Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-12-2007, 10:53 PM   #16
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

How about glueing on Little Crystals onto a base? Those meant to decorate Clothings, gloves in various patterns?

If I ever get to do her Final Ballgown and can't afford someone to make the Tiara for me, think I might go that way.
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-23-2008, 07:35 AM   #17
pyro_wolfie
Ryth

If you still need reference pictures and this thread isn't dead xD While I was looking for a reference for her yellow dress (once upon a december) I found this awesome person on photobucket that uploaded screencaps of the whole movie and has awesome reference pictures.

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...%20Screencaps/
pyro_wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #18
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Great ref pics, thanks to all who contributed! I have had that yellowish ballgown of hers on a "maybe later" cosplay list for a while but perhaps with these new ref pics I can actually start going somewhere with it.
Unread 12-24-2008, 04:41 AM   #19
snowblack
Taisa!!!

I'm going to add a little information on the Tiara for this costume, just in case anyone does this dress again, I think its absolutely beautiful. I love Russian history and culture, and would love to make the costume myself but I don't think i'll ever have the time. Anyway... The kind of tiara she is wearing is similar to a Kokoshnik or Russian Fringe Tiara. Here is a photo of a real one:http://flickr.com/photos/eigna1753/2253034811/ The closest replica to a fringe tiara I could find was right here: http://www.crowndesigners.com/en/ind...&productId=250 Unfortunately its a bit pricey.
Gundam 00-Tieria Erde(Season 2 Episode 8)

Planned Costumes:
Larsa Solidor (Final Fantasy XII)
Motoko (Ghost in the Shell:SAC)

Conventions I attend:
Fanime
Anime Los Angeles
Anime Expo
Comic Con
snowblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2008, 05:52 PM   #20
Last_Chael

I've always loved her dress from the beginning and the blue ballgown from the Ballet. I do like her end ballgown too though. So many pretty dresses!
Last_Chael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #21
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

All I have to say is THANK YOU. I have been looking for references everywhere. I'm planning to make this dress. I have all the historical research but the actual movie stills were impossible to find. THANK YOU.
Unread 01-12-2010, 06:59 AM   #22
jesspark
Danger Girl

Thanks for the great links, everyone! I own the movie (it's one of my favorites), but it's so much more convenient to look at screencaps online.

Something else you might consider if you're working on the final gown: watching the 1956 live-action film Anastasia, also from 20th Century Fox, on which the 1997 animated movie was based. I haven't seen the 1956 version, but Ingrid Bergman apparently wears a dress that's basically a real-life version of the animated dress (although it looks as though the colors may be different). You can see it (somewhat) at about 1:50 in this trailer. Just something else to possibly use as reference if you can get your hands on the DVD!

You might also see if you can find some of the dolls Galoob produced for the film on eBay for a three-dimensional reference. This is the "Always & Forever" doll, which wears the final gown.

That being said... has anyone thought of cosplaying Anya in her "orphan" get-up? (Reference: 1, 2, 3.) I hesitate to call it a "dress." I think her ballgowns and the dress she wears to the ballet are gorgeous, but 1) there ain't no way I'd be able to put those together at this point, and 2) I like scruffy Anya. I'd also be cosplaying with my husband dressed as Dimitri in his standard street clothes, so Anya's orphan outfit would be the most appropriate, I think.

If it's not too much of a thread hijack, do any of my fellow Anastasia fans have suggestions for the type of fabric to use to make the dress... thing that Anya's wearing when she leaves the orphanage? I've never sewn a dress before, but I figure this would be a good beginner's project, given that it has no shape whatsoever outside of the belt cinched around her waist. I'm just not quite sure where to start!
jesspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 08:10 AM   #23
Claudia Vice
Oh my.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesspark View Post
That being said... has anyone thought of cosplaying Anya in her "orphan" get-up?
Lol I've actually decided that if/when I ever cosplay Anya, I'd have her orphan outfit for hanging out on some low-key day of a con and a fancy outfit for a meetup/photoshoot or something. I don't know how, but I find the ensemble kind of cute in a weird way.
Fanime!
SDCC!
Some other places!

Do I look like a reasonable man or a PEPPERMINT NIGHTMARE?
Claudia Vice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 08:14 AM   #24
jesspark
Danger Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia Vice View Post
I don't know how, but I find the ensemble kind of cute in a weird way.
Me, too -- and it looks like it'd be comfy!
jesspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #25
nessabutterfly

I fully intend to do Anastasia's blue ballet gown for Dragon*Con this year. I love that movie so much-- I even named my daughter Anastasia (and my husband insists on calling her Anya even though I favour Stasi). I just need to wait until I'm done nursing to strap myself into that corset, and I need to grow my hair a LOT longer to manage that huge bun (though I'm sure I'll be wrapping in some foam or extensions either way-- dumb fine hair!)
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #26
Ka.GAMI
loves you~

Wow, I'm actually surprised this thread is still going, and I'm glad it's really helped a lot of people. xD I changed accounts due to the fact that I wanted to be more organized with my pictures and deleting that many pictures...really would suck.

Something went wrong with the dress I was originally going to do, but I am currently working on her Once Upon A December dress, and it's going fantastically so far~ I am just a little worried with how it's going to fall, but that's what a petticoat is for, right? xD

And with the dress I was going to do, there is a picture of Anastasia(the actual Anastasia), in that dress. The one in the movie was based off of the one that she had in a painting. It's pretty cute. <3

Along with the dress that the doll is wearing- it's not accurate to the one in the movie. The one in the movie doesn't have(Er, I want to say it'd be lace, but I'm not sure)gold running down it- but small pink embroidered circles. Along with that, it doesn't show the layers at all- it's a three layer dress if you don't include a petticoat~

Currently: grnjkan
Next con:

PAX 2012
Rhyme Bito -TWEWY
Probably some version of Ramona
Probably some version of Amy Pond

Last edited by Ka.GAMI : 01-27-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Ka.GAMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #27
_Nightshade_
Nightshade

Hey! I know this thread is super old so I'm just wondering if the dress ended up happening o.O I'm making it as well for Anime North this year. Tiara suggestion: cardboard with silver glitter. ^-^ I know that I will have no desire to bead crystal after beading those nightmare circles and I know you probably won't either! Well, here's hoping you read this lol

http://www.myspace.com/nightshade_
_Nightshade_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #28
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

I'm planning to make Anastasia in late 2010 or mid 2011. I'm following historical guidelines too. There are photos of dresses made by the woman that made the Romanov's actual gowns available online. Her coronation dress in the movie is based off of those designs. I'm having a hard time finding the time appropriate materials but I'm sure it'll happen.
Unread 03-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #29
deranged inc.

Ah! I was just talking with my sister how I want to make the sailor dress that she wears in the dream with her family goes swimming. Anyone notice how Alex's hair is brown, was he depicted as a blonde in the painting that we see earlier?

Seeing how it's easily the cutest thing ever and a little more rational in comparison with the ball gown, its one of my favorite movies and we share the same name and nick-name. My mom went through a Romanov phase, why shouldn't I?

Hopefully I can get it done for a later spring con, it seems light and comfortable.
Unread 03-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #30
appleboy

where to buy the dress?
appleboy is offline   Reply With Quote