glomps everyone**accepts pocky, and gives everyone mochi*

Wow, everyone's so friendly! ^o^ I'm happy to be here ^_^

Kuro=> Miaka's a nice nick-name too! Was that name from Fushigi Yuugi?

Ayaka=>Why don't you go with Ayaka? ^^ I think it's cute!

Tsuzuku=>*huggles tsuzuku* Yaaay for us newbies!!
Unread 08-20-2002, 12:30 AM   #6
Yggdrasil Pie
WRYYYYYYY

Welcome! Welcome! I'm Koko, nice to meet you! *gives blue origami flower*
Unread 08-20-2002, 12:53 AM   #7
JigokuSchuldich

Waaai! Kawaaii =^o^= *makes a yellow crane, but poorly made* o.0 I need to work on it ^^.
Unread 08-20-2002, 01:09 AM   #8
KuroBara
dog of the military

>Kuro=> Miaka's a nice nick-name too! Was that name from Fushigi Yuugi?

Yes, it's from FY. Everyone watched the show my freshman year of college, and it was decided that I had several Miaka-ish traits, so it was stuck. Then I used it as my net nickname, and it stuck there too. For this board I tried something a little different ^_^
Unread 08-20-2002, 01:24 AM   #9
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Well, I sort of figured that nicknames were things friends gave you for . . . weirdness, from what I've heard, lol. Similarities to characters, etc. I think it's not the same if you give them to yourself. lol never mind ^^
Unread 08-20-2002, 01:58 AM   #10
JigokuSchuldich

Oooh, so that's how it is ^_^. You probably have a fun and energetic personality nee?

>Well, I sort of figured that nicknames were things friends gave you for . . . weirdness, from what I've heard, lol.

Weirdness? Another group of my friends calls me "soy sauce"....and I dunno why they call me that o.0 Maybe because they asian people like soy sauce a lot or something...

Oh yeah, I live in San Jose! Does anybody live around me? Maybe we can meet somewhere or at a con! =^o^=
Unread 08-20-2002, 08:54 AM   #11
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> Chu-chu? lol. I need a nickname.

Too late, everyone here knows you as Ayaka already... and nicknames aren't always all that much fun... a lot of people call me Rosi, and I have to share that name with a friend's DOG.

>_<;;;;;

But my usual nickname is Zoi, due to ressemblance to Zoisite from Sailor Moon, and the fact that I used that nickname online for 7 years. I don't know what made me use Rosiel on this board... ^___^ probably the fact that most of my livejournal friends met me dressed as Rosiel and started to call me like that...

I am babbling aren't I?

Well back on topic... nickname!
Chuchu is a cute one... =) does it have an interesting story linked to it? Why Chuchu?

I'm still babbling so I will end it now. =)

And welcome!
Unread 08-20-2002, 09:52 AM   #12
KuroBara
dog of the military

>Oooh, so that's how it is ^_^. You probably have a fun and energetic personality nee?

Well, I'm usually optimistic, but the nickname came about from eating habits (no, I do not eat that much!) and her umm...how shall I phrase this...tendency to lose clothing? I tend to dress in layers, so when I would take off a layer, my friends called it spontaneous loss of clothing, like Miaka does in FY. It stuck when a taller, blonder friend of mine inadvertently cut her hair so it looked exactly like Yui's (no, she wouldn't cosplay). Since we were best friends at the time, it was Yui & Miaka. Ironically, we're now in a big fight, lol!
Unread 08-20-2002, 10:47 AM   #13
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

lol. Luckily no one knows the source of my self-given nickname, so no one can tell me that it's completely inappropriate for me. Not a single person has gotten it, even though on ezboard it's Miss Ayaka; now I register as Ayaka, cause people kept using the "Miss" lol.

You share "Rosi" with the dog? lol! Well my uncle got the nickname "Chili", which is our former dog's name ("Chili Dog"; we didn't name her, actually). I think it kinda bugged him.

Kuro - Wow, that IS ironic . . . though now I don't have to tell you guys to stay away from libraries. No, wait, you shouldn't, there's sexy guys in there! (Well, not the library, you know what I mean!) Spontaneous loss of clothing? lol. XD
Unread 08-20-2002, 11:39 AM   #14
GenderConfusedCloud
Gender Confused Cloud

Hia! I'm another newbie, as for nick names, youre lucky, Chu-Chu (Squeak-squeak?) is a neat nickname, my friends call me ''Teddy bear girl'' or ''plushie'' because I got so many, and the colection's still growing 0.o; anyways, nice to meet you!
Unread 08-21-2002, 08:26 PM   #15
JigokuSchuldich

>Chuchu is a cute one... =) does it have an interesting story linked to it? Why Chuchu?

Well, I think it just happened randomly. I cosplayed as Schuldich from Weiss Kreuz, and my friend introduced me to his friend, who cosplayed as Farfafellow ^_^. He wanted to choose a nickname, and I think he chose Chu-chu for me o.o Since then, I've been using that as a nickname. Probably why I stick with it, because I love the character Chu-chu from Utena ^o^. He rocks!

>It stuck when a taller, blonder friend of mine inadvertently cut her hair so it looked exactly like Yui's (no, she wouldn't cosplay). Since we were best friends at the time, it was Yui & Miaka.

Whoaa...that's like....soo cooool! It's like you're them in a different dimension or something! ^o^.

>... a lot of people call me Rosi, and I have to share that name with a friend's DOG.

Watch out! Your friend's dog might took a evil pill and get possessed by a Eeeeeevil angel and try to find his lost sister!!!! >;o!!!

Senzu=>Hii! Wai! Another newbie like mee! ^o^. Yeah, sometimes I make weird sounds that sometimes sounds like a high pitch rat o.0. Awww, "teddy bear girl" and "plushie"? You must be pretty comfortable to hug...hmmmm *glomps Senzu* Waii! Ur're comfty! =^o^=