Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 03-25-2007, 06:42 PM   #1
Yamibito

Forbidden Siren Cosplay - Yamibito

Hi there!

I'm currently looking toward making a Yamibito costume from the VG [Forbidden] Siren 2. I understand it didn't hit US shores which really does blow. I have a number of questions, and if you can help me with one, or more, please don't hesitate.

I am a beginner and I'm wondering quite genuinely if this task can be completed in three weeks, especially given some assessment which should soak up one of those weeks. I have the support of a few friends who can help me out, but I understand an undertaking like this is not to be considered light.

I'm having difficulty discerning between the clothing items worn by my character and would appreciate some help distinguishing between the clothing articles. The main article appears to be some kind of hooded robe, shroud, kimono or something even similar to a nun's habit. These seem to be cut at the waist, or even flow down to below knee. The secondary thing seems to be a number of sashes/obi.

The good thing about this costume is the degree of flexibility in what it compiles, as long as the general feel is rustic/dirty/gory. How would one go about making this look? Run it through a few cycles and kick it about the dirt?

The makeup... oy. But I imagine I can go to the makeup board and ask about ghost paint/black makeup etc.

I've attached some reference pictures, they're generally quite dark and look terrible on older monitors (I've only just noticed the quality on my university monitor). An official image, a screencap, some fanart and a couple of cosplays kindly located by the group at IGN. Browse through and even flick me a passing comment, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yamibito.jpg (66.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20060210_07_01.jpg (10.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20060210_07_02.jpg (9.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg yamibito_fs2dotcom2.JPG (86.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Siren_by_HazyDelirium.jpg (60.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Yamibito : 03-25-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Yamibito is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
Hyper_Phantom

I believe, if you worked on it straight through or timed yourself wisely, you could finish it in time. I also agree with your assesment of what he's wearing. The make-up doesn't look all that hard either.
Unread 03-26-2007, 02:41 AM   #3
Yamibito

Thanks for the encouraging words!

I also have the addition of a Youtube video of an ending (spoiler) in which a character descends into the Yamibito underworld.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN5lhkWKlyA

I'm having real difficulty distinguishing what kind of hat it'd be.
Yamibito is offline   Reply With Quote